Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Reisers wrote: »
    Disagree with all the above

He's a populist none of that matters imo

Define populist

• Registered Users Posts: 40,168 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That is still not evidence. I'm sure you would prefer the "innocent until proven guilty" standard applied to yourself should you find yourself in the similar situation. As an example in this country one poor guy found himself in jail for a year until the evidence could be presented that he did not rape the woman who accused him. Follow the golden rule "That which you hate to be done to you, do not do to another" even if they are your political enemy.

witness testimony is evidence. The jury decide if that evidence is believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The puritan activists in the ascendancy in the Democratic Party will tear apart whoever gets the nomination.

Trump remains the most likely to win but the challenges and factions internally in the Democrats will get him the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

What you have is a statement by one party that has not been proved or disproved.

Indeed. However when the other party is a proven serial liar with no apparent morals then it is much easier to believe. It's also much more compelling evidence than "Lock her up" or any of the other nonsense allegations Trump has made about people.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,733 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So if I’m catching up on this topic correctly the OP is referencing a speech talking in part about the poor, where some of Biden’s remarks were plucked from context and went viral.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/andrea-mitchell-calls-out-trump-campaign-for-editing-joe-bidens-white-kids-remark/

In short no that’s not going to unfurl a top primary campaign. /thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This is really bad for Biden. The fact he is the frontrunner says a lot about the state of the Democrats. Sanders is too old and too far left. Harris was destroyed in the last debate. The only one who looks half decent is Elizabeth Warren.

Trump will easily beat "Sleepy Joe" now in 2020.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/joe-biden-iowa-democratic-primary-gaffes-race-campaign-us-election-a9047856.html

The Democrats have one of the best candidates in Tulsi Gabbard. Its just she talks too much sense on American foreign policy to ever be put forward by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

So trump is slumping even further in the latest polls

Half eaten Oreo will beat him in 2020 if this keeps up

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Gringo180 wrote: »
    The Democrats have one of the best candidates in Tulsi Gabbard. Its just she talks too much sense on American foreign policy to ever be put forward by them.
    Clearly not, if she's languishing in the polls. She's in low single figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i think Bernie acquitted himself fairly well on Rogan. Joe didnt ask any hard questions now but still.

its between Gabbard and Sanders for me if i had a vote but who knows.

it should be a cinch to defeat a president as divisive and unpopular as Trump but the Dems are doing their damndest to alienate Middle America with identity politics practitioners like AOC and Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

notobtuse wrote: »
    What is really alarming is the future crop of democrat politicians. Their platforms pretty much all seem to be that they’ll create a borderless fairy tale country
    that may be the platform but whether is Harris or Warren who wins, as soon as theyre in the hot seat they'll be deporting illegal immigrants and calling in airstrikes left right and centre.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Has anyone see the actual biden video in full or just the trump edit ?

Have you got a different version to the one that I've seen? It didn't seem edited to me, and I didn't see it from Mr Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,228 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sounds like the kind of mistake that could gain him trump voters.

So trump is slumping even further in the latest polls

Half eaten Oreo will beat him in 2020 if this keeps up

Eh, no, it won't.

noodler wrote: »
    Sounds like the kind of mistake that could gain him trump voters.

Explain that one

Overheal wrote: »
    Explain that one

He can't :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Odd that RTE report nothing of this...
    Search his name on rte and you get nothing of this sort.
    Search Trump and you see constant poking in their stories.
    Odd that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

is_that_so wrote: »
    Clearly not, if she's languishing in the polls. She's in low single figures.

Was she not the most searched candidate until google shut down her advertising campaign at the most critical time? She has a lawsuit against them over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Joe Biden is a creep and won't get anywhere near the presidential election.

Steyr 556 wrote: »

Funny that’s what everyone said about Trump

Funny that’s what everyone said about Trump

Not everyone, mainly mainstream media because it was a narrative that suited them instead of focusing on the reality of the situation, there were many voices pointing out that Trump had a lot of pull, especially with how he positioned himself as an outsider to establishment politicians. If it came down to Trump vs Biden, you can be sure there will be another 4 years of big macs in the White House. He would run rings around him in a debate as sorry as I am to say it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,978 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Odd that RTE report nothing of this...
    Search his name on rte and you get nothing of this sort.
    Search Trump and you see constant poking in their stories.
    Odd that

If it doesn't fit the RTE worldview, unless it's been picked up by other mainstream Irish media it hasn't happened as far as RTE are concerned.

If it does fit the RTE worldview, even it makes zero difference to the everyday lives of Irish people, they'll send a camera crew to the ends of the earth.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Was she not the most searched candidate until google shut down her advertising campaign at the most critical time? She has a lawsuit against them over it.
    She's at about 1% so she can sue away.

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Why/Why not? You do know that we occasionally debate things here! Almost all polls have him ahead in the Dem race and quite a few have him beating Trump. What is it that you know that suggests this to be false?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Speaking of creeps, Jeff Epstein just topped himself in jail, weekend off for Uncle Joe and even Trump so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Speaking of creeps, Jeff Epstein just topped himself in jail, weekend off for Uncle Joe and even Trump so.

Sticking to my prediction

MrFresh wrote: »
    If the "Creepy Joe" narrative is being pushed on a Friday I presume there will be something about Trump and young girls coming out in the next day or two.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Why/Why not? You do know that we occasionally debate things here! Almost all polls have him ahead in the Dem race and quite a few have him beating Trump. What is it that you know that suggests this to be false?

I'm not silencing the debate, I'm allowed to give my opinion, and my opinion is Biden wouldn't get elected versus Trump and won't make the Dem candidate to run against Trump either as there are better candidates (Sanders), and I feel strongly about that. I also feel he is a creep, there's plenty of evidence to demonstrate his "hands-on" approach which is disturbing to many.

Polls are famously unreliable and you can easily pick and choose polls which put one ahead and ignore others which suggest otherwise. Even how polls are structured and conducted can be unreliable.

Wow “handsy” “creepy uncle Joe” no match for “grab her by the pussy you can do anything” “I’d date my own daughter” Trump. Somehow.

Wow “handsy” “creepy uncle Joe” no match for “grab her by the pussy you can do anything” “I’d date my own daughter” Trump. Somehow.

Just because I'm pointing out Biden's creepiness doesn't mean that Trump's own disgusting behaviour is escaping my attention.

You can hold both men to high standards - Trump is certainly a creep, but he somehow survives it, it won't tarnish him the same way Biden will be once the real mudslinging gets underway. Trump just has no morality while Biden has or at least outwardly appears to be morale. It's inevitable both men will be questioned by these things but Biden will have the harder time coming out the other side of it clean I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well these latest remarks wont be the end of Joe, sure his voters know he is gaffe prone and that is part of the attraction. It was the same for George Bush Jnr.

I think if he can get the Dem nomination he has a decent chance of unseating Trump. I have a few quid on him to be next US president at 12/1 so hoping he does the business. Though a lot will depend on how the economy is in late 2020, the rust belt were important at swinging the last election and Biden will target the blue collar swing states. If he can succeed with that demographic he has every chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Joe will have a Tsunami of Wall St money behind him, same for any Dem candidate this time but especially him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement