Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Changing Address

• 02-08-2019 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ bobbie78

Hi Lads, im going to be moving house in the next few weeks and im wondering what way to change the address on my license, i know there is a form for amendments to the license so which garda station do i drop it into my current one or the garda station in the new area im moving to?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cass

FCA2 form is your friend.

Section 1 of the FCA2. On the left put in your current details, and on the right you input the new details. Just fill in the "Personal Details" section as you're not amending anything to do with the firearm, and DON'T use section 2 by mistake for cancelling the license.

Just drop it into your local station for the FO and you're set.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - RFDs - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads

If you see a problem post use the report post function, "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Your Shooting Forum Moderators - Cass, Cookimonster, Vegeta, Sparks, It wasn't me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ bobbie78

Thanks Cass! do i fill a separate form for each license?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cass

If you want to be "proper" about it then yes it would be the right thing to do.

If you wanted to be conservative with the forms, you could fill in one of them, and then place a cover letter with it to explain you're moving home and then list the certificate numbers of the other licenses on the cover letter.

Might be best to do one for each certificate though. At least you'll have done thing right.

Keep copies for yourself btw. Either photocopy or take a picture of each FCA2 so you have a record you followed the right procedure.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - RFDs - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads

If you see a problem post use the report post function, "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Your Shooting Forum Moderators - Cass, Cookimonster, Vegeta, Sparks, It wasn't me!

Advertisement