Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man commits burglary, drags Garda along with stolen car, injures pedestrian, bailed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Is the problem the judges or lack of prison spaces?

I'm inclined to think it's a mix of both.

If what the OP described occurred in a properly run country that individual would not be on bail.

Don't know why we tolerate this.

The last two general elections have brought politicians to my door and my first question was judicial reform. One labour TD was bewildered as to why I thought it was needed. I also brought up the lack of prison spaces and the need for a new larger prison. I got some round about answer that really answered nothing.

By making this an election issue is admitting theres an issue and we cant be having that.

Commit a certain category of crime should automatically revoke any rights one may have to legal aid, social welfare. Let those do gooders set up a voluntary legal service for those who cant afford representation.

Country offers far too much to those who contribute f**k all

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Caught for a burglary and a stolen audi rs6. Will probably get 4yrs with 1 suspended

His trial will be in 2021 at this stage.

The legal profession knows he will commit as many crimes as he can until he gets locked up in 2021.

Whats better to get you through a 3 year sentence than knowing you have 60 grand in cash (or whatever he can rob by 2021) buried for when you get out

All these crimes committed while waiting on his trial..... will earn more LEGAL AID.

Lock him up now, you will deprive solicitors/barristers a large chunk of the annual legal aid bounty.

Simple

Advertisement