Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27881051

Went and viewed this and bought it for €350
    1.4 tdi nct'd until jan 2022. Had a new clutch last year, 4 new tyres. Needed a good clean and will need a service and drop links but nothing major. Cheap motoring :)

Well done! Proper bangernomics motoring!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Folks, anyone for a bangernomics convertible?

Should be available next week for anyone who wants some covid friendly motoring. My winter project is almost complete just want to clean up the interior and then it's good to go.

2001 Renault Megane 1.6L 16v, NCT June 2022, Tax July 2021, 58k miles, new timing belt, water pump, tyres (4xKumho with 300 miles done), roof has been treated, air, oil and fuel filters changed, oil changed, new plugs, new CV boots, front wheel bearing and rear wheel bearing, new discs and pads also with sliders greased, new rear chassis brace fitted, new windscreen due to crack, new wipers, few marks on the paint from shopping trolleys etc, very clean underneath, lather seats, aircon, electric windows, 6 cd changer.

Price is €2,000 but bear in mind it's ready to go and needs nothing. PM me if you're interested. It's not on Donedeal and won't be for another week.

Whats-App-Image-2021-04-21-at-20-23-26.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

ba_barabus wrote: »

Should be available next week for anyone who wants some covid friendly motoring. My winter project is almost complete just want to clean up the interior and then it's good to go.

2001 Renault Megane 1.6L 16v, NCT June 2022, Tax July 2021, 58k miles, new timing belt, water pump, tyres (4xKumho with 300 miles done), roof has been treated, air, oil and fuel filters changed, oil changed, new plugs, new CV boots, front wheel bearing and rear wheel bearing, new discs and pads also with sliders greased, new rear chassis brace fitted, new windscreen due to crack, new wipers, few marks on the paint from shopping trolleys etc, very clean underneath, lather seats, aircon, electric windows, 6 cd changer.

Price is €2,000 but bear in mind it's ready to go and needs nothing. PM me if you're interested. It's not on Donedeal and won't be for another week.

My wife had one just like this for about 5 years. Quite literally the most reliable car thats ever been through the Family. Tires, servicing and brake pads/discs.........that was it. GL with the sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Thats awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

A cracker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Doublebusy

@yamaha4life you got to let us know the mpg on that or klms to a €10 juice - whatever way you want to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

Doublebusy wrote: »
    @yamaha4life you got to let us know the mpg on that or klms to a €10 juice - whatever way you want to do it

I reset the obc when i put €20 in and averaged 60mpg on the drive home, i was surprised at that as the roads were fairly hilly/twisty roads lot of slowing down and speeding up.I didn't really expect much performance wise being 1.4tdi but it's nippy enough but I wouldn't go as far as to say its quick!

I Haven't got a completely true reading for you yet because trying not to drive much until i have it serviced up so still using her car! The parts are estimated delivery 04/05 free delivery is why they take so long!

Driving style has a big impact on mpg though. as the mrs octavia average's 47ish when she drives. if i drive the same trip it will be either 60mpg or just shy of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

85000 miles

II wouldn’t take the seller too seriously, he says it’s a top spec model too, despite it being the basic Royale model.

These Megane II are so undesirable, it’s a €1000 car at best. €2k is bonkers for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah, picked up one around this time last year for my sister, a tidy 2008 diesel hatchback in black with a pan roof, sensible mileage for €900 iirc. €1950 is €1k overpriced even given it's condition. It does look tidy and well presented though, it could be a nice but, for less.

• Advertisement

You always know a good one by the passenger side rear wheelarch condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That Mk2 Megane is way over priced. I know this technically doesn't qualify for this thread but I'd rather spend a little more on this Mk3 that is a year younger and a much more reliable model. The right set of aftermarket alloy wheels would make it a very smart looking car:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-megane-iii-coupe-1-5-diesel/27761778

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bazz26 wrote: »
    That Mk2 Megane is way over priced. I know this technically doesn't qualify for this thread but I'd rather spend a little more on this Mk3 that is a year younger and a much more reliable model. The right set of aftermarket alloy wheels would make it a very smart looking car:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-megane-iii-coupe-1-5-diesel/27761778

They can be got for around 2k like fluence

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

colm_mcm wrote: »
    II wouldn’t take the seller too seriously, he says it’s a top spec model too, despite it being the basic Royale model.
    Agreed. Material seats, and the steering wheel looks like it has no buttons on it. But I'm sure someone will buy it purely because it says so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JCN12

Hi all,

My submission into the Bangernomics market, if anyone's interested. Quite a good deal if I must say so myself! :)

https://touch.adverts.ie/car/vauxhall/astra/2009-vauxhall-astra-nct-01-22-10-21/23609842

• Registered Users Posts: 8,808 ✭✭✭CoBo55

JCN12 wrote: »
    Hi all,

My submission into the Bangernomics market, if anyone's interested. Quite a good deal if I must say so myself! :)

https://touch.adverts.ie/car/vauxhall/astra/2009-vauxhall-astra-nct-01-22-10-21/23609842

Nice honest ad, a bit on the high side price wise but it should sell easily enough.

I dont think the price is too bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Comment_below

I dont think the price is too bad at all.

It's a 12 year old Astra with an engine management light that comes intermittently. A competent mechanic would have programmed out the egr.
    These generation Astras aren't known for their reliability or desirability, there's issues with head gaskets too.

I'm not a condoner of EGR blanking but i dont think it matters a whole lot with that car.

Well written as by what i'd expect is a long term owner, the car looks well presented and in good condition inside and out, loads of tax and NCT, not intergalactic mileage, small diesel engine and driving fine.

€1500 or nearest offer, it's not criminal, specially for an 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

It's a 12 year old Astra with an engine management light that comes intermittently. A competent mechanic would have programmed out the egr.
    These generation Astras aren't known for their reliability or desirability, there's issues with head gaskets too.

A competent mechanic would have drilled a hole in the centre of the blanking plate, Thats usually enough to satisfy the ECU.

Otherwise, at this stage they are no more prone to "issues" than any other car out there at the price/age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭KevRossi

A bit different this one; if anyone is looking for, or knows someone looking for, a wheelchair accessible car then this one has a new NCT and less than 100,000 km on it. It was doing about 2,000 km per year before COVID, so could be a car that's left outside a house for when the children come to take the owner out and about. Quirky looks, quirky colour included. I could have done with this a few years ago.

2003 Multipla, 1.6 petrol, NCT 10/21

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/new-nct-fiat-multipla-57k-wheelchair-friendly/27722285

ZTkyM2RkZjA4ODhjYWM0ZDMxMGZkNDdhMDgwZTRmZmYZVG5hlZouHLEiqc4S6_b9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzYyMDU3MzR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Good find that Fiat. Just tested, you can test it again and get full year test soon.

I hate them and love them at the same time :)

Definitely one for someone in need. Priced well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Its over the limit at 2350.
    2009 Ford Mondeo 1.6
    120000km.
    NCT Feb 22

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-ford-mondeo-1-6-l-nct-amp-taxed/27923061

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Your Face wrote: »
    2009 Ford Mondeo 1.6
    120000km.
    NCT Feb 22

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-ford-mondeo-1-6-l-nct-amp-taxed/27923061

Would have thought thats about 6-700 overpriced. Probably thinking they will get 2000 for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

It's an opening price, clearly there is going to be some bargaining expected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

McCrack wrote: »

Depends on the expectations of the seller. Maybe they think its worth that price and won't budge!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Comment_below

McCrack wrote: »

He's a dealer and says "Priced really competitive for quick sale" in all of his car adverts currently for sale

Your Face wrote: »
    2009 Ford Mondeo 1.6
    120000km.
    NCT Feb 22

The €750 tax kills that to the point where it’s worth less than an 07 or early 08 on the cc based tax IMO.

I think it’s a €1500 car really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The €750 tax kills that to the point where it’s worth less than an 07 or early 08 on the cc based tax IMO.

I think it’s a €1500 car really.

We had one from new, a 2007 1.6l LX. It was almost a nice car but that spec was miserable in ways. And the engine just revved, drank petrol and never did anything but else.

I always hated it however as when my dad brought me along to look it over we test drove a 2l liter diesel Ghia and he loved it. Felt like a roacket ship compare with our '99 Avensis. Arrived home a few weeks later with the LX...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Is the 1.6 Mondeo engine as boring as the 1.6 Focus engine?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement