Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

joe40 wrote: »
    So you support the mass murder of children, and they're the radicals?

I 100% support the total annihilation of every man woman and child who supports ISIS. They are like cockroaches, the only way to be sure they've gone is to call in the exterminators.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

blueshade wrote: »
    I 100% support the total annihilation of every man woman and child who supports ISIS. They are like cockroaches, the only way to be sure they've gone is to call in the exterminators.

Gotta nuke something.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

No point telling lies. I'd be of this unpopular opinion too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Even children, who could be adopted and treated with therapy. Jaysus. Similar outlook to isis there.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Even children, who could be adopted and treated with therapy. Jaysus. Similar outlook to isis there.

Good luck trying to bring them back into the light.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Good luck trying to bring them back into the light.
    Probably best to find out from a psychiatrist whether it's possible, and taking into account all the variables, before just writing them off.

Tomw86 wrote: »
    People who drive motorbikes rarely adhere to the rules of the road and are a danger on it.

Also, very little is done about them.

This is called conformation bias. You don't notice bikers that are driving normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Tomw86

This is called conformation bias. You don't notice bikers that are driving normally.

Ok fair enough - the majority I see daily do not drive properly. They will fly down the driver side (right hand side) and think they can cut in whenever and wherever they want without the hint of an indication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Gotta nuke something.

The whales..

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

Isis, along with all the other tribes of the world will have every right to hate us and bomb us all to hell when global warming hits its maximum effect and kills there cattle, strips there farmland, burns down there forests, and denies them of clean water and food of any kind.
    It’s us that should be wiped of the planet, not small fry isis.
    No matter how many people you exploit and kill it will never do the damage that we have done.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Midster wrote: »
    Isis, along with all the other tribes of the world will have every right to hate us and bomb us all to hell when global warming hits its maximum effect and kills there cattle, strips there farmland, burns down there forests, and denies them of clean water and food of any kind.
    No matter how many people you exploit and kill it will never do the damage that we have done.
    Would it be better to kill them first ?

I'd say the oil industry and the burning/manufacture of oil related products is a huge contributor to global warming.

Remind me again what part of the world ISIS come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Raconteuse wrote: »

Good job he's not the boss of anything, just an angry little man.

blinding wrote: »
    Would it be better to kill them first ?

You’d have to ask yourself, who deserves to die the most,
    1) Killer and exploiter of people (them)
    2) Or killer and exploiter of people, and planet destroyers. (Us)

Get off your ivory virtue signalling tower. This is a group of people who would want to do me harm, simply because I'm A) not of their religion or B) because I'm from a western nation. Your Global warming excuse is another in a long list of denials for the realities of the situation.

Every religious fanatic (and Islam has plenty of those) is perfectly capable of going back to the crusades for justification... although they don't need to, since their faith demands that they crush us. No doubt you'll throw out another denial to ignore that simple little fact... that they themselves have announced hundreds of times.

I find it hilarious that our enemies tell us exactly why they want to destroy western nations, but people need to find other reasons of their own making. I'd imagine ISIS and other similar groups are probably a bit frustrated that their primary reasons for war are being ignored. :pac:

You’d have to ask yourself, who deserves to die the most,
    1) Killer and exploiter of people (them)
    2) Or killer and exploiter of people, and planet destroyers. (Us)
    I am a strong believer in killing the bad people before they get me .

To be honest , I live a very simple basic life = I am a fooking hero . If most people on this planet used as few resources as I do then even the Green Nutjobs would crack a smirk .

Get off your ivory virtue signalling tower. This is a group of people who would want to do me harm, simply because I'm A) not of their religion or B) because I'm from a western nation. Your Global warming excuse is another in a long list of denials for the realities of the situation.

Every religious fanatic (and Islam has plenty of those) is perfectly capable of going back to the crusades for justification... although they don't need to, since their faith demands that they crush us. No doubt you'll throw out another denial to ignore that simple little fact... that they themselves have announced hundreds of times.

I find it hilarious that our enemies tell us exactly why they want to destroy western nations, but people need to find other reasons of their own making. I'd imagine ISIS and other similar groups are probably a bit frustrated that their primary reasons for war are being ignored. :pac:
    Really pissed that their reasons for killing us aint good enough . The virtue signallers have to get in there with better ones :eek: Its just not good enough to be a crazy islamic nutter :eek:

Really pissed that their reasons for killing us aint good enough . The virtue signallers have to get in there with better ones :eek: Its just not good enough to be a crazy islamic nutter :eek:

To be fair, if we went back a few hundred years, Europeans would be hellbent on killing all Muslims who didn't swear to the True Faith. Hence the crusades, the expulsions and various inquisitions. But we moved on. Many of those who follow Islam have regressed.

The virtue signallers simply can't accept that there's no peaceful ending of this situation... because there isn't. Islamic law states the possibility of ceasefires with an enemy but only to build up strength for another attack. It's more short sighted attitudes and an unwillingness to accept reality by our virtue muppets and liberals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

To be fair, if we went back a few hundred years, Europeans would be hellbent on killing all Muslims who didn't swear to the True Faith. Hence the crusades, the expulsions and various inquisitions. But we moved on. Many of those who follow Islam have regressed.

The virtue signallers simply can't accept that there's no peaceful ending of this situation... because there isn't. Islamic law states the possibility of ceasefires with an enemy but only to build up strength for another attack. It's more short sighted attitudes and an unwillingness to accept reality by our virtue muppets and liberals.

You really should educate yourself. The Crusades were a response to the Muslim threat. As for the ''True Faith'', England was tearing itself apart over religion and many Europeans fled to America where they then proceeded to slaughter the indigenous people in a land grab. Some people never learn that importing millions of people whose beliefs and ideologies are at polar opposites with their own is an extremely bad idea. Native American culture was almost eradicated and the same is true of the native Australian people.

So I shall repeat the question, this time in a more simpler format.

Are they worse than us because they do kill and want to kill us, or are we worse than them for doing exactly the same to other people’s of the world (admittedly in the past), and the state we have put the world in today which will perhaps kill billions more

• Advertisement

No they won't have every right to hate and bomb "us".
    It’s us that should be wiped of the planet, not small fry isis. No matter how many people you exploit and kill it will never do the damage that we have done.
    "Us"? "We"? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

So I shall repeat the question, this time in a more simpler format.

Are they worse than us because they do kill and want to kill us, or are we worse than them for doing exactly the same to other people’s of the world (admittedly in the past), and the state we have put the world in today which will perhaps kill billions more
    What's with all this "we" talk? What countries did Ireland invade and plunder in the past? "We" are not responsible for what the British empire (or any other empire) did.

And yes, ISIS are worse than us because of the fcuked up things they do. How many gays have Irish people thrown off buildings? What is going on in your mind that you are conflating the atrocities committed by ISIS, with the possible effects of global warming in the future?

They're not worse than this vague "us" even though they rape and torture and murder.

Edgy.

You really should educate yourself. The Crusades were a response to the Muslim threat. As for the ''True Faith'', England was tearing itself apart over religion and many Europeans fled to America where they then proceeded to slaughter the indigenous people in a land grab. Some people never learn that importing millions of people whose beliefs and ideologies are at polar opposites with their own is an extremely bad idea. Native American culture was almost eradicated and the same is true of the native Australian people.
    The Native Americans and the Australian Aboriginals would have been much better giving the tourists a good flaking and sending them on their way .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The Native Americans and the Australian Aboriginals would have been much better giving the tourists a good flaking and sending them on their way .
    They didn't have guns though.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    They didn't have guns though.
    They were too busy being all green and saving the Planet when they should have been developing great big guns . There is a history lesson there for all to see .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

They were too busy being all green and saving the Planet when they should have been developing great big guns . There is a history lesson there for all to see .

You ever read the book "Gun, Germs and Steel"? It tells why certain countries are developed today and why others are, to put it frankly, ****holes.

Ingenuity is what drove Europeans, Asians, and Greeks to build civilisations. Africans didn't need much with nature taking care of things so they never needed to build guns, metal weapons etc...

And Native Americans weren't "tree hugging hippies" as some historians portray them to be. They were actually more ruthless than Europeans. The conquistadors were shocked when they arrived in Mexico to find enemy tribes being tortured and sacrificed.

In fact, the reason why Native Americans were beaten was not their fighting abilities but disease. Had it not been for smallpox/the flu, the first pilgrims in North America and conquistadors in South America would have been completely ****ed. They weren't unfamiliar with the terrain of the region. Don't forget, colonists in Virginia almost froze to death in the winter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

whats the actual point of this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You ever read the book "Gun, Germs and Steel"? It tells why certain countries are developed today and why others are, to put it frankly, ****holes.

Ingenuity is what drove Europeans, Asians, and Greeks to build civilisations. Africans didn't need much with nature taking care of things so they never needed to build guns, metal weapons etc...

And Native Americans weren't "tree hugging hippies" as some historians portray them to be. They were actually more ruthless than Europeans. The conquistadors were shocked when they arrived in Mexico to find enemy tribes being tortured and sacrificed.

In fact, the reason why Native Americans were beaten was not their fighting abilities but disease. Had it not been for smallpox/the flu, the first pilgrims in North America and conquistadors in South America would have been completely ****ed. They weren't unfamiliar with the terrain of the region. Don't forget, colonists in Virginia almost froze to death in the winter.

I have read it and, besides Jared Diamond having an agenda, you have misinterpreted much of it. Read Prisoners of Geography (Tim Marshall) for a truer picture on development in Africa.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'd say the oil industry and the burning/manufacture of oil related products is a huge contributor to global warming.

Remind me again what part of the world ISIS come from?

They come from some of the lands the oil is being taken from, trillions of dollars going in foreign business barrens pockets while sometimes just less than a mile away, thousands starve.

If the country’s it is being taken from were to profit from the vast amount of oil being sucked from deep underground beneath them, they may have had the money to afford a stable Government and an army. Isis May never have existed

Advertisement