Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe - PEEHS

Options
  • 15-07-2019 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d2c6098515a59396bac0675&rid=giphy.gif

As you all may or may not know, I have mad love for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I’ve been messing around with this idea for awhile and was afraid the questions weren’t challenging enough, however if I go too deep I may never come back out so here we are! I hope you all enjoy.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d2c61d1774a677032954b48&rid=giphy.gif

Name a movie in phase 1
    Name a movie in Phase 2
    Name a movie in Phase 3
    Name one of the Infinity Stones
    Name one of the original Avengers
    Name a baddie in one of the Marvel movies
    Name a female Avenger
    Name a male Avenger
    Name a non-human Avenger
    Name a location of one of the infinity stones
    Name one of the new suits in Iron Man 3 (Name not Mark number)
    Name a planet in space
    Name a S.H.I.E.L.D agent
    Name a fighter in Thor:Ragnarok
    Name a place the Avengers fought in
    Name a song from Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1

Bonus question: Name my favourite Marvel movie

So the aim of the game is you’re picking the most unique correct answer. I’ll do the reveal in about two weeks time, I just need to check my roster to see when I’m free. PM your answers in the order they are listed, unnumbered and no Google.

Note: The bonus question will hold no points value and is purely for my own amusement but any aces will win my heart forever ;)

Good luck and god speed, Avengers Assemble! :D

giphy.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Entered. Couple of tough ones there, I'll likely be settling for mid to lower table on this one I think. Good theme idea Skunk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Apologies my dear fellows who have already entered. Edited to correct:

Name a city The Avengers fought in

Changed to

Name a place The Avengers fought in

Thanks for pointing that out in your answer BH, I originally had it as place but changed to city.

You guys can just send me the answer for that one alone, no need to resend them all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Am I allowed to ask when/what the phases mean ? Phase 1,2,3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Blank

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Forever you say......in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

was only wishing someone would do this yesterday! Good woman skunkers!

Submitted. I feel immense pressure and fear rn :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

yep, no idea about what these phases are.

The phases are groups of the films usually topped off by one of the big 'group teamup' movies.

Some phases have more movies in them, some less. I dont know if there is a way to figure out which movies are in which, beyond knowing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Apologies my dear fellows who have already entered. Edited to correct:

Name a city The Avengers fought in

Changed to

Name a place The Avengers fought in

Thanks for pointing that out in your answer BH, I originally had it as place but changed to city.

You guys can just send me the answer for that one alone, no need to resend them all :)

Ha no probs although if im totally honest I was hoping that'd be a good question for me with everyone else falling into the wording hole and missing an obvious answer.

I'd wager the Iron Man 3 question might have a few stumped

• Advertisement

Im ashamed to say i remembered 8 of the IM3 suits names. I can remember looking some of them up during a rewatch.

Baggly wrote: »
    Im ashamed to say i remembered 8 of the IM3 suits names. I can remember looking some of them up during a rewatch.

WOW - I can barely remember Iron Man 3 in general

Its better on a rewatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

For question 5b, "Name a place the Avengers fought in"
    'the' being the definite article, it is only places where the full team which make up 'The avengers' were fighting, or can a smaller subset of the team be acceptable, as, its not very often we get the whole team in one place. and if latter, how small can this subset be.

IMO, 3 Avengers or more and you can say the Avengers fought there. Up to Skunky though.

Good question SK. It can be a smaller subset once they’re acting as the Avengers.

So for example in Ragnarok, Thor and Hulk who are both Avengers are fighting but they’re not acting as the Avengers, they’re acting as the Revengers so that wouldn’t be counted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Can anybody just join this? I've never played, but MCU is close to my heart and it seems interesting...I presume the 'rarest' answers earn the most points?

I'm in.

Your name is Mark Hamill, I think you're destined to say I'm in for the Batman WW thread not this one and somehow wind up behind the role of the Joker.

whatdya mean off topic :pac:

Can anybody just join this? I've never played, but MCU is close to my heart and it seems interesting...I presume the 'rarest' answers earn the most points?

Thats exactly how it works and everyone is welcome to take part in these games

• Advertisement

Everyone is going for the most unique answer, you get the best score if nobody else has yours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'm in so, thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just sent mine in there as well. Thanks.

No cross posting please Skunk.

How we looking Skunk?

She's not talking to you any more Baggly :pac::pac::pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

When is this closing?
    Have to send mine..

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

tusk wrote: »
    She's not talking to you any more Baggly :pac::pac::pac:

giphy.gif

:pac:

Baggly who? :rolleyes:

No it hasn’t gained much attraction to be honest, only about 9 people have entered. Maybe if I put a deadline for it I could scramble a few more people :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

LadySkunk wrote:
    No it hasn’t gained much attraction to be honest, only about 9 people have entered. Maybe if I put a deadline for it I could scramble a few more people

Did we break Sheep/Peehs between us Skunk :(

Only 5 for my Stephen King one too!

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Did we break Sheep/Peehs between us Skunk :(

Only 5 for my Stephen King one too!

Yeah we definitely overdid it, think there was 2 peehs, a sheep and Ectos walrus. The people had to chose :P

Advertisement