Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

And right on cue, it's Mike Bloomberg. The moderate Messiah, or just a very naughty OAP? Whatever happens, looks like America is destined to elect a geriatric POTUS

I thought he'd come and gone already?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Probably thinking of deBlasio

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/07/politics/michael-bloomberg-alabama-2020-primary/index.html
    Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, after saying in March that he wouldn't run for president, is backtracking and preparing a potential run for a 2020 bid, a spokesman for the billionaire tells CNN.
    The adviser said the thinking inside the Bloomberg camp is that current polls don't account for the fact that moderates will turn out in greater numbers for a candidate they're excited about
    mm, bordering on an oxymoron there...:P

He must be giving out free drugs to the excited, can't think of anyone less exciting...well maybe Warren.

I'm sure his opinion is respected by some people in economic circles but definitely can't see him pulling any weight.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    I'm sure his opinion is respected by some people in economic circles but definitely can't see him pulling any weight.

I think the Dems have had enough of the gazillionaire class.

Despite her protestations Michelle Obama fits the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

And right on cue, it's Mike Bloomberg. The moderate Messiah, or just a very naughty OAP? Whatever happens, looks like America is destined to elect a geriatric POTUS
    That's what's running the place! The median age of US presidents is 55 anyway and Trump is the oldest one to take office. For every Kennedy, Obama or Teddy Roosevelt, there's an Eisenhower, Ford or Reagan. Apart from that most of the young 'uns aren't up to much!

Bloomberg has privately expressed concerns about the strength of the 2020 field

This sort of thing always amuses me, like, as if he cares:p What he's actually expressing is excitement at the perceived weakness of the field, cos (he thinks) it means he might a shot at his White House dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,827 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If Biden were to run for the office and be successful, he would be 81 on exiting the office. I think he needed to cop on a long time ago and recognize this. What fûcking 81 year old could work that sort of grueling schedule with the responsibilities, the worries, the stress, the effect all that is going to have on his family to boot.... you’d have to wonder, was it just some ‘lifetime ambition’ type deal that he wanted to achieve and see through and that ‘dog with a bone’ mentality is not allowing him to see common sense ? Seems like a very likable guy, and the desire to continue to work for his fellow Americans is to be admired but... I’d be saying...

”Joe, might be a good time to enjoy your family, you’ve already worked Trojan hard and made seriously great contributions to your country and it’s people, time to sit back, enjoy life with your family, contribute to their enjoyment and yours.”

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    If Biden were to run for the office and be successful, he would be 81 on exiting the office. I think he needed to cop on a long time ago and recognize this. What fûcking 81 year old could work that sort of grueling schedule with the responsibilities, the worries, the stress, the effect all that is going to have on his family to boot.... you’d have to wonder, was it just some ‘lifetime ambition’ type deal that he wanted to achieve and see through and that ‘dog with a bone’ mentality is not allowing him to see common sense ? Seems like a very likable guy, and the desire to continue to work for his fellow Americans is to be admired but... I’d be saying...

”Joe, might be a good time to enjoy your family, you’ve already worked Trojan hard and made seriously great contributions to your country and it’s people, time to sit back, enjoy life with your family, contribute to their enjoyment and yours.”

Great contributions to his pocket you mean.

Trump would be 78 if he served 8 years. Reagan was as old as Trump is now when he was elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,827 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Great contributions to his pocket you mean.

I wouldn’t imagine that could be a motive. It’s not like after 81 he’s going to be around a lot of years to spend it and he’s a millionaire already.

What fûcking 81 year old could work that sort of grueling schedule with the responsibilities, the worries, the stress, the effect all that is going to have on his family to boot

Reagan managed all of that while in the early stages of Alzheimer's. Of course that might have actually eased the stress...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I honestly can't see any of the current lot beating Trump except Tulsi Gabbard
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    The Democrats have one of the best candidates in Tulsi Gabbard

QFT, Tulsi is a great candidate and she appears to be the sanest one they have to offer..
    I think she'd make a great president.

She does appear genuine. I worry about her belonging to the CFR and there is a photo of her making an apparent Masonic hand gesture. I have since found out it is an Hawaiian symbol.
    I will forgive the CFR thing, for now.
    She has called for the release of the documents withheld on 9/11 which many think refer to Saudi Arabia, I think it will implicate others. This, although only recently known, has really cooked her goose as far as the nomination goes I think.
    She's also getting not getting much exposure, excepting her great performance on 'The View', she is finding it hard to get on the MSM and therefore to a wider America.
    She is a shining example of what the Democrats used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

biko wrote: »
    QFT, Tulsi is a great candidate and she appears to be the sanest one they have to offer..
    I think she'd make a great president.

There is tons of questions being asked about her. Ties to Russia and an attempt to split the dem vote.

Mayor Pete is my guy. Tells it as it is with no Bull****.

Joe Biden just tells outlandish lies.
    No wonder a priest refused him communion.
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/he-went-to-the-press-about-it-biden-on-the-priest-who-denied-him-communion

In this interview he expects you to believe that he didn't know his son was on the board of Burisma at all.
    Par for the course with the Dems I suppose.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/11/02/joe_biden_on_hunter_i_didnt_know_he_was_on_the_board_of_that_company.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

prinzeugen wrote: »
    There is tons of questions being asked about her. Ties to Russia and an attempt to split the dem vote.

Mayor Pete is my guy. Tells it as it is with no Bull****.

When the US media are accusing someone of ties to Russia it just screams smear campaign to me. Alot of potential exposure people might not want in those 9/11 docs

Joe Biden just tells outlandish lies.
    No wonder a priest refused him communion.
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/he-went-to-the-press-about-it-biden-on-the-priest-who-denied-him-communion

In this interview he expects you to believe that he didn't know his son was on the board of Burisma at all.
    Par for the course with the Dems I suppose.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/11/02/joe_biden_on_hunter_i_didnt_know_he_was_on_the_board_of_that_company.html

You have proof he did know Hunter was joining the board of Burisma?

Per the video what did the Bidens do that was wrong?

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    You have proof he did know Hunter was joining the board of Burisma?

Per the video what did the Bidens do that was wrong?

Here's a photo claimed to be from 2104 the year that Hunter joined Burisma. It shows that Joe knew Devon Archer of Burisma.
    That's enough for me.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-03-at-10-04-57-AM-copy.jpg

As to your second question, I've only claimed that Joe lied.

Here's a photo claimed to be from 2104 the year that Hunter joined Burisma. It shows that Joe knew Devon Archer of Burisma.
    That's enough for me.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-03-at-10-04-57-AM-copy.jpg

As to your second question, I've only claimed that Joe lied.

Lying isn’t criminal. But this photo doesn’t establish when Joe knew or indeed when, and it’s given that the question he was answering related to whether he would have advised his son to join the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So Shifty Schiff will not allow Republicans to have Joe Biden and his son Hunter testify in the impeachment hearings. I guess we just don’t need to get to the bottom of the quid pro Joe or his son’s corruption involving Ukraine. Truth! We don’t need no stinkin’ truth… because Orange Man Bad.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    So Shifty Schiff will not allow Republicans to have Joe Biden and his son Hunter testify in the impeachment hearings. I guess we just don’t need to get to the bottom of the quid pro Joe or his son’s corruption involving Ukraine. Truth! We don’t need no stinkin’ truth… because Orange Man Bad.

Here’s the bottom of it you’re welcome

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/10/us/politics/joe-biden-ukraine.html

Neither Hunter nor Joe can speak to why Trump violated federal campaign law, or why his private attorneys pressured Ukrainian officials for the personal benefit of the President (their words) not the policy of the United States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Have you passed this evidence over to the Space Patrol? :):)

Have you passed this evidence over to the Space Patrol? :):)
    Shiff For Brains is already aware that Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko was given a list of "people whom we should not prosecute" from US Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, during one of their meetings. But Shiff will not allow any testimony to back up Trump’s assertion that something has been rotten in the state of Ukraine.

Anybody ever find out about that $37 billion in aid from the US to Ukraine that went missing?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shiff For Brains is already aware that Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko was given a list of "people whom we should not prosecute" from US Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, during one of their meetings. But Shiff will not allow any testimony to back up Trump’s assertion that something has been rotten in the state of Ukraine.

Anybody ever find out about that $37 billion in aid from the US to Ukraine that went missing?

So none. Fair enough.

So none. Fair enough.
    And now Ukraine plans to fire the prosecutor who led investigations into the firm where Joe Biden’s son served on the board. Kostiantyn Kulyk compiled a seven-page dossier on the business activities of Hunter Biden in Ukraine and met with Rudy Giuliani to discuss accusations against the Bidens. Looks like Ukrainian officials are covering their tracks in case Trump doesn’t win reelection. But none of this is worthy of any investigation I guess because it would justify the Orange Overlords request Ukraine look into possible corruption by some of our US officials and their family members.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-prosecutor-excl/exclusive-ukraine-to-fire-prosecutor-who-discussed-bidens-with-giuliani-source-idUSKBN1XE20C?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

"The source said a decision had been taken to fire Kulyk for failing to show up for an exam that all employees of the General Prosecutor’s Office have been ordered to pass to keep their jobs during a clean-up of the prosecution service.

Prosecutor General Ruslan Ryaboshapka has already fired more than 400 prosecutors, or around a third of all staff.

Some prosecutors have told Reuters that many of those sacked had refused to sit the exam in protest at what they see as a purge designed to cement new President Volodymyr Zelenskiy’s political control of the service.

Zelenskiy has said the overhaul is essential because the office is widely distrusted by Ukrainians and had been seen as a political tool for the well-connected to punish their enemies.

Trump discussed investigating the Bidens during a July 25 phone call with Zelenskiy. Trump’s Democratic opponents have launched impeachment proceedings, arguing that Trump abused power to press Ukraine to hurt a political foe. Trump calls the investigation a witch hunt and denies wrongdoing.

Reuters was unable to reach Kulyk for comment. He was not present at a home address where Reuters has spoken to him in the past.

Kulyk did not show up for the mandatory exam, which was imposed last month, the source said.

He also did not file an official justification for missing it, as other prosecutors have done, and will consequently be dismissed, the source said. His dismissal will take place by Dec. 31, if not earlier."

What is it you people say: a nothing burger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Why would they?
    It's just another distraction technique by the GOP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement