Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Sterling down....Brexit is soooo annoying :p

I'm guessing people are getting rid of Sterling for a hit to get Aguero in? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Sterling down....Brexit is soooo annoying :p

I'm guessing people are getting rid of Sterling for a hit to get Aguero in? :confused:

People are fickle and can't handle a couple of games with no points.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up:

giphy.gif

Agüero

Down:

giphy.gif

Batshuayi, Pogba, Laporte, Ward, Wood, Zouma, Sidibé, Wijnaldum, Snodgrass, McArthur, Dann, Vrančić, Jagielka, Amartey, Lonergan, Klose

Up:

818fe6930fe785a8a79f19b02101ccb6.png

H. Wilson, De Bruyne, Abraham, Cantwell

Down:

39c0a8592bdf67ff19894cd807b76b31.jpg

Roberto, Lacazette, Murray, Origi, M. Aarons, Mariappa, N. Mendy, Ruddy, Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Up :

5kkelNph.png

GXbank4h.png

Otamendi

Down:

NA8fUVrh.png

Freeman
    Moutinho
    Haller
    Ings
    Muto
    Sterling.... Again :rolleyes:
    Albrighton
    Gomes (Everton)
    Mina
    Barkley
    Giroud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Starting to hate Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Starting to hate Sterling
    If you get rid, you will hate him even more when he inevitably explodes in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Up:
    John Lundstram
    Serge Aurier

Down:
    Cenk Tosun
    David Luiz Moreira Marinho
    Pulisic
    Manuel Lanzini
    Oleksandr Zinchenko
    Sung-yueng Ki
    Billy Sharp
    Luke Freeman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    If you get rid, you will hate him even more when he inevitably explodes in the next couple of weeks.

He’s a very pricey player to have on the basis that he will inevitably explode. Can’t blame people for seeing better value elsewhere in that City team. At that price you’d be looking for the kind of consistency you get from Salah or Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

remoteboy wrote: »
    He’s a very pricey player to have on the basis that he will inevitably explode. Can’t blame people for seeing better value elsewhere in that City team. At that price you’d be looking for the kind of consistency you get from Salah or Aguero.

This is illogical. It isn't just a potential high scorer like Pepe or Lamela we're talking about here. Sterling will very likely score 200+ points again this season.

He outscored Aguero the last two seasons; two blanks and a Pep roulette for an 8-0 win doesn't change that.

Edit: Actually, ignore me: sell, sell, sell!

• Advertisement

If he had played against Watford he probably would have gotten double figures points and nobody would be questioning his consistency. Wanna talk about consistency, Sterling is consistently City's top point scorer at the end of the season. He was rested, others will be too soon, that's what Pep does.

If he had played against Watford he probably would have gotten double figures points and nobody would be questioning his consistency. Wanna talk about consistency, Sterling is consistently City's top point scorer at the end of the season. He was rested, others will be too soon, that's what Pep does.

Fair point but no returns for two previous weeks either and only been involved in two goals (plus no assists) from their last nineteen goals, so it’s not people selling off the back of one disappointing week. There’s a lot of value in the City midfield this year with KDB back on form and Bernardo coming to the fore. There’s a limited number of goals / assists to be scored and my gut is they’ll be spread out a bit more this year.

From my own perspective I’d be reticent to give him the armband in any given week and that’s not a great situation for a player costing over 12m.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tosun has been in FPL about 18 months.

2016/17 - 2 Rises, 10 drops
    2108/19 - 0 Rises, 6 drops
    2019/20 - 0 rises, 3 drops

Total 2 Rises, 19 drops. Gone from introductory price of £7.5m to current price of £5.7m

Fair point but no returns for two previous weeks either and only been involved in two goals (plus no assists) from their last nineteen goals, so it’s not people selling off the back of one disappointing week. There’s a lot of value in the City midfield this year with KDB back on form and Bernardo coming to the fore. There’s a limited number of goals / assists to be scored and my gut is they’ll be spread out a bit more this year.

From my own perspective I’d be reticent to give him the armband in any given week and that’s not a great situation for a player costing over 12m.
    That is an intentionally misleading stat, he wasn't on the pitch for 8 of those goals. He has 5 of their 16 goals when he has been on the pitch, almost a third. Bilva had 1 in 4 games before the weekend, even that is above his usual output.

I can't take the "reticent to give him the armband" comment seriously. Does thessame apply to Salah if he doesn't score against SU? Would you honestly give it to Bilva or Dilva, both of whom will be rested in the coming weeks like Sterling was, first? Aguero seriously disappointed, not even getting to double figures against the worst team in the league when City ran riot. Sterling is a great captain as if he gets rested he generally stays on the bench meaning you get your vc instead of a 1 pointer.

That is an intentionally misleading stat, he wasn't on the pitch for 8 of those goals. He has 5 of their 16 goals when he has been on the pitch, almost a third. Bilva had 1 in 4 games before the weekend, even that is above his usual output.

I can't take the "reticent to give him the armband" comment seriously. Does thessame apply to Salah if he doesn't score against SU? Would you honestly give it to Bilva or Dilva, both of whom will be rested in the coming weeks like Sterling was, first? Aguero seriously disappointed, not even getting to double figures against the worst team in the league when City ran riot. Sterling is a great captain as if he gets rested he generally stays on the bench meaning you get your vc instead of a 1 pointer.

Can’t understand the aggression here. I’m not looking for a fight, simply trying to say that it is not illogical or shortsighted for people to sell him. I can see where they’re coming from. Their decision may be proven wrong in the long term but that’s the nature of the game.

MCan’t understand the aggression here. I’m not looking for a fight, simply trying to say that it is not illogical or shortsighted for people to sell him. I can see where they’re coming from. Their decision may be proven wrong in the long term but that’s the nature of the game.
    What aggression? I pointed out that the stat you presented was misleading, which it is. I genuinely can't take the "reticent to give him the armband" comment seriously. He is one of the consistently highest scoring players in the game but hasn't scored in two matches, everyone will have such a "dry spell" throughout the season (not that is is really dry at all).

Up:

giphy.gif

Son

Down:

d849d7c59e85e8bc7102668476ee9e5a.png

Milivojević, Digne, Rashford, S. Duffy, Lascelles, Doucouré, Holebas, Valery, Foden, J. McCarthy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,529 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Abraham, mount, mcginn up

Greenwood, Barnes, elneny down

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Greenwood down when he is knocking on the door of a start is interesting......anyone wildcarding and going 352 has a saving of .1
    Assuming they seen it coming of course !

I'm annoyed about Barnes, when I checked fplstats last night it said he was 10,000 transfers away from a drop. Was thinking about getting rid of him but have lost my profit now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

KevIRL wrote: »
    Abraham, mount, mcginn up

Greenwood, Barnes, elneny down

Barnes 20 pointer incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

On WC, nice to get a rise from Abraham. Badly need Dendoncker or Sterling to drop now before Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

#FPL Overnight Rises:
    Firmino (£9.6M)
    Bernardo Silva (£7.9M)
    David Silva (£7.6M)

#FPL Overnight Fallers:
    Fraser (£7.2M)
    Gomez (£5.2M)
    Henderson (£5.4M)
    Walker-Peters (£4.8M)
    Fornals (£6.1M)
    Cutrone (£5.7M)
    Praet (£5.3M)
    Begovic (£4.3M)
    Ampadu (£4.4M)
    Hoedt (£4.3M)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

sheroman01 wrote: »
    On WC, nice to get a rise from Abraham. Badly need Dendoncker or Sterling to drop now before Saturday morning.

They're at -97 and -89 now. If I chose to keep them on WC it'll be so annoying when they eventually drop over the weekend. I 'may' go without Sterling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

sheroman01 wrote: »
    They're at -97 and -89 now. If I chose to keep them on WC it'll be so annoying when they eventually drop over the weekend. I 'may' go without Sterling though.

Dondoncker has been at 99% at various times this week. Despite continuing to be transferred out he gets further away from a drop each day.

People transferring Fornals out just as he takes over for a couple weeks from Lanzini.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

dsmythy wrote: »
    People transferring Fornals out just as he takes over for a couple weeks from Lanzini.

Manuel Pellegrini on Lanzini: "Manuel, he returned to work with the team the last two or three days. He has no pain in his feet. He doesn't have any problems. He's in the squad list."

As a Haller owner I'm hoping Lanzini starts.

ElTel wrote: »
    Manuel Pellegrini on Lanzini: "Manuel, he returned to work with the team the last two or three days. He has no pain in his feet. He doesn't have any problems. He's in the squad list."

As a Haller owner I'm hoping Lanzini starts.

I own him. Was about to be rid. Hadn't got around to pressers. Back to pondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Risers:

DQSqdsrh.png

Alexander Arnold
    Pukki
    Tomori

Fallers :

tGpXnprh.png

Gundogan
    Jiminez
    Bennett
    Sarr