Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitors contributing to Ireland's Insurance Fraud Culture

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

The solicitor should be liable for the other sides costs in extreme cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

AlekSmart wrote: »
    The Journal appear highly selective in their reporting of this case....one would wonder why ?
    Just seen the Journal article....didn't give his name or use the pictures/footage made available to the Media.
    It really is a rag of a 'news' site

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Six One News has a case example - I'll assume this fella had legal advice.

https://www.thejournal.ie/mibi-case-man-back-pain-4983483-Jan2020/

Fair play to them for getting that video.

He would have been paid had they not.

We need a serious rethink about insurance and claims in this country.

It boils my blood we pay for ******* like that in our premiums.

Enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

The case cited above has been going since 2016. The MIBI will never get a cent from this guy. They will still have all their investigation and defence fees to cover so even though he didnt get paid its still going to cost them likely 10s of thousands. As MIBI is funded by our premiums its costing us 10s of thousands. We have made our own bed and are currently lying in it. I am confident changes are coming but its going to take time. I'm sure the likes of Pearse Doherty will go to town with this case the same way as he goes to town on insurance companies.....

Advertisement