Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Lost Lane on Saturday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Stephen15 wrote: »
    It was a Nigerian rapper playing there. Don't know many Irish who'd go to see a Nigerian rapper.

Most of the Nigerian/African rappers are absolute dog sh1te from my limited listening experience of them.

Woeful

Incidences likes this will hasten the introduction of UK style “door policy” at clubs and bars

In a few years the cretins trying to storm Lost Lane will be lucky to be let into the local spar after 4pm with all the security outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Incidences likes this will hasten the introduction of UK style “door policy” at clubs and bars

What is the UK style door policy? I've always found clubs in the UK to be more lax when it comes to who they let in.

The nationality was probably white Irish like with most problems in Ireland.

No.

You’d wonder why this isn’t a bigger news story in the media

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Makes a nice change from the usual white fella violence in Dublin like every Paddy's night, Halloween, Arthur's Day when that was a thing.

Apparently the bouncers got an awful hiding.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You’d wonder why this isn’t a bigger news story in the media

It was in the Irish Times.

No one was hurt, I think.

How do you think it should have been covered?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Dublin live has seen a video but can’t post it. Must be other videos out there.

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Apparently the bouncers got an awful hiding.

Should’ve let the riot squad go to town on the gang

• Advertisement

Should’ve let the riot squad go to town on the gang

Ah no you couldn't be doing that to the poor craters.

Brian? wrote: »
    It was in the Irish Times.

No one was hurt, I think.

How do you think it should have been covered?

That Irish times article is there true but I wonder was it edited before it published?

No mention on RTÉ yet though. That’s odd

Usually every little dispute in the likes of Dundalk or Monaghan is given the RTÉ treatment. Reporters on scene, analysis, prime time. Etc.

This was a fully armed gang on grafton st.

Hatchets knives petrol bombs and god knows what else.

You’d wonder is there some agenda here of distracting.

“Nothing to see here folks”. Why like?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

What country have you migrated to?

He's in gainful employment, making a meaningful contribution a not receiving state handouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Ah no you couldn't be doing that to the poor craters.

Seemly the gang tried to gain entry to longitude festival but beat a hasty retreat when they saw the private security dog teams on duty ha

Those security dogs can be vicious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

Any confirmation on what we're dealing with here? New Irish or ethnic cousins?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

How do you stop a problem like non integration?

All hands up to them though the petrol bombs add a real Irish twist to this debacle

You mean a terrorist twist. Did they foresee themselves having to fight for their freedom to be served at the bar? That’s a new one to us I’ll choose not to integrate with that on a night out thanks...

“Double vodka Red Bull or I’ll petrol bomb ye”

Is this the new ireland?

“Double vodka Red Bull or I’ll petrol bomb ye”

Is this the new ireland?

A gang of black lads are gonna have a hard time getting in anywhere around town after this. I see a lot of "sorry lads not tonight" in their futures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

How do you stop a problem like non integration?

At first I read this post to the music of "Maria" from the Sound of Music.

https://youtu.be/s-VRyQprlu8 at 49seconds

Then I realised it was a genuine mathematical query.

There ya go fella, don't mention it.

https://www.encyclopediaofmath.org/index.php/Non-linear_integral_equation

• Advertisement

A gang of black lads are gonna have a hard time getting in anywhere around town after this. I see a lot of "sorry lads not tonight" in their futures.

That’s what I mean by Uk style door policy.

Also metal detectors at club entrances etc.

When a minority group gets a rep for causing trouble like that they're ****ed... I've never once met a traveller in a Dublin nightclub in 20 years of going to town, for obvious reasons.

Safely say it’ll be the last time this Nigerian rapper appears there as well

ZX7R wrote: »
    Seemly the gang tried to gain entry to longitude festival but beat a hasty retreat when they saw the private security dog teams on duty ha

You’re talking heightened threat level security nowadays. It’s not like micheal is trying to smuggle his flagon of cider down the front of his stone wash lee jeans

Bobblehats wrote: »
    You’re talking heightened threat level security nowadays. It’s not like micheal is trying to smuggle his flagon of cider down the front of his stone wash lee jeans

Or even paddy and sinead smokin a cheeky doob

Things have got so bad - major levels of security required it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I saw a video for this on a Facebook group but the thread was deleted by mods after it descended into racist comments. There are ways to discuss these issues without resorting to racist comments. Even the poster of the video twisted the story stating 40 men attacked concert goers. A reporter from Dublin Live is a member of the same group, infact she's a member of almost all Dublin groups. This is where they get their stories. Dublin Live seems to have gotten it's "facts" from the video poster, where the Times seem to have actually investigated the story.

The video was shot by a guy drinking/smoking outside a pub next door. None of the people drinking outside seemed put out by this gang. It showed 20 or less teenage males & one teenage female, leave the venue all at the same time. Most of the males wore hoodies & the female wore a dress. She looked like she was dressed for clubbing where the guys wore street clothes like tracksuit bottoms. Almost all the guys wore black. They left peacefully enough.

They didn't randomly attack concert goers. It seems they tried to push through the doors without paying & door staff held them back. One door staff member was injured. Once Gardai were called the gang left & it seems they left their weapons for fear the gardai might search them. The video didn't show any violence at all, well one drinker outside tried to trip up a few as they left. That was it. Rather disappointing video tbh

I'd welcome metal detectors alright, the tramps always have a way around it though. There was a fella stabbed to death in a London night club with a carbon fibre knife a few months ago.

What was once Dublin’s most exclusive club has officially lost its lustre. For one night at least; lost lane indeed classy 1920s style refurbishment but it went to the dogs I can see just how in demand that sort of artíste may well be in modern day Ireland but the booking agent still needs their head examined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I saw a video for this on a Facebook group but the thread was deleted by mods after it descended into racist comments. There are ways to discuss these issues without resorting to racist comments. Even the poster of the video twisted the story stating 40 men attacked concert goers. A reporter from Dublin Live is a member of the same group, infact she's a member of almost all Dublin groups. This is where they get their stories. Dublin Live seems to have gotten it's "facts" from the video poster, where the Times seem to have actually investigated the story.

The video was shot by a guy drinking/smoking outside a pub next door. None of the people drinking outside seemed put out by this gang. It showed 20 or less teenage males & one teenage female, leave the venue all at the same time. Most of the males wore hoodies & the female wore a dress. She looked like she was dressed for clubbing where the guys wore street clothes like tracksuit bottoms. Almost all the guys wore black. They left peacefully enough.

They didn't randomly attack concert goers. It seems they tried to push through the doors without paying & door staff held them back. One door staff member was injured. Once Gardai were called the gang left & it seems they left their weapons for fear the gardai might search them. The video didn't show any violence at all, well one drinker outside tried to trip up a few as they left. That was it. Rather disappointing video tbh

Ah so they were immigrants that attack the place. Guess all the libtards hoping it was evil white people are wrong as usual.

Just wanted a night out. The scum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

What attack? Were they definitely all African?

Jumping to conclusions and making statements of fact based on nothing is as annoying as "but muh white Irish violence".

Advertisement