Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman was claiming Trump banned Epstein from his resorts in the year 2000, and commented he made reference to Epstein liking them young in 2002.

I'm curious why he omitted that Trump - in that same sentence - called Epstein a "terrific guy", and why he is claiming Trump banned Epstein in 2000 when I've yet to see anything referencing this.

Sure he’s said terrific guy about dictators he has no regard for, staff members ge’s sacked after any media worthy screwup.

The year of banning was from an article I read in 2016 im trying to re find, at the time the story broke, the last photo of trump and epstein together is 2000 at mar-a-lago and apparantly this was the party where he barred him , i promise ill dig it out over the next few days and its not from breitbart or some other hellhole. In 2016 when asked about him he vowed they hadnt spoken in over 15 years which also lines up. Also if the safe of blackmail was holding evidence on trump you’d imagine epstein would wave it around for a pardon / to quash the story.

The reality of it is epstein is a super predator, everyone can acknowledge that and not a single person on either side of the aisle is defending this child molesting dirtbag. Leaving party politics and other feelings about trump aside, there is literally no evidence of trump hindering the man being brought to full justice and its even prosecutors who would be friends of trump lushing to get this man off the streets. Regardless of what happens , if the court system under trump and the political motivation is there to put epstein away till the day he dies , I think we can all agree thats a damn win for the american justice system and all those girls , regardles of which politicians prosper under it I think getting epstein infront of a judge and behind bars should superseed any feelings about any current, former or hopefull candidate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Labor Secretary Acosta makes statement, answers questions on Epstein case

Acosta lying bull****ting scumbag. I have listened to some of this and this guy is not telling the truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

This is from back in January. Well worth a listen

Jeffrey Epstein made a name for himself as a mysterious money manager with friends in very high places, from Bill Clinton to Donald Trump, British royalty and more. His firm refused to do business with anyone worth less than one billion dollars, and Epstein traveled the globe, often throwing exclusive parties on his own private island. Yet this jet-setting money whiz was also dogged by rumors -- rumors of ongoing sexual abuse with multiple victims. At least some of these rumors turned out to be true. Any other person would have spent years in jail ...so why is Jeffrey Epstein walking free today? Tune in to learn more.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/stuff-they-dont-want-you-to-know/id732915228?i=1000427009614

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

His interrogations probably go something like this scene at 1:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Acosta resigns. Good riddance he is a lying scumbag. His conference was spin from beginning to end.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/12/labor-secretary-alex-acosta-resigned-amid-jeffrey-epstein-fallout/1681245001/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I guess it is best Acosta steps aside. And I hope a REAL investigation is made into Acosta’s plea deal in 2008. I think if all things come out in the end it will be shown he made the deal at the urging of high ranking government officials because Hillary Clinton was running for president against Barack Obama and they didn’t want anything influencing the election process as Bill Clinton was up to his eyeballs in Epstein’s shenanigans.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Is it not the case that Acosta was informed by his higher ups that Epstein was an Intelligence Asset and that was the reason for the Non Prosecution deal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

That story of Trump and Epstein having a party with just the two of them and 28 girls is one they'll want to hope doesn't gather steam. He and Clinton have both come out quickly to get ahead of this, but it's clear who it stands to hurt the most if allegations are true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jeez the artwork some of these guys have in their houses is sick to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That story of Trump and Epstein hwvi g a party with just the two of them and 28 girls is one they'll want to hope doesn't gather steam. He and Clinton have both come out quickly to get ahead of this, but it's clear who it stands to hurt the most if allegations are true.

What's wrong with partying with loads of women. Put your hands up for Detroit anyone, We gonna lock up Fredde le Grand next...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Is it not the case that Acosta was informed by his higher ups that Epstein was an Intelligence Asset and that was the reason for the Non Prosecution deal?

I think he did claim something like that originally. One has to wonder what crimes could have been so much more serious than forced prostitution of minors to justify his own exemptions. Especially as there don't seem to have been any significant arrests related to this "intelligence" that he was providing AFAIAA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Jeez the artwork some of these guys have in their houses is sick to say the least.

Yep, very telling.

That story of Trump and Epstein hwvi g a party with just the two of them and 28 girls is one they'll want to hope doesn't gather steam. He and Clinton have both come out quickly to get ahead of this, but it's clear who it stands to hurt the most if allegations are true.

What's wrong with partying with loads of women. Put your hands up for Detroit anyone, We gonna lock up Fredde le Grand next...
    It all depends on if these girls were over age or, as trump put it, the type Epstein liked.

This is the peculiar thing with this whole debacle, while those in the left and in the centre seem to be of the opinion that, while we are awaiting evidence to come out, anyone involved -be it Trump, Clinton, or anyone else- should go to jail. Yet on the right, Trump supporters, also without access to the evidence, seem stuck between declaring that Clinton is surely guilty and should go to jail but that Trump is surely innocent and is being smeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Not women. Children drunkmonkey, children...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Prince Andrew may be soon having holidays in a country with no extradition agreement.

"Diplomatic immunity", same with Mark Thatcher

Call me Al wrote: »

Who had a party with children? These were models I thought. You can hire 20 models tonight and invite them to your party. Your not breaking any laws.
    They both had mode agencies, sounds like a staff party to me.

??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Who had a party with children? These were models I thought. You can hire 20 models tonight and invite them to your party. Your not breaking any laws.

Jeremy Epstein had numerous parties involving girls as young as 14. Bill Clinton and Trump were friends of Epstein and attended many of his parties at this time. Trump is on record saying he was friends with guy for 15 years.

What we don’t know is whether underage girls were at any of parties trump attended. But to be honest Trump knew exactly what this guy was up to (serial child molester and trafficker) and still socialized with him regularly. That should bother you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,841 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Seems to me this is already slowly dying a death. Will be out of news in couple of days and he'll face no charges, or a slight charge to make it look like he's being punished, he's too well connected. The hustle behind the scenes to free him must be unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

The hustle behind the scenes to free him must be unreal.

He is a man that knows to much to be prosecuted. He doesnt look like the type to do hard time. There are easier options for those in power to put this loose end to rest. He looks like Jimmy Saville for the Elite and Wealthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

I merely googled this now (this story is ever changing) but the reports say calendar girls, which I take as adult swimwear models.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭volchitsa

A staff party? You think 20-odd 16-20* year olds actually want to have sex with two forty or fifty year olds? As opposed to believing (probably correctly) that it's their best, perhaps their only, chance of getting a break in the modelling business?

This is typical of why this abuse happens: it's not just the men themselves, it's a section of society in general that thinks of these girls as objects for men's gratification, a reward for being wealthy. Epstein's wishes matter, while those of the girls are entirely non existent in some people's minds. I suspect it's a sort of projection, like someone reading a glossy magazine and fantasising that they live that life themselves.

*'And that's assuming none were younger, though its alleged that several were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Hmm. It’s trye that there is an imbalance in a relationship between an older business man and a 20 year old calendar girl, but it’s not child abuse.

So now you think women are agest and will only sleep with older guys for money or to better their career. Who was exploiting who exactly?

I linked an article by the Miami Herald on the previous page of this thread it’s worth a read, the guy was paying 14 - 20 year old girls in return for sexual acts.

Here it is, it’s a ten minute read but it’s worth it, has all the info on Epstein, Acosta and the plea deal he got. https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html

MadYaker wrote: »
    I linked an article by the Miami Herald on the previous page of this thread it’s worth a read, the guy was paying 14 - 20 year old girls in return for sexual acts.

So in the article it says Trump was paying underage girls?

MadYaker wrote: »

So in the article it says Trump was paying underage girls?
    Pretty sure he's talking about Epstein, but you really are helping to show what I was talking about re Trump supporters eagerness to claim he is innocent and this is a smear, yet simultaneously his political enemies are also guilty.

Most everyone else seems to want to actually find out who has been involved here - be it Trump, Clinton, non political figures, or anyone else - and see them brought to jutice. I'm curious why it is that you (or Trump supporters generally) seem to feel it is your duty to defend Trump without knowledge of the facts?

• Advertisement

I'm curious why it is that you (or Trump supporters generally) seem to feel it is your duty to defend Trump without knowledge of the facts?

You're arguing without facts. Accusations of child rape require facts. Defence of that accusation does not.

Advertisement