Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Four - Family

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander gets out, walks around and opens the door for Olivia.

While she gets out, he scans the area for signs of any people around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

There's nobody near enough to really notice anything. It's quite dark.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'Come Olivia, take my hand. Cast your eyes on the pier at night, isn't it beautiful? As... are you.'

He walks along the sand with her a little bit.

'Tell me Olivia, what are your dreams, your hopes for the future?'

He draws her closer as he asks, looking into her eyes again.

"I...eh..." she is completely infatuated.

"I dunno, to be...to really make my mark you know. To be recognised, get my ideas out there, contribute something important...be important"

Fourier wrote: »
    "I...eh..." she is completely infatuated.

"I dunno, to be...to really make my mark you know. To be recognised, get my ideas out there, contribute something important...be important"

'And important you shall be. Very. This is just the start of a beautiful relationship'

He kisses her, savouring the lust rising from her. He wonders briefly about the Toreador qualities, they may come in useful. How to take them though.... he puts it aside, that is for another night.

When she is distracted he moves as if to kiss her neck, but strikes with his fangs and drains her completely, savouring every drop.

• Advertisement

The blood rushes through his fangs. The burning motivation flows into him. Mortals this motivated are rare. Shadows across the beach swirl a bit and up on the pier itself the lights dim for a moment.

OOC: Dominate stronger for the next two weeks. The lust she was feeling will give you alternate methods of Dominate for a while. I'll flag them when they're available.

Fourier wrote:
    The blood rushes through his fangs. The burning motivation flows into him. Mortals this motivated are rare. Shadows across the beach swirl a bit and up on the pier itself the lights dim for a moment.

Looking around him briefly to make sure no one is watching, he lifts Olivia and carries her into the ocean, allowing the waves to crash over them both as he moves further out.

He savours again the taste of the salt but this time thinks back to how Nostro was born.

How he had risen so fast. Somehow he had a feeling that this one may outshine even him.

Once he places the body in the water he returns to the shore. He waits, but also looks for a lone passerby, a jogger, or a dog walker. She would be hungry when she awoke.

OOC: if there is one nearby that he can sense then Dominate on.

A woman out walking her dog does pass by as Lysander heads out of the water. She kind of looks at him funny, seeing a man in a fancy suit come out the ocean is a bit too odd and she begins to head off quickly before the Dominate slams into her, stupefying her and knocking out the dog.

Lysander then feels it. The urge to survive, to thrive, to control. The water bubbles and shadows flow from nearby street lamps toward the beach. Some street lights even go out. The whole beach is covered in darkness as Olivia springs from the water racing out toward the woman.

It's more violent than even Nostro was. The woman is torn to shreds, as is the dog. What is more fascinating is that she skewers the woman's head with a shadow spike. A natural talent for the shadows.

Olivia stumbles forward toward Lysander, sense returning to her and understanding. The Shadows and the ocean seem to have told her much. She bows before him.

"My Lord. Thank you"

'You are very welcome my dear. As I said, this is the start of a beautiful relationship.

A new life, even.'

He looks at the remains strewn on the beach.

'We should probably clear that up before we take our leave.

Olivia.... sometimes my new children are renamed.

But I like your name as is. Welcome to the family.

You shall stay with me at least for now. I am most intrigued as to how you will develop... your shadow work is excellent...especially for one so young.'

He waits for her to dispose of the remains then together they make their way back home.

Olivia disposes of the body into the sea, shredding it finely with her teeth first.

As they get into the car, she closes her door and looks at Lysander.

"Vampires huh?" she says smiling and then claps her hands, rubbing them with excitement.

"Fúck yeah!"

They head on into the midnight.

From the pier a lone figure watches.

OOC: Lysander's Vitae spreads and the Lasombra grow. Choose one of:
    1. Aegis of Shadows: Cover yourself in powerful shadow armor
    2. Eyes of the Night: See without light, even through supernatural darkness
    3. Shadow Parasite: Grow a black tentacle within a target until it kills them
    4. Shadow Perspective: Move senses to a nearby shadow
    5. The Darkness Within: Cover a target in a horrid shadow that drains them of blood

• Advertisement

OOC: Let's go with Shadow Parasite :)

Lysander wakes in his penthouse suite the following morning.

In the kitchen a sample of the highest quality blood from each Primogen's area of the city is on the table.

"From all of us" an attached card reads.

Lysander samples a couple of the vials, one by one.

OOC: Hey Four :D

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander samples a couple of the vials, one by one.

OOC: Hey Four :D
    OOC: Hey man! :D

It's definitely high quality stuff. The Toreador blend is multiple people mixed into one, after a bit of attuning his tastes Lysander realises it's a mix of the people from the party last night.

The rest are mostly high status individuals, lawyers and politicians and so on. The only one that really stands out is the Nosferatu blend. It tastes like abject fear. You'd have to do something horrible to somebody to get them this afraid.

Lysander makes a note of each of the types and casually jots thank you notes to each of the Primogens detailing how exquisite each was.

He leaves the notes on the table, personalising each one with their names before leaving a note beside them - 'For distribution.'

Lysander makes a note of each of the types and casually jots thank you notes to each of the Primogens detailing how exquisite each was.

He leaves the notes on the table, personalising each one with their names before leaving a note beside them - 'For distribution.'
    After penning this, Lysander notices another letter on the table from the Tremere Primogen. It concerns the demonstration of blood magic that Lysander authorized. He has arranged it for tonight. There's also a long spiel about how important it is for the city given how easily the city was taken down the last time.

Lysander feels Nostro behind him.

"Sire, I have met Olivia. It's nice to have a...sibling I suppose" though as he says this Lysander senses jealousy stir in Nostro's blood.

After penning this, Lysander notices another letter on the table from the Tremere Primogen. It concerns the demonstration of blood magic that Lysander authorized. He has arranged it for tonight. There's also a long spiel about how important it is for the city given how easily the city was taken down the last time.

Lysander feels Nostro behind him.

"Sire, I have met Olivia. It's nice to have a...sibling I suppose" though as he says this Lysander senses jealousy stir in Nostro's blood.

Lysander smiles.

'Fear not Nostro, you are still the Primogen, and deservedly so. And as such, Olivia will need to be... educated. I trust you are up to this task.'

He shows Nostro the letter from the Tremere.

'What do you think of this? I want to see it at work, but I'm of a mind that it would be beneficial in case of any... reprisals for taking back the city.'

Lysander smiles.

'Fear not Nostro, you are still the Primogen, and deservedly so. And as such, Olivia will need to be... educated. I trust you are up to this task.'

He shows Nostro the letter from the Tremere.

'What do you think of this? I want to see it at work, but I'm of a mind that it would be beneficial in case of any... reprisals for taking back the city.'
    "I've heard from others that it's more...well weird than it is powerful. Difficult to prepare yourself for if you're not Tremere because they guard its secrets so closely. They say our own Maximillian Strauss is a bit of an expert. I'd say definitely worth seeing what he has on offer"

"I've heard from others that it's more...well weird than it is powerful. Difficult to prepare yourself for if you're not Tremere because they guard its secrets so closely. They say our own Maximillian Strauss is a bit of an expert. I'd say definitely worth seeing what he has on offer"

'Yes, I agree. Care to accompany me to the meeting? Special invitation from the Prince? It wouldn't be right if we didn't bend the rules in our favour the odd time.'

'Yes, I agree. Care to accompany me to the meeting? Special invitation from the Prince? It wouldn't be right if we didn't bend the rules in our favour the odd time.'
    Nostro smiles.

"Of course Sire. In fact...I had a strange vision during my day sleep about tonight where you needed me. Nothing serious but they say some of us Lasombra have premonitions, I'm interested to see if it comes true.

And besides I'm killing to see some actual magic.

I'll drive?"

• Advertisement

Nostro smiles.

"Of course Sire. In fact...I had a strange vision during my day sleep about tonight where you needed me. Nothing serious but they say some of us Lasombra have premonitions, I'm interested to see if it comes true.

And besides I'm killing to see some actual magic.

I'll drive?"

Lysander nods and gestures to the door.

'Lead the way my friend, let's go and view some blood magic.'

Maximillain Strauss having had his last lair destroyed is now set up in the historic Mayfair hotel. Lysander and Nostro pull up outside.

"Always excited to stay here when I was mortal. Seems so inconsequential now" Nostro muses.

"I assume he's at the top" Nostro says holding the car door open for Lysander.

SvvIE4.jpg

Lysander gets out and makes his way towards the hotel.

'Mortal fineries are indeed very different Nostro, but it's nice to hold on to them too. Keeps a semblance of humanity at least.

Strauss is.... unpredictable. He may prefer the basement, but let us find out.'

Lysander gets out and makes his way towards the hotel.

'Mortal fineries are indeed very different Nostro, but it's nice to hold on to them too. Keeps a semblance of humanity at least.

Strauss is.... unpredictable. He may prefer the basement, but let us find out.'
    Entering the hotel, the pair see the mortal staff running to and fro. Their eyes naturally avoid Lysander. They know he is there, but don't look and probably couldn't recall him if asked. He's growing strong enough to dull mortal memory and thought without effort.

He senses that Strauss is two floors up. From the maps on the ground floor, it seems to contain a showroom of some sort.

Lysander heads for the stairs.

'Lifts are a problem sometimes Nostro... with mirrors and mortals it's not a good combination.'

In short order Lysander and Nostro find themselves on the second floor.

Maximillian Strauss greets them outside a set of black double doors. It seems the place is normally used for comedian gigs or talent shows.

sTcJI8.jpg

"My Prince we have quite a show ready for you tonight. I have the lights dimmed within and the mortal staff should not bother us. I am glad to see you brought your childe..." he pauses "...and a fellow Primogen, it will allow me to demonstrate a rather special spell I have constructed. Anything you wish to verify before we enter.

Lysander shakes his head.

'No, I am very interested in seeing your demonstration Maximillian. You are right, we do need to think ahead in defending this city from those who would take it from us.'

He nods and leads Lysander and Nostro in.

Within the room there is almost complete darkness except for a pentagram drawn in blood on the ground and another drawn not in mortal blood but the thick black of Vitae.

The shadows being Lysander's they tell him of another room beyond this one where three mortals are kept in cages. The shadows feel around and tell him the room he is in is about 30 foot long along each wall, with expensive wooden walls.

"Well my Prince. Which first the bloody, the fantastical or the dangerous?" he says with excitement.

"Jesus just do it" Nostro says to Lysander along their shared bond of blood.

'Let us start with the dangerous, Primogen. Spice it up!'

• Advertisement

"Alright my Prince. Can I ask you to stand within the pentagram of Vitae. I'm sure you can sense it better than I. I ask then that your childe stands in the one of blood"

Nostro feels nervous of this. Distrusting even.

Advertisement