Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time to stop being annoyed or outraged by idiots online?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,017 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

biko wrote: »
    Outrage journalism is the latest after click-bait journalism.
    Anything to get people to click the links.

Agreed. Another thing to be wary about any article which is pretty much titled

"people are outraged by blah blah been cast as whoever"

Good chance nobody is outraged and the twitter accounts they have linked to to highlight the supposed outrage are nobodies. However when it comes to so much US culture wars that does not matter, got to get the hot takes for retweets. Blah blah..white privledge,,,tolerant left,,sjws...NAZIS...shariah law" you know the usual buzzwords. :pac:

Bill Maher nailed this much better than I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,112 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yip, that about sums it all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,266 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yes people spend to much time engaging with online idiots. Some people love a fight/battle tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

They don't actually leave the rest of us waiting on trolleys with suspected bleeding on the brain either.

I agree with you but have you read "Rate my Hospital " comments?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Amirani wrote: »
    I'm guessing you haven't been to A&E in a third world country, because if you had then you wouldn't be making comments like this.

I have. If you have cash it is fine actually. Probably not great for the majority of locals though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Sites like here and the Journal are filled with mouth-breathing morons. Most of them have no job, no partner, and no hope. So they just spend their days complaining, ranting, and soapboxing. Very easy lads to wind up as well I’ve noticed. You wouldn’t be dealing with our intellectual elite.

Couldn't agree more - its given a platform for people who, in the past, would have met up in some sh1thole pub and slagged off everyone and anyone, to now feel they have a voice worth listening to and spout utter bollocks and tripe all day long.

The journal is particularly bad, no matter the article, some plebite posts some bitchy & idiotic remark and all hell breaks loose.

Its like monkeys with uzi's...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

klaaaz wrote: »
    It's understandable that one of the men involved in the misery of the major economic crash would have anger directed at him.

And you don't see anything inappropriate with venting that 'anger' when the object is fighting for his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

And you don't see anything inappropriate with venting that 'anger' when the object is fighting for his life.

I said that it was understandable, I didn't justify it. Rather than attack the messenger, attack the Twitterati who post stuff like that over there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭rireland

My PHI costs me €2.10 a day. Excellent value for money. That's less than I pay for the flat white that I enjoy daily as I study the latest drivel from Fintan O'Toole and Una Mullally in the free Irish Times provided by my local coffee bar.

Best wishes to Biffo though - he's far too young to die.

You don't get anything daily for your 2.10.

Advertisement