Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any 530e owners out there?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have that too (well the wife does). ACC with lane keep I think it’s called.

Close to my EAP on the Tesla. Just not as polished. But very good.

Seats are a strange brown colour in mine too, heated and massage and memory for the front 2 too 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭WacoKid

Your seats are nappa leather which is an upgrade from the standard dakota leather. The brown colour is only an option for nappa seats. I have these seats too in oyster white but with no massage, just heated. I've seen these seats with massage, heated and cooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Maddic_Irl

Anyone driven a 545e? Curious how they compare to the 530e

I haven’t driven the 545e but I have the X5 45e and that’s fantastic. So I can deduct that the 545e would be very good 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Just throwing it in here. I'm looking for the battery pack from a 530e to power my 1996 BMW E36 318tds electric conversion. If you have one or know of one or have any other suggestions, feel free to PM me!

• Advertisement

Well I wasn’t in the mood of washing the car today so I said I’d freshen up the wheels by replacing the corroded Centre caps. Very common problem for BMW, no matter how premium you think the cars are 🤣

€13 sorted.

Also added mudflaps. Mudflaps are not everyone’s cup of tea but they do help in stopping crap getting thrown up onto the car. Cheap and easy. Don’t like they can be removed ins threw in the recycle bin. €42.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Can you post link for the mudflaps please

€ 35,64 47% Off | 4Pcs Molded TPO Mud Flaps For BMW 5 Series G30 G31 Sedan Saloon Touring 2017 - 2022 Splash Guards Mudguards Front Rear 2018 2019

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msKqgxG

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Curious if anyone has successfully brought in a 530e (I’m looking at 2019) recently that was worth the effort/saving?

Is there any NI or UK VAT qualifying UK dealer / route that is better than ROI?

NI dealer that hasn’t jacked up the prices seems to be the most obvious but do they exist??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ni is no good as prices of NI registered examples are pretty much adjusted now to match ours on these cars.

The tax law appears to be in place in UK to allow a private individual from Ireland or any other country to buy a vat qualifying car for direct export from UK without having to pay the UK vat at all. The problem as I see it is finding a dealer to administer this as most don't want to be involved and want the vat paid and tell you to claim it back after.

It's called the personal export scheme and can be used for new or used cars but obviously you need to be buying a vat qualifying car.

If you did manage to get the car out of UK ex vat, stuff like plug in hybrids would be still very worth while as vrt and nox is low on them. You would have to pay Irish vat and duty also.

• Advertisement

Swtiched from 'Comfort + Max eDrive' after many months to 'EcoPro + Max eDrive' configuration about 2 weeks ago and I have little doubt I now get a better battery range using the latter when stop-start driving around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Many months of cold weather? Just to eliminate the temperature variable, try to switch back to comfort and see how that goes, I myself use the EcoPro all the time and I see an improvement also, but I believe it's temperature related.

Thanks, yes aware of the temperature changes and a cold battery not performing as well range wise as one up to temp. While ambient temp may have gone up a degree or two over last few weeks, the same runs I do now seem better range wise in EcoPro.

It would be interesting to know how displayed available range is calculated when fully charged. It may be a combination of previous trips averaged and also the current battery temp?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Thanks for that. Going in eyes open at least and worth asking up front.

A garage with good stock that is willing to play ball could be the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Anyone know if the 530e came in Touring form at all?

Small upgrade to the standard MSport Steering wheel recently.

Such a massive difference when driving it now.

Original

Retrimmed by https://www.facebook.com/leatherwheelsretrim

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Yes..

Quick look on Autotrader in the UK would seem to suggest that it only came out in touring format with the face-lift in 2021 as that seems to be the oldest available .

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

That's about right. Would have bought one myself by now if there was a 2019/20 touring version.

The term ''vat qualifying car for direct export from UK'' can u tell me what that means? like when is a car not vat qualifying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

A car is non VAT qualifying if it's ever been owned by an entity not registered for VAT e.g. a private owner. If it's VAT qualifying it can be sold without UK VAT if being exported but only if the seller is happy to do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

I haven't seen one before. I have the G20 330e and am changing that for a G21 LCI touring. Haven't seen one in the flesh yet .. are BMW tourers a thing of the past now as everyone wants an SUV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I think they may stay popular.

Not everyone wants an SUV although an awful lot appear to want them.

Alot of saloon cars are disappearing because of that. It seems only the premium brands are continuing for now with the saloon and you would imagine the likes of bmw and Audi will continue to produce the estate versions as long as the saloons are around.

Passat, Mondeo and insignia gone is mad really.

When we ordered the G20 there wasn't a touring option in the 330e and since I've always had estates or hatchbacks the saloon wasn't anywhere near as practical for a family with dogs !! So this time round the G21 is a nobrainer

Looking for a replacement cover cap for my 530e. Any help appreciated 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I got one in a main dealer, Joe Duffy parts dept before. Was only about a tenner or something. It wasnt paint matched though so I bought a can of matching spray for the car and sprayed it myself, before fitting of course, I couldn't fault the outcome. Car was black, carbon black I think BMW called it if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dayo Kayo

HI folks,

I've got a question - my subscription for 'My BMW app has ended. Now I can't even see when my 530e is charged.

Other services you get with a subscription I could care less about like turning on a/c remotely or locking your door

remotely, traffic updates etc but not knowing when your car is charged is a real pisser.

But a subscription is €100 which is a bit much to pay just to know when your car is charged. Anyone

have this problem?

it's a pain in the ass - my sub just ended last week; now way i'm paying to reactivate as i'm waiting on delivery of the replacement car due hopefully before may. I never really used the app much but remote preconditioning and charge status, stopping etc was used all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dayo Kayo

It's incredibly bad. Does any other car brand require you to pay for the privilege of knowing when your car is charged?

• Advertisement

Advertisement