Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ryder Jug 2019 - Tulfarris Golf Club 26th Oct

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Lastly I hate to bring the mood down but we need to look at our pace of play. It took us 3 hours to play the front nine. I play a lot of golf and the only time I’ve ever seen anything close to this pace is in the boards events. I’m not pointing any fingers but there must be something we can do to speed it up a fraction.

J

I remember playing in a club competition back in 2017 at Wicklow GC immediately after the Boards.ie Society outing. The whole course was backed up for the day and resulted in many members walking in after 9, complaints, letters about societies out in front of members competitions etc.
    It turned out to be one of the longest rounds I have ever played at WGC.

There is obviously a problem with pace of play but evidently it hasn't been addressed unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

HighLine wrote: »
    I remember playing in a club competition back in 2017 at Wicklow GC immediately after the Boards.ie Society outing. The whole course was backed up for the day and resulted in many members walking in after 9, complaints, letters about societies out in front of members competitions etc.
    It turned out to be one of the longest rounds I have ever played at WGC.

There is obviously a problem with pace of play but evidently it hasn't been addressed unfortunately.

Without sounding like I'm repeating myself on this one, I'm pretty sure that day in Wicklow was again a 4-ball matchplay event, which is definitely going to be slower than standard 3-ball stableford comp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Without sounding like I'm repeating myself on this one. That day in Wicklow was again a 4-ball matchplay event, which is definitely going to be slower than standard 3-ball stableford comp.

All of our competitions are 4-balls. Anyway.. not sure looking for excuses is going to help fix the problem. Just my opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

In my recollection that day was frost delayed & we stood around for the best part of an hour before we were let out on the course. then when we were let out, we had to tee off the 5th or 6th hole (the one beside the clubhouse playing down toward the sea).

TBH, I don't think that was a slow round compared to what it has been on occasion. And in fairness, the round last week was slow, but in general, boards outings are not as slow as they once were. sure most are slightly longer that you might expect a round should be on whatever courses we are playing, but people must realise that most of us are probably playing the course for the first time which will always result in slightly slower rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Without sounding like I'm repeating myself on this one, I'm pretty sure that day in Wicklow was again a 4-ball matchplay event, which is definitely going to be slower than standard 3-ball stableford comp.

I'm not sure why 4-ball matchplay should be any slower than a regular 4-ball in stableford comp. If anything it should be quicker. I've always found matchplay quicker anyway because all players won't always be holing out at every hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

But 5 hour rounds on Boards outings are commonplace

I have been unlucky to be 5.5 hours which is insane

I enjoy playing the new courses etc but it only takes one group to ruin pace of play

Advertisement