Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

dd973 wrote: »
    Any ideas on why Dublin/Irish Gangland is so volatile? Big UK cities, Liverpool and Manchester probably being most similar to Dublin in terms of population, size and culture have long standing underworlds but they are seemingly far more stable with nowhere near the amount of internecine murders over the last 15-20 years.

no one looking to take control of a void that was left I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Thesiger

Any ideas on why Dublin/Irish Gangland is so volatile? Big UK cities, Liverpool and Manchester probably being most similar to Dublin in terms of population, size and culture have long standing underworlds but they are seemingly far more stable with nowhere near the amount of internecine murders over the last 15-20 years.

Is Ireland really so bad these days? We’ve had one gangland related murder this year, albeit a particularly gruesome one. A few botched hits. Even last year, for all the publicity the murders received, wasn’t close to being our worst year. How do the actual stats compare with the UK cities? I can imagine back around 2006-2010 when the southside feud was still going strong and Eamon Dunne was ordering hits left right and centre that Dublin’s murder rate was probably among Europe’s worst, but that was ten years ago now. Then again I know nothing about gangland crime across the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Thesiger wrote: »
    Is Ireland really so bad these days? We’ve had one gangland related murder this year, albeit a particularly gruesome one. A few botched hits. Even last year, for all the publicity the murders received, wasn’t close to being our worst year. How do the actual stats compare with the UK cities? I can imagine back around 2006-2010 when the southside feud was still going strong and Eamon Dunne was ordering hits left right and centre that Dublin’s murder rate was probably among Europe’s worst, but that was ten years ago now. Then again I know nothing about gangland crime across the way.

There were two big murders in the North West a year or two back, Paul Massey and John Kinsella from Salford and Liverpool respectively however they were in situ for donkey's years, a similar case is the Adams family in North London of Irish origins whom are long established, maybe it's because they're almost at the Kinehan level of sophistication and operating, all the other London crime is fragmented across Ethnic and Geographical grounds. Birmingham is similar in that sense as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

There were two big murders in the North West a year or two back, Paul Massey and John Kinsella from Salford and Liverpool respectively however they were in situ for donkey's years, a similar case is the Adams family in North London of Irish origins whom are long established, maybe it's because they're almost at the Kinehan level of sophistication and operating, all the other London crime is fragmented across Ethnic and Geographical grounds. Birmingham is similar in that sense as well.

Manchester was known as Gunchester during the 90s. There was a few big feuds and many died. Moss Side split into two factions, the Gooch and the Doddington. Both black gangs. That was a very violent feud. Cheetham Hill were prominent armed robbers and were fueding too. Another predominantly black gang. The Salford lot led by Manchesters pint sized Mr Big Paul Massey were the most powerful of them all and ran a lot of the pubs and clubs through protection/extortion. They were mostly (if not fully) a white mob. Salford was/is a very moody place. Together with the Noonans they ran the infamous Hacienda. Damien did the door. Even the Gooch and Doddington and the rest of the black gangs respected Salford and Noonans. Massey had contacts all over the UK and Ireland. Paul Ferris the Goddfather of Glasgow was a good friend.

For about 10 years Manchester was bad. Pretty similiar to Dublin in the murder rate i'd say. Maybe slightly less (dont know the stats for sure) but it was a violent city. There was a huge amoung of armed robbery gangs. Banks and armoured cash vans were getting done an almost daily/weekly basis.

Massey was whacked few years back. And his pal Kinsella from Liverpool. Another big Salford feud has been ongoing since. Over 100 shootings in last two years. Not that many fatalities but its simmering away between a few factions looking to take over from Massey.

There is a good book of that era called Manchester Gang Wars by Peter Walsh. I bought it at the time. Very good read for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Don't know if it's the same video I watched but I found it very staged looking, not a drop of blood on that big blade either!

One guy got lifted for it Sunday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

Laugh away, no skin off my nose, AGS are corrupt as fcuk and I stand by that opinion.[/quote]

Where’s your proof of the above please or simply your opinion??

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

anyone know anything about the pictures on that sick videos twitter account about CL being set up by a mate who it names... never heard of him myself. cant post the snap shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    anyone know anything about the pictures on that sick videos twitter account about CL being set up by a mate who it names... never heard of him myself. cant post the snap shots.

I obviously don't know if that information in those posts is true. Whoever originally posted it seems like they have a grudge against the named man.

He is regularly touted as a "rat", though. Suspiciously never gets caught while his associates do etc. He was also close with Eoin Boylan who was killed in November. (There was similar rumours regarding that killing and the named man.) He was recently enough served with a GIM himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,676 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Something significant happening at the Maldron Hotel on Pearse St, a place with some interesting history when it comes to gangland feuds, if I recall correctly.

Four Garda vans, ambulance, fire brigade, unmarked car with three lads flying round with sirens.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Twinkle123

I was sent this, this morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Lord_Slong

Ha ha a big plastic knife.

It isn't a big plastic knife lad. The media reports have it wrong too, he's in a critical condition he might not pull through.

rodmn2377 wrote: »

It's not CL that got stabbed. It's a fella called Kenneth Osborne. He wasn't stabbed over a 100 quid debt either. The ****ing Media don't know their arse from their elbow. He owes a substantial amount, but the fella that stabbed him done Godfather for his child and the fella recording is the brother of a fella who recieved a gruesome death.

CL was meant to be set up in a separate incident and recieved two gunshot wounds. Him and the fella in the picture with him doing the round on WhatsApp (not the the stabbing video) were meant to be on the way to let a few round off at someone, CL supposed friend rang the fella who was lying in wait for them and shot CL.

Syndic wrote: »
    I obviously don't know if that information in those posts is true. Whoever originally posted it seems like they have a grudge against the named man.

He is regularly touted as a "rat", though. Suspiciously never gets caught while his associates do etc. He was also close with Eoin Boylan who was killed in November. (There was similar rumours regarding that killing and the named man.) He was recently enough served with a GIM himself.

Just a heads up lad, he wasn't involved in that stabbing video. Nothing to do with him at all. You're right about the GIM tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

Lord_Slong wrote: »
    Just a heads up lad, he wasn't involved in that stabbing video. Nothing to do with him at all. You're right about the GIM tho.

We're not talking about the stabbing. CL was shot on Saturday in Finglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

It's not CL that got stabbed. It's a fella called Kenneth Osborne. He wasn't stabbed over a 100 quid debt either. The ****ing Media don't know their arse from their elbow. He owes a substantial amount, but the fella that stabbed him done Godfather for his child and the fella recording is the brother of a fella who recieved a gruesome death.

CL was meant to be set up in a separate incident and recieved two gunshot wounds. Him and the fella in the picture with him doing the round on WhatsApp (not the the stabbing video) were meant to be on the way to let a few round off at someone, CL supposed friend rang the fella who was lying in wait for them and shot CL.

That's doubtful who is going to set up a car to be shot at while they are in it, these guys are awful shots at the best of times

That's doubtful who is going to set up a car to be shot at while they are in it, these guys are awful shots at the best of times

You're giving these fellas too much credit lad, not much common sense going amongst them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Manchester has a bigger population than Ireland never mind Dublin.

Those cities are also substantially worse for gang / drug violence and murders, it just doesn't make the national news so you wouldn't hear about it unless you lived there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

2ndcoming wrote: »

Those cities are also substantially worse for gang / drug violence and murders, it just doesn't make the national news so you wouldn't hear about it unless you lived there.

Manchesters city population is actually the same as Dublin. Over 550,000 in each, approx. Add Salford in and some other suburbs and you have a population in Manchester of approx 1.5 million where the areas that all the gang wars have taken place are ; Moss Side, Broughton, Cheetham Hill, Levinshulme, Salford etc. Similiar to Dublin.

Greater Manchester encompasses Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Wigan, Stockport, Rochdale etc. They have nothing to do with the Manchester gang wars.

• Advertisement

Manchesters city population is actually the same as Dublin. Over 550,000 in each, approx. Add Salford in and some other suburbs and you have a population in Manchester of approx 1.5 million where the areas that all the gang wars have taken place are ; Moss Side, Broughton, Cheetham Hill, Levinshulme, Salford etc. Similiar to Dublin.

Greater Manchester encompasses Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Wigan, Stockport, Rochdale etc. They have nothing to do with the Manchester gang wars.

Lads, no offense but will you take the Manchester yap elsewhere. Keep this thread about Irish gangland? Too many people talking absolute pony

Lads, no offense but will you take the Manchester yap elsewhere. Keep this thread about Irish gangland? Too many people talking absolute pony

I thought it was quite interesting myself.

I thought it was quite interesting myself.

It is, but if everyone keeps going off topic the mods will lock the thread. The mods have said it a a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Found in a shallow grave...from MA House nearby?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Found in a shallow grave...from MA House nearby?

Spot on lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭NorthCity

2ndcoming wrote: »

Population of Manchester is 2.8million , Half the population of Ireland

It is, but if everyone keeps going off topic the mods will lock the thread. The mods have said it a a few times.

Good point well made Mr. I have 32 posts and at least two of them are off topic.

Thanks for the guidance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭Robbie Crosby

evening all

• Registered Users Posts: 22,105 ✭✭✭✭Esel

evening all
    Any news for us before you go? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement