Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France Stage 15 - Limoux > Foix (185 km)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Go pinot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Left for 30 seconds to put kettle on. What happened Thomas?

This is great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

bazermc wrote: »
    What happened Thomas?

He doesn't have it it seems, much like yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Getting very interesting now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Go on Pinot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Unreal from Pinot, no wonder he was so upset the other day losing time.

Why is JA on the front, should let poels/thomas work

Fair f*cks to Alaphilippe, not giving up and doing the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Angliru wrote: »
    Fair f*cks to Alaphilippe, not giving up and doing the work.

He should keep yellow if he stays calm

• Advertisement

Go on Pinot.

Pinot into 3rd and moving to second, go in Pinot

Poels needs to earn his wage now

They move in on Ala, to try and to monster him out of it, Great tour soo far! Yates to take his 2nd stage, chapeau to him!

Ala to keep Yellow, but the rest of them will tighten up a fair bit.

F*ck off Thomas

Provisional Post Stage Rankings

uPw3nlL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Pinot lost about 1'40" to Alaphilippe in the cross winds stage I think? He'd only be 10 seconds behind now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I really don’t trust Pinot in the 3rd week and I don’t think 1.35 is enough for JA.
    I fear that Thomas could break our hearts again.

Pinot the favourite now with Thomas, Bernal and Alaphilippe next favourites at evenish odds by the bookies. Pinot would have this Tour in the bag if he didn't bleed time in the crosswinds.

All she wrote surely for Alaphilippe. He's bound to have extended a tonne of energy already, it is coming into the third week and his team is getting weaker and weaker by the day.

Bernal might be compromised by the presence of Thomas but he's got a huge chance now considering I'd imagine he's only arriving into peak form.

Manny Buchmann is one hell of a cyclist on current form. Towed Bernal to the line.

I really don’t trust Pinot in the 3rd week and I don’t think 1.35 is enough for JA.
    I fear that Thomas could break our hearts again.

I think it's all down to how their bodies will respond to the 3rd week of racing, there are still a bunch of riders who can win this, Thomas, Bernal, Pinot, JAL, Kruiswijk and even Buchman. The rest seem to have too much time to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Have a feeling Thomas will keep on improving next week and go on to win it. I'd love to see Pinot win though.

Yates to continue riding at the back of the peloton, smoking cigars, and get another stage win in the alps.

Old man Valverde like a bad smell. He just won't go away.

• Advertisement

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Have a feeling Thomas will keep on improving next week and go on to win it. I'd love to see Pinot win though.

Yates to continue riding at the back of the peloton, smoking cigars, and get another stage win in the alps.

Old man Valverde like a bad smell. He just won't go away.

Aye, its defo the most open tour in many a decade thought which is great to see!

The riders have a good bit of time to recover now. Tomorrow is a rest day. Tuesday is a flat stage that starts and finishes in Nimes. And Wednesday only has a Cat. 4 and Cat. 3 climb. That will suit Alaphilippe. I can see his lead being chipped away on Thursday and Friday and then the jersey changing on Saturday.

Gaudu, Reichenbach and Molard have been great so far for Pinot

Gaudu, Reichenbach and Molard have been great so far for Pinot

Except for the crosswinds, as mentioned earlier in this thread, there is a high likely hood that Pinot loses the Tour due to the 1 min 40 secs odd he lost on that day, when he was caught on the wrong side of the split.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

All she wrote surely for Alaphilippe. He's bound to have extended a tonne of energy already, it is coming into the third week and his team is getting weaker and weaker by the day.

A bit of an overreaction surely. I think that he paid today for two huge efforts in the previous two days. The time trial was a huge effort and then second on the tourmalet also. After the rest day and a flat stage things could be a lot different.

Pinot looked strong today but he may not be so dominant in the alps. He probably needs to do that at least twice more to overtake JA - that is a big ask. I think that Alaphilippe made a small mistake today when he attacked Thomas and tried to chase Pinot. If he had ridden tempo with Thomas then he would probably have stayed with him to the line.

I would still give Alaphilippe a huge chance to win. I think that he can definitely stay with Thomas (really I don't understand why anyone thinks that Thomas should be putting time into Alaphillippe in the mountains) and he has 1:50 on Pinot which is a pretty big lead.

Pity the day after the rest day isn't a mountain day. There's always one GC guy who completely bonks the day after the rest day and there's usually one guy who comes back like a new man.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

Great to see the QuickStep mountain domestiques Viviani, Morkov and Richeze coming to the fore.

I wonder now will they sprint on Tuesday or will they all have the day off, Qs let the break go and get 10 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

Pity the day after the rest day isn't a mountain day. There's always one GC guy who completely bonks the day after the rest day and there's usually one guy who comes back like a new man.

There is always one rider who gets the rest day spectacularly wrong. We name this day Tejay day. That said this year the recovery can be managed over Tuesday and Wednesday this year. I think it makes for a much more exciting Thursday - Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Finnrocco wrote: »
    Great to see the QuickStep mountain domestiques Viviani, Morkov and Richeze coming to the fore.

I wonder now will they sprint on Tuesday or will they all have the day off, Qs let the break go and get 10 minutes?

You'd imagine that the team quest for yellow would trump over a collective hunt for another stage win for Vivianni. That said, IIRC, I recall Wiggins in yellow several years ago killing it at the front in the close to a sprint stage to set his man (Ben Swift?) up for the final push.

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    You'd imagine that the team quest for yellow would trump over a collective hunt for another stage win for Vivianni. That said, IIRC, I recall Wiggins in yellow several years ago killing it at the front in the close to a sprint stage to set his man (Ben Swift?) up for the final push.

Was that not on the Champs D'Eylsee for Cav?

Advertisement