Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water charges for excessive usage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

charlie14 wrote: »
    You are entitled to your opinion. What you are not entitled to is attempting to rewrite history in an effort to validate that opinion.
    For someone who appears to regard yourself as a spokesperson typical of the middle class, you seem to regard them as a class of easily lead sheep.

Your lefties under the bed ramblings is a load of hokum.
    The Irish Middle class were out in large numbers in the first protest marches. Mathematically alone, from those that refused to "engage" with Irish Water we know that included large numbers of them, and when General Election 2016 put the final nail in the coffin it wasn`t due to middle class FG voters voting for parties of the left.

Nobody said it was.

Like the current ‘campaign’ against ‘asylum seekers’ it was run by a bunch of ‘activists’ with nothing more productive to do.

The silent majority were being horsed out of contention by a bunch of hard necked, bullhorn,attention seekers.

These tools have no other interest other than to gain attention by ‘socking it to the man’ and of course use flying columns of like minded drones to advance their ‘cause’

These tools have no ambition other than break down normal administration
    and avoid any contribution to healthy society.

Time these stults were called out and challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Benedict

I think that may be part of IW's strategy. They may feel that under the current plan, those who will have a quota imposed will be largely the very people who didn't object to the installations and therefore won't object to being subjected to quotas.

In other words, they'll hit the softies.

They were too polite to get out and wrestle with the installers before so they'll be too polite now to start shouting about the blatant injustice which will be visited upon them.

The people who fought before will be enjoying waivers so you won't see them on the streets with placards.

But IW might be very surprised if they attempt to introduce this grossly discriminatory quota system and indeed even if the softies accepted it, the EU could very well step in to prevent it on the basis of gross unfairness to EU Citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,925 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Benedict wrote: »
    I think that may be part of IW's strategy. They may feel that under the current plan, those who will have a quota imposed will be largely the very people who didn't object to the installations and therefore won't object to being subjected to quotas.

They were too polite to get out and wrestle with the installers before so they'll be too polite now to start shouting about the blatant injustice which will be visited upon them.

The people who fought before will be enjoying waivers so you won't see them on the streets with placards.

But IW might be very surprised if they attempt to introduce this grossly discriminatory quota system and indeed even if the softies accepted it, the EU could very well step in to prevent it on the basis of gross unfairness to EU Citizens.

For me this isn`t so much IW going after the low lying fruit of softies as the piddling amount of water used by those metered over their allowance is an irrelevance compared to what is being lost through major mains leaks. It`s even questionable if the exercise would justify the return financially.

I would see this as either a hamfisted effort to give political cover that a fortune wasn`t wasted on meters, or more likely that they learned a lesson on the use of people power.

What really killed off metering was ordinary everyday voters marching. The vast majority being those softies. Their votes in 2016 was the final nail. They by their nature will rarely organise protest marches and IW and it`s masters know that.

The plan now as far as I`m concerned is to get these people complaining to their politicians about the unfairness to get them onside to continue with metering where they can then get back to boiling frogs slowly.

I would not see the EU getting involved. After a few ECJ ruling on their Water Framework Directive I doubt if they wish for more light being shone on it.

They were stiffed once Bee...... won’t be stiffed again.

Make no mistake about that.... .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

That's the way everything works in Ireland. It's a scumbags paradise.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

They were stiffed once Bee...... won’t be stiffed again.

Make no mistake about that.... .

lol, they've taken it up the ass every year for generations now from CJ to Bertie to Leo

For me this isn`t so much IW going after the low lying fruit of softies as the piddling amount of water used by those metered over their allowance is an irrelevance compared to what is being lost through major mains leaks. It`s even questionable if the exercise would justify the return financially.

I would see this as either a hamfisted effort to give political cover that a fortune wasn`t wasted on meters, or more likely that they learned a lesson on the use of people power.

What really killed off metering was ordinary everyday voters marching. The vast majority being those softies. Their votes in 2016 was the final nail. They by their nature will rarely organise protest marches and IW and it`s masters know that.

The plan now as far as I`m concerned is to get these people complaining to their politicians about the unfairness to get them onside to continue with metering where they can then get back to boiling frogs slowly.

I would not see the EU getting involved. After a few ECJ ruling on their Water Framework Directive I doubt if they wish for more light being shone on it.

This “ boiling the frogs slowly” crap is beginning to get to me.

There will be no frogs boiled ,either waved or oven baked.

Middle Ireland won’t stand idly by while the ‘expect everything, contribute nothing ‘brigade ride them bareback.

Won’t happen dude, the game is up.

Nobody said it was.

Like the current ‘campaign’ against ‘asylum seekers’ it was run by a bunch of ‘activists’ with nothing more productive to do.

The silent majority were being horsed out of contention by a bunch of hard necked, bullhorn,attention seekers.

These tools have no other interest other than to gain attention by ‘socking it to the man’ and of course use flying columns of like minded drones to advance their ‘cause’

These tools have no ambition other than break down normal administration
    and avoid any contribution to healthy society.

Time these stults were called out and challenged.

You really do have a very poor view of your fellow citizens if you believe they are that easily led.
    If nothing else recent election results show how far removed from reality you are.

The issue over asylum seekers is not only a lot more complex than you are attempting to make it out to be, it has no relevance to this thread.

This “ boiling the frogs slowly” crap is beginning to get to me.

There will be no frogs boiled ,either waved or oven baked.

Middle Ireland won’t stand idly by while the ‘expect everything, contribute nothing ‘brigade ride them bareback.

Won’t happen dude, the game is up.

I can understand why it is getting to you now.

Just goes to show, with you being a cheerleader on here from the outset for it, that there really is a lot of wisdom in the idiom be careful what you wish for.

You really do have a very poor view of your fellow citizens if you believe they are that easily led.
    If nothing else recent election results show how far removed from reality you are.

The issue over asylum seekers is not only a lot more complex than you are attempting to make it out to be, it has no relevance to this thread.

Correct.... it has no relevance, but a lot of similarities.

• Advertisement

Correct.... it has no relevance, but a lot of similarities.

Other than officialdom disregard not a lot tbh

There’ll be no need for the EU to intervene. Despite what you may think, the majority of Irish citizens are decent and honourable.

Despite what you may think, the majority of Irish citizens are decent and honourable.

More than can be said for the threats, lies, corruption and waste of money associated with this lunacy and the efforts to carry on with more of the same.

I really wish M84 would start addressing her moronic comments to someone other than me for a change. I have a very high regard for the majority of Irish people and I don't like being accused of having any other view.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

There’ll be no need for the EU to intervene. Despite what you may think, the majority of Irish citizens are decent and honourable.

Yeah and they don't like being conned either, that's why Irish water had to cease sending out bills as payment requests to them.

They don't like people pissing down their necks and being told it's raining either.

This thread has clearly shown that whatever IW might say, they cannot request any payment whatsoever from a home which does not have a meter. That is the simple reality. Forget the inspectors crawling around with headphones, forget the swat team abseiling into your back garden to watch if there's a tap running. It's all bunkum.

Also, if some have a waiver, then all can claim a waiver.

The whistle has blown. Game over. Back to square one.

No quotas or fees for anyone. Meters (like the Liffey millennium clock) should be sold for scrap.

It's over!

This thread has clearly shown that whatever IW might say, they cannot request any payment whatsoever from a home which does not have a meter. That is the simple reality. Forget the inspectors crawling around with headphones, forget the swat team abseiling into your back garden to watch if there's a tap running. It's all bunkum.

No quotas or fees for anyone. Meters (like the Liffey millennium clock) should be sold for scrap.

It's over!

Dream on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Dream on.

He is right though unless the 50 odd per cent that is metered wishes to pony up while their unmetered neighbours continue as they always have. Btw there is no appetite in government for another black eye over charges and wasting hundreds of millions on metering. FG already has a credibility issue regarding the public finances.

He is right though unless the 50 odd per cent that is metered wishes to pony up while their unmetered neighbours continue as they always have. Btw there is no appetite in government for another black eye over charges and wasting hundreds of millions on metering. FG already has a credibility issue regarding the public finances.

The only ones who will need pay are those using more than the allowance, whether they’re metered or not. That number is very small and once they become aware of their overuse, will find it down to a leak. Once this is fixed, then they’re ok. Charges will only kick in if overuse continues after a 12 month period.

It's over!

Over and out.... Middle Ireland won’t be stiffed twice.

• Advertisement

The only ones who will need pay are those using more than the allowance, whether they’re metered or not. That number is very small and once they become aware of their overuse, will find it down to a leak. Once this is fixed, then they’re ok. Charges will only kick in if overuse continues after a 12 month period.

Sorry but like others here I truly believe you are clueless, (You cannot charge an unmetered property for excessive use when you have no idea how much they are using)but are hanging on to the hope of charges through some sense of ideology or party loyalty either in my opinion is seriously misguided.
    As I said to your follow traveller B you obviously have a meter and will pay when the allowance levels are reduced.
    Take care I have no intention of rehashing the water charges protests with you either. Only so much rewriting or twisting of the recent past I can tolerate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Over and out.... Middle Ireland won’t be stiffed twice.

:D

:rolleyes:
    How? (I don't expect an answer)

:rolleyes:
    How? (I don't expect an answer)

It’s been given by both myself and Benedict.

It’s been given by both myself and Benedict.

You dodged every direct question in the Irish Water mega threads too. Amazing you are still at it.

Feel free to repost the <It’s been given by both myself and Benedict> evidence you have ;)

I would have thought with all you have learned over all the threads dealing with metering you would have by now seen it for the scam it was.
    Seems not seeing as you are now backing another such scam.

Either that or you suspect what the real motive is and are playing dumb.

Either way you know full well that technically finding any households that are exceeding the allowance is the equivalent of looking for a needle in a very large haystack, where the financial return compared to the cost would be a criminal waste of taxpayers money when mains are leaking like sieves.

That is not even taking into account that huge numbers living in apartment could be filling swimming pools daily and Irish Water do not give a toss.

You dodged every direct question in the Irish Water mega threads too. Amazing you are still at it.

Feel free to repost the <It’s been given by both myself and Benedict> evidence you have ;)

Maybe if you read the thread. It’s only a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Has anyone discovered how they'll find out if an unmetered property is going over their allowance?

Pipe dream.

An article from the Mirror is not proof of IW's ability to calculate over usage by non metered dwellings. Even district meters wouldn't do it.
    Ah look MA also claimed in the other threads that if charges were abolished taxes would rise.

• Advertisement

Maybe if you read the thread. It’s only a few pages back.

If you will not even post the relevant post number, then safe to say you actually know this "solution" of yours is a load of rubbish.

Advertisement