Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

KKkitty wrote: »
    Will it even change when Vince is gone?

Most likely not

• Registered Users Posts: 60,327 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So has Prichard to give up his podcast now.

So has Prichard to give up his podcast now.

Hes not 'talent'

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ThePott wrote: »
    Apparently it's been said that the contributing factor was an Instagram Ad that Lana did for Bang Energy Drinks.

Well surprisingly not..

https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/1302304614012710912
    I am not the straw that broke the camel’s back. You know who you are and that is false ....... but thank you for writing about me.... all of you. I am your escape goat

Paige stands to lose about 10k a week from her Twitch stream.

Some of the talent probably make more from 3rd party stuff than they do from Vince.

• Advertisement

Paige stands to lose about 10k a week from her Twitch stream.

Some of the talent probably make more from 3rd party stuff than they do from Vince.

How much does she usually make a week?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    How much does she usually make a week?

A quick Google say her basic annual salary is 250k for she would earn double that from Twitch alone, Not adding in any of the other 3rd party stuff she does.

Main roster female talent other than Becky and Charlotte who have basic of a million plus earn 100k to 350k basic a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

A quick Google say her basic annual salary is 250k for she would earn double that from Twitch alone, Not adding in any of the other 3rd party stuff she does.

Main roster female talent other than Becky and Charlotte who have basic of a million plus earn 100k to 350k basic a year.

How does Paige earn that much from wwe? She’s retired from in ring and barely appears on screen anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Escape goat :D

TimesArrow wrote: »
    How does Paige earn that much from wwe? She’s retired from in ring and barely appears on screen anymore

Probably still on the contract she signed when wrestling perhaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,832 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does she not still do the Fox show?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Does she not still do the Fox show?

That was cancelled.

Although Renee is still contracted to Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,473 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The wwe statement regarding this whole issue was as tone deaf as you can be. Jesus Vince is so out of touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I noticed people who are not wrestlers speaking out against it like Maria Kanellis, Kevin Nash, and Mick Foley. Perhaps something good might come of it if these people drawing attention to the matter and force WWE to reconsider. Probably doubtful WWE would listen, but does WWE really want bad press from this?

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I noticed people who are not wrestlers speaking out against it like Maria Kanellis, Kevin Nash, and Mick Foley. Perhaps something good might come of it if these people drawing attention to the matter and force WWE to reconsider. Probably doubtful WWE would listen, but does WWE really want bad press from this?

Vince will create his own Caneo and Twitch. And take his cut

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Vince will create his own Cameo and Twitch.

And Onlyfans.

Woods makes about 1k a day from his Youtube UPUPDOWNDOWN channel with 2 million plus subscribers.

Woods makes about 1k a day from his Youtube UPUPDOWNDOWN channel with 2 million plus subscribers.

There's money to be made in gaming.

What's the deal with Creed's channel, is it WWE owned, or does he just licence it to the company?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There's money to be made in gaming.

What's the deal with Creed's channel, is it WWE owned, or does he just licence it to the company?

It’s creeds channel he’s had it for years he just lets WWE piggyback on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Hahahahaha! The escape goat!!!!!

Idiot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Miro not happy with meltzer over the Lana rumours

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1302815470173728774?s=20

To be fair, Meltzer may be right and Miro, Lana may just be obvlious.

I reckon its the AJ thing myself though.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    To be fair, Meltzer may be right and Miro, Lana may just be obvlious.

I reckon its the AJ thing myself though.

Lana has been flaunting it for years without issue, why would they care now?

I agree on it being AJ. Him casually chatting about Covid and backstage politics will worry them far more than Lana in a bikini.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lana has been flaunting it for years without issue, why would they care now?

I agree on it being AJ. Him casually chatting about Covid and backstage politics will worry them far more than Lana in a bikini.

Only way I feel they’d care more about Lana thing is if they have an energy drink sponsor who reached out complaining

Look like the WWE have backed down a bit Superstars can continue to use their Twitch and YouTube accounts however they can't use WWE trademarked names they must use their real names.

Still no clarity on other social media accounts.
    "Much like Disney and Warner Bros., WWE creates, promotes and invests in its intellectual property, i.e. the stage names of performers like The Fiend Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Big E and Braun Strowman. It is the control and exploitation of these characters that allows WWE to drive revenue, which in turn enables the company to compensate performers at the highest levels in the sports entertainment industry. Notwithstanding the contractual language, it is imperative for the success of our company to protect our greatest assets and establish partnerships with third parties on a companywide basis, rather than at the individual level, which as a result will provide more value for all involved."

Can't stand Nia but she's bang on calling WWE out on their airbrushing and facetuning...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE4MEVshWdl/

It's not like it's women exclusive either. The likes of Brock and Drew get touched up to laughable levels also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Austin Creed was very smart about how he set up his social media, and his YouTube. Any time a wrestler came on, he made them choose a nickname. No WWE trademarked wrestling names.

NXT's stalker is in jail and still contacting the WWE they sent the court a letter he sent them.

Part of me thinks tangles like the Retribution one will enable these nutjobs even more to think they can stalk and attack WWE talent.

• Advertisement

The Second Circuit Court of Appeals today affirmed the dismissal of all the CTE cases filed against WWE by former wrestlers.

Advertisement