Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ashes 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Decent 50 partnership for last wicket gone, Labusch dropped a few times though. He'd want to be getting a move on if he wants that century, be interesting to see if he'll push for it and maybe get out or put the Aussie cause first.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Handy 75 added this morning

Well we'll know by the end of the day or even by tea how it's likely to work out. If Eng can get a steady start, who knows? But you wouldn't bet on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,105 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A poor shot, a decent delivery but you would think he’d have just left it, no need to defend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Roy beaten all ends up.

• Advertisement

Great by Cummins.

Serious F'ing and blinding from Roy trudging off there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Roy beaten all ends up.

He has been wretched hasn't he?

I hope for England's sake this does not shake him up to much, because in limited overs cricket he is crucial. Let him focus on the format exclusively rather than trying to confuse him with trying to adopt to the format he is least suited for.

CrAcking delivery, that would have caused many more adept batsmen then Roy a big problem...

Saying that though, the English openers again back in the dressing room with single digit scores to their names... really need to find some guys to be able to stick around and score up top... even putting 60/70 on the board over quite dismal contributions.

kmart6 wrote: »

Serious F'ing and blinding from Roy trudging off there!
    :eek:
    Serious decibels too multiple times for all to hear :pac: A few hours before the watershed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Rjd2 wrote: »
    He has been wretched hasn't he?

I hope for England's sake this does not shake him up to much, because in limited overs cricket he is crucial. Let him focus on the format exclusively rather than trying to confuse him with trying to adopt to the format he is least suited for.

I wonder what Surrey "superstar" will be called in to take his place next!

Batty is too old.

Morkel isn't English, plus he's a bowler!

Foakes may have a chance.

Both Pope and Jacks seem like very good prospects, but exposure to the Aussie attack could destroy their confidence.

Stoneman has scored a few runs recently.

Maybe it's time to recall Keaton Jennings or even Haseeb Hameed, (just released by the Lankies) - albeit mainly for my amusement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

England won’t manage 200. Time for the football for a couple of hours to shed the pessimism.

I'd say Australia could do with a wicket soon enough or doubts might start to creep in.

Was looking dodge the way the way England were batting but Denly and Root look to be putting together a very much needed solid partnership here... if they just about stay together till close or just even loose only one more before stumps it will have been a successful enough evening all things considered..

Strumms wrote: »
    Was looking dodge the way the way England were batting but Denly and Root look to be putting together a very much needed solid partnership here... if they just about stay together till close or just even loose only one more before stumps it will have been a successful enough evening all things considered..

One or two decent partnerships is all they need to get into a competitive position and they have one already. Are the Aussies a bit complacent, need to attack a bit more before the runs start to get tighter.

Nothing happening off the pitch at the moment. Hard to see a wicket at the moment without a batting error.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Good stand this, but still 220 to get. Still fancy Australia. 67 all out will come back to haunt England.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,145 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What time tomorrow do we think England will have chased this down by? 4?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Lyon is getting a good bit of turn now. Unlucky not to get a wicket.

Huge wicket

Stokes is 1* from 33 balls, surely something is going to give soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭blackcard

Portsalon wrote: »
    Stokes is 1* from 33 balls, surely something is going to give soon!
    England need to keep the scoreboard ticking, even if at a modest rate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

New ball will be due early tomorrow sometime.

Well Eng are getting themselves into a half decent position. Decent effort with test batting today after first couple wickets. First session tomorrow to decide the game I reckon, Aussies will looking for some movement and some cheap wickets. If Eng survive that, surely they can chase this down. Loads of time.

Well I left this to watch the football and it looks like I missed some real-life Test batting. Wonders never cease.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭nice bit of green

The best thing about this series is the never ending surprises it has delivered. Hoping for an England win tmw/Monday for added effect to keep it alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Well Eng are getting themselves into a half decent position. Decent effort with test batting today after first couple wickets. First session tomorrow to decide the game I reckon, Aussies will looking for some movement and some cheap wickets. If Eng survive that, surely they can chase this down. Loads of time.

I can never doubt England's ability to feck up any position in the ashes.

The best thing about this series is the never ending surprises it has delivered.

Quite right. One big surprise for me is that Starc hasn't yet started a test!

Someone must have burnt Stokes ears, 2 runs off 60+ balls!! Talk about being out of character, how long can he restrain himself?

Some catch in fairness

• Advertisement

England really in the driving seat here.

Advertisement