Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

I'll investigate that tomorrow. Any idea how much the maps cost?

Think I saw 5 for something and forty more for everything, somewhere in boards recently, if that makes sense.

If your uncle has a claim on commanage it might be listed on his own deeds.

I would guess that the owner went to America years ago and was never heard of since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

€25 I think. It's around that anyway.

I think its 20 quid for the folio and 20 more for the map printed and posted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

ganmo wrote: »
    I think its 20 quid for the folio and 20 more for the map printed and posted

You can get the folio number online and then you have to use that on landdirect or can call in to their offices.

It's not major anyway. I was nearly going through all that last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,524 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Both schools had a list of work out this morning before 9:30

Secondary school have an online platform to upload work and teachers correct it there.

National school have a class specific email address for work to be returned to and it’s corrected and feeedback given.

We’d be happy to finish out the school year working like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Signed up to new scheme
    Has anyone received the sample containers for faecal sampling yet?
    Generally get it done through vet before dosing,
    Afraid it wouldn’t be accepted by scheme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Would anyone have an old chain harrow knocking around?. Want to gunter one for paddocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Good loser wrote: »
    Why in God's name are FF/FG proposing that? It's more like a SF/PBP policy.

Would be pretty sure a referendum like that would be lost.

The free market is the best judge of what market value is for land - and most other things for that matter. If buyer and seller agree on a price as happens in every transaction that should determine the matter. Otherwise the cap is only transferring value from the seller to the buyer and why should the State favour one over the other?

This is some joke

But i wouldn't be so sure it would be defeated in a referendum. You can be damn sure that everybody would be saying this would see the end to the "housing crisis" as land could be bought cheaper and houses therefore cheaper etc etc.

I think it would pass

this ducking "housing crisis" is the greatest con job ever in the history of Ireland - there isn't a housing crisis. What you have is a cohort of people who are demanding free housing of the highest standard in the exact areas they want. And they want someone else to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Odelay

Good loser wrote: »
    Why in God's name are FF/FG proposing that? It's more like a SF/PBP policy.

Would be pretty sure a referendum like that would be lost.

The free market is the best judge of what market value is for land - and most other things for that matter. If buyer and seller agree on a price as happens in every transaction that should determine the matter. Otherwise the cap is only transferring value from the seller to the buyer and why should the State favour one over the other?

I think it would win in a referendum. Far more individuals looking to buy/get a free house than landowners.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Government have proposed some equally astonishing things.
    Before the election FG were proposing to pass into law that all abuse case files be closed and locked for 70 years....
    From any position, legally, morally, or from any humanitarian aspect, that stinks to high heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Anyone ever use Hurler spray on docks? Bought some as the place is infested with the ****ers this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

I know this has been done before, but I feeling awful stupid this afternoon. I've uploaded a couple of pics from my phone of my pet goat and got them as far as the desktop but how do I get them as far as putting them where ye can see them? We have had such entertainment from her these past few weeks. She has made lock-down more bearable for my girls. She is about 6 weeks old and doing mighty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

KatyMac wrote: »
    I know this has been done before, but I feeling awful stupid this afternoon. I've uploaded a couple of pics from my phone of my pet goat and got them as far as the desktop but how do I get them as far as putting them where ye can see them? We have had such entertainment from her these past few weeks. She has made lock-down more bearable for my girls. She is about 6 weeks old and doing mighty.

Use 'Post Reply' (bottom left of page) rather than Quick Reply. Then scroll down on the new page to 'Manage Attachments' and follow your nose...

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Bull calves export and being killed was just discussed on Moncrief Radio programme. Some one from " Ethical farming Ireland' with an English accent being interviewed

Claimed staff at lairages at EU ports still mistreating animals as was reported by the usual groups and that the Dept of Ag reassurances have supposedly not made any differences

That allegedly 1000s were been killed purely due to Covid and that exports were a huge risk with lorries and whatnot going in and out of the country. Veal demand across the EU down.

Also hilariously claim we'ed all starved if we couldn't get supplies of all the imported fruit and veg. Oh and funnily enough that we should increase horticultural production and 'plant based diets'

Balanced discussion it was not.

_Brian wrote: »

Secondary school have an online platform to upload work and teachers correct it there.

National school have a class specific email address for work to be returned to and it’s corrected and feeedback given.

I have my little lad now full time as its better for him to be out here than stuck in a town. I would have rathered the school stuff be sent last night so i could print it and have ready for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

when applying for a flock number do the department inspect at the moment or whats the story around covid 19?.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Odelay

blue5000 wrote: »
    Well that's fracking fcuked anyway:D.

Next problem is demand is so slack they won't physically be able to store what's above ground

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/20/838521862/free-falling-oil-prices-keep-diving-as-demand-disappears?t=1587401533394

True. I've heard some industries cannot enough green diesel because the big storage depots are full of aviation fuel, and had to take in the fuel in transit on ships. That had to go into stores normally used for green.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Filling the tanks at home tomorrow. 1:03 for road diesel for the car, and I think 47c for the tractor stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,232 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Brian, I see yesterday that only one third of UK children have engaged in any online schooling, provided by teachers. We value education fairly highly.
    But some families in Ireland too not engaging.

How do I buy this?

There will be plenty of opportunities to make a killing in stocks and shares and housing in the near future for those with access to money.

Every crisis brings opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Would anyone have an old chain harrow knocking around?. Want to gunter one for paddocks.

Have one hanging up here. Can take photos if that’s what you’re after??

There will be plenty of opportunities to make a killing in stocks and shares and housing in the near future for those with access to money.

Every crisis brings opportunity.

Housing will be a dead duck for a while.
    Same with horses and such.

Anything that's lost value quickly already with this Covid and looks to have hit rock bottom is where to go.

TheFarrier wrote: »
    Have one hanging up here. Can take photos if that’s what you’re after??

Neighbour is going to do it for me and roll it aswell so im grand for the moment. If you could take some pics whenever you get a chance id be grateful tho

Housing will be a dead duck for a while.
    Same with horses and such.

Anything that's lost value quickly already with this Covid and looks to have hit rock bottom is where to go.

I wonder is it, though?

We will still need in excess of 25k housing units every year and I'm wondering if the Government that's coming in will be looking at a huge investment in building social housing, some of it on lands bought under the proposed capped prices, to kick start the economy. Some apartments and a lot of estates all over Dublin, with a few dozen schemes thrown out to the rest of the country. Killing 3 birds with one stone, boosting the economy, providing housing and reducing the housing lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,277 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Had a lad here for calves this evening. He comes every year for 6. I was asking him how many years is he buying from me. 15 he said. :eek: he come from north county Dublin to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

_Brian wrote: »

Likewise here Brian.
    Home Ec. Project for today was to make a sponge cake, and photograph the stages.
    I got a text to bring cream, raspberries and strawberries home.
    Completed cake photographed and emailed to the teacher..
    Having a piece now, and it's not bad at all!

I have my little lad now full time as its better for him to be out here than stuck in a town. I would have rathered the school stuff be sent last night so i could print it and have ready for him.

Ah but that wouldn't have been during school hours

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Likewise here Brian.
    Home Ec. Project for today was to make a sponge cake, and photograph the stages.
    I got a text to bring cream, raspberries and strawberries home.
    Completed cake photographed and emailed to the teacher..
    Having a piece now, and it's not bad at all!

Daughter has to make shortbread. She was working today and brought in the cows for me when she got home. There was a project to be in by 3pm and she didn't see the emails until 4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement