Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Sterling is going to turn a corner soon and everyone will be scrambling to get him in :cool:

I honestly thought you were taking the p1ss :cool:

I mean mahrez has less than 20mins game time in 11 matches and has 5pts less than sterling who's missed 3 games :confused:

4 goals in 1 assist in his last 14 games as it stands....that's a long
    corner right there, who's really gonna wait for him to turn that corner in fairness?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sterling is going to turn a corner soon and everyone will be scrambling to get him in :cool:

Not if they're laden with the KDB and Agueros of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am messing around and keep ending up with loads in the bank cos the best midfield options are all so very cheap......and I refuse to buy Auba.
    Never again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

His first half against Sheffield United this week was abysmal, he gave the ball away so many times with miss hit passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

km79 wrote: »
    I am messing around and keep ending up with loads in the bank cos the best midfield options are all so very cheap......and I refuse to buy Auba.
    Never again

I believe we were in his misery of Auba ownership at the same time. I however feel able to forgive & hope he can deliver some goods for 3/4 gameweeks.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    I believe we were in his misery of Auba ownership at the same time. I however feel able to forgive & hope he can deliver some goods for 3/4 gameweeks.

I have been in the misery of his ownership the 3 times I have owned him
    He is uncaptainable

Having looked at my WC team and the team is field next week I think I’ll wait a week. Was only a few changes for next week
    A lot of teams then have 3 lovely games in 4
    I’ll wait until I get definite news on mane anyway
    And maybe Vardy

It would allow me to make one fun transfer next week if I want
    Not sure who it would be though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Currently on
    Henderson McCarthy
    Taa digne lundstram catchcart taylor(burnley)
    salah kdb grealish traore fleck
    aguero firmino ings

Would be playing BB in GW 26. Aguero in for 2 gws as Id captain him for the West ham game. Digne is in because I played him on BB in a SGW last year and he got me 15 points he would be a fun player to own that GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is Firmino consistent enough to warrant a spot?

dahat wrote: »
    Is Firmino consistent enough to warrant a spot?

Ideally he would be auba and I can find a way to get Gomez

I may as well crack on with WC this coming gameweek. League leader has gone 40 points clear and third has caught up ferocious ground on me in the last few weeks and is just a point behind.

• Advertisement

I just sold lundstram on my wildcard by mistake as I was messing around with my team. Will cost me .5 extra to get him back If I want him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I just sold lundstram on my wildcard by mistake as I was messing around with my team. Will cost me .5 extra to get him back If I want him.
    Oh Lord

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

manual_man wrote: »
    Oh Lord

Conunstram

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Could be a blessing in the skies

I want to BB in Gw 26 and Im a bit worried about him losing his place but hadnt made a final decision on it. This mistake may have forced my hand.

I want to BB in Gw 26 and Im a bit worried about him losing his place but hadnt made a final decision on it. This mistake may have forced my hand.

I am too
    It’s another reason I held WC for another week or two
    He hasn’t been great last two games
    And then Besic comes in and scores
    Not ideal !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'd get the 1 or both wing backs if I was you. Same price and they have similar attacking threat with no rotation risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'd get the 1 or both wing backs if I was you. Same price and they have similar attacking threat with no rotation risk.

Sheff U have signed former Liverpool player Jack Robinson from Championship promotion chasing side Notts Forest.

2nd youngest player ever to play for Liverpool. Remember him coming through & he was very exciting but got crocked for a few years. Coming back up the ranks now and interesting to splash in January as oppose to wait for summer.

Stevens might be at risk for rotation.

Dearg81 wrote: »

Ye Im on baldock will probably have henderson aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Ye Im on baldock will probably have henderson aswell.

FFScout have a timely article on SHU defence and defenders. (Very detailed and usually restricted to members) Might make you consider a .5M cheaper alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Anyone going triple pool defence given their fixtures?

With the Villa sheff utd blank Ive changed my wildcard team.
    Henderson Mccarthy
    taa Robertson digne Baldock Charlie taylor
    salah kdb grealish traore Mooy
    auba jiiminez ings.
    Plan to BB in gw 26

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

markc91 wrote: »
    Messing around with my wildcard here not activated yet as still dont know if I'll use it but heres what I was looking at doing.

Current team
    Guaita (Button)
    TAA Rico Robbo Soy Lund
    Kdb Zaha Noble Mane Sarr
    Greenwood Jesus Abraham

Wildcard team
    Henderson Button
    TAA Rico Sidibie Stephens Lund
    Kdb Salah Grealish Sarr Hayden
    Ings Aguero Jimi

Team one or two? Appreciate any thoughts

Wildcard Activated
    Team two it is :D

Wildcard Activated
    Team two it is :D

Team 2 leaves you with no keeper for 28 and more than likely 5 players with no game

km79 wrote: »
    Team 2 leaves you with no keeper for 28 and more than likely 5 players with no game

Not what i wanted to hear :eek: is that spreadsheet still going around from last year where you could enter your team and it would tell you what weeks they blank or have DGW's?

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Looking for thoughts:

a) Alexander Arnold and Vardy
    b) Gomez and Aguero

Already have Van Dijk

Messing around with my wildcard here not activated yet as still dont know if I'll use it but heres what I was looking at doing.

Current team
    Guaita (Button)
    TAA Rico Robbo Soy Lund
    Kdb Zaha Noble Mane Sarr
    Greenwood Jesus Abraham

Wildcard team
    Henderson Button
    TAA Rico Sidibie Stephens Lund
    Kdb Salah Grealish Sarr Hayden
    Ings Aguero Jimi

Team one or two? Appreciate any thoughts

Wildcarding gives me palpitations :pac:

currently now looking at

Henderson (Button)
    TAA VVD Lundstram Rose (Williams)
    Salah Almiron KDB (Hayden,Traore)
    Auba DCL Jimi

Triple newcastle is scaring me but run looks good and means with a free transfer i can get keeper in for BGW 28 and bench Lord, KDB & Auba or is that too much money on the bench for a GW? Plan on getting Ings in for DCL next week

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wildcarding gives me palpitations :pac:

currently now looking at

Henderson (Button)
    TAA VVD Lundstram Rose (Williams)
    Salah Almiron KDB (Hayden,Traore)
    Auba DCL Jimi

Triple newcastle is scaring me but run looks good and means with a free transfer i can get keeper in for BGW 28 and bench Lord, KDB & Auba or is that too much money on the bench for a GW? Plan on getting Ings in for DCL next week

Have you money left in the bank? Don't see the point of wasting a ft getting a keeper in a few weeks when you can just do it now. McCarthy is cheap and plays in 28. I'd be selling the Lord if I was wildcarding. Straight swap to Stevens or a downgrade to Egan if you got him at 4m.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

My team had Kelly, Rico, Lundstram, Mane, Haller, Vardy shaped question marks, so I pulled the trigger on a WC. Also lining up for a potential BB next week

Henderson McCarthy
    TAA Gomez Baldock Cathcart Stephens
    Salah KDB Traore Cantwell Hayden
    Aguero Vardy Ings

Close to getting Auba in aswell, but I will be left very short for GW28. Aguero in for a two week short fling

EDIT: Can do Auba & Egan instead of Vardy & Baldock. That's highly tempting

Could then do Aguero -> Jiminez GW27, and Auba -> Vardy GW28, to get me back in shape for the blanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

ScummyMan wrote: »
    My team had Kelly, Rico, Lundstram, Mane, Haller, Vardy shaped question marks, so I pulled the trigger on a WC. Also lining up for a potential BB next week

Henderson McCarthy
    TAA Gomez Baldock Cathcart Stephens
    Salah KDB Traore Cantwell Hayden
    Aguero Vardy Ings

Close to getting Auba in aswell, but I will be left very short for GW28. Aguero in for a two week short fling

EDIT: Can do Auba & Egan instead of Vardy & Baldock. That's highly tempting

Could then do Aguero -> Jiminez GW27, and Auba -> Vardy GW28, to get me back in shape for the blanks

Wouldn't be a huge fan of Cantwell and Hayden on a bb and definitely not next week looking at the fixtures. Think I'd prefer Lascelles to Cathcart, cheaper and better fixtures, also has Burnley at home in 28 when Cathcart has Liverpool.

Advertisement