Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If you didnt know who Sonya was you would easily think its a plot for some horror movie, even when she couldnt start the car or when they ran towards the garage etc.

She did the right thing by getting out of there because i know some people might say "oh she is a wrestler she could have kicked the **** out of him" but he could have had a knife or gun etc.

Theres a story about Vince, where he is entering his jet and I suddenly a crazed fan is running towards the plane screaming his name.

Vince is ready to kick his ass, but hes tackled by security who then find a gun on him. It scared Vince immensely apparently and made him think twice about tackling anyone himself

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is that a trial run? Assumed it would be live. Also would explain why people are appearing multiple times

Yeah they trialed it for 205 live and then it’ll go live on Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Theres a story about Vince, where he is entering his jet and I suddenly a crazed fan is running towards the plane screaming his name.

Vince is ready to kick his ass, but hes tackled by security who then find a gun on him. It scared Vince immensely apparently and made him think twice about tackling anyone himself

All I can think about is Dimebag Darrell's death. Shot by a fan on stage. Just like that his life was ended by a crazed fan.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    All I can think about is Dimebag Darrell's death. Shot by a fan on stage. Just like that his life was ended by a crazed fan.

Funny you should say that, I got the above anecdote from Jerichos book, in which he states his own fear of crazed fans comes from the Dimebag incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭ThePott

Footage from the trial and some surveillance footage from the break-in
    https://streamable.com/5c4ymh

Terrifying stuff, it is crazy how close this came to being the worst case scenario. Glad both Mandy and Sonya came out of it okay, I have to assume that the storyline is being positioned to give Sonya some time away to recover and deal with any upcoming trial stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Cliff notes from Moxley's interview on WOR.
    Past few days have been hectic at the Moxley household, Renee has been doing a photoshoot for her cookbook, there's food all over in the house, Moxley doing 5-6 trips to the supermarket and messaging Renee "What is a shallot?"

First two months of 2020 has been insane in terms of travelling going from Sapporo, Memphis, Cleveland, Osaka & Texas

2020 before the pandemic was gonna be insane with Dynamite every Wednesday, going to Europe (Yes AEW/UK Tour), Japan, Indie Shows, opponents outside of AEW & bringing the belt everywhere

Originally his contract with WWE was suppose to end in September 2018 but WWE added more months due to his injury which coincidently 3 weeks before Double or Nothing that's literally in Las Vegas where he currently resides

Tony Khan & Cody came to his house laying out the details of AEW (TNT/Booking) and was onboard for the ride

Currently has no deal with Japan, he originally had a deal set in place from June till WrestleKingdom (Original Plan for WK beat up Juice, young boy from the New Japan Dojo, out comes Karl Anderson stun guns Moxley) & was for that specific run. The situation now is a verbal deal they know he can't work Wednesdays due to Dynamite but when he is available in terms of scheduling he'll be down to wrestle in Japan

Actually wanted to do some work for New Japan, Rocky Romero called him up and was onboard

As talks progressed with New Japan, Rocky suggested "how about G-1? that would be sick", initially wasn't gonna do it, as the conversation ended 10 minutes later was down to do it

Prior to G-1 he wasn't in the best shape after he left WWE (only been wrestling 6-man tag team matches or 4minute matches), knowing that he'll be wrestling 20-30mins matches in Japan he called Gil Guardado (Strength & Conditioning Coach from Xtreme Couture) in preparation for the G-1 tournament he was put on a full Pro-MMA Fight Camp schedule 5 days a week, sometimes twice a day which later become beneficial when he wrestled Tomohiro Ishii

Last few months of WWE when it was public knowledge he was gonna leave, he was waiting for something bad to happen like a burial but that never happened and WWE gave him a sending off

Was initially worried if fans were gonna cheer or boo because of being in WWE for a long time

Has so much gratitude for the people that chanted MOX on that night of Double or Nothing

New Japan's vignette of Moxley was a stunt double, name death-rider came from the jacket that was found from goodwill

Covid/Renee Situation - apparently someone from Orlando had Covid, everyone got tested, came back negative, She flew back home, after 5-6 days se wasn't feeling the very best, couldn't get out of bed, eventually got the test, had people come over to their house to get the test via Insurance (Ready Responders), already pulled out of Dynamite taping in advance if anything happens, 36 hours later about 11pm-12am as they were about to go to bed, they received an email (Mox was negative & Renee positive), during the quarantine Mox slept on the couch during the time while she recovered and was fine afterwards

Moxley: "They've got a kajilion dollars and they couldn't afford a couple of tests?"

Had to pull out from another taping (Fyter Fest) due to the positive result from Renee but Taz made him feel better with the Sloppy Shop Line

His AEW Champion run feels meaningful from breaking out of the prison to the winning the championship, His WWE Championship run felt like an 'Emergency Situation' (Roman Reigns Wellness Policy), they needed someone to carry the company during the summertime mainevent Sumo Hall & MSG but felt hollow

While WWE champion he didn't get a new T-Shirt, was talking to the merchandise people, they were re-making shirts with different colours, "Why isn't there any new T-shirts?" says Mox, merchandise people reply "Dude we've sent 25 different designs to Hunter and he just keeps rejecting them all", "I'm freaking WWE champion give me a ****ing t-shirt!"

Still hates scripted promos (the one thing he hated during his time in WWE, having writers write stuff for him), a runsheet/format for AEW would be 'Jon Moxley Promo 2 Minutes' not 48 pages

Moxley: Nothing is gonna change until one person is gone (VKM), has watched some of WWE during the pandemic and is kind of relieved he isn't still there "could you have imagine if it would be any good?"

Moxley thinks the thunderdome looked like zoom call and reminded him something from a particular part from the book 'Fahrenheit 451'

Moxley "I want WWE to be awesome but when they suck it pisses me off, they're the number 1 brand of wrestling to watch, they represent the sport and when there product is embarrassing to watch it makes all wrestling look bad, driving away fans from the sport that could be WWE/AEW fans"

First three opponents were random Hager (done in two hours), Brodie came out of no-where (originally was to have an opponent for Double or Nothing - wasn't disclosed who) and Brian Cage

Meltzer/Moxley agreed that Stadium Stampede was awesome, super entertaining and fun during a time when people were feeling miserable in a pandemic this was need to cheer people up

Meltzer/Garret talk NXT unopposed show's ratings, why didn't the female demographic increase while the male demographic increased? Moxley replies two words Jungle Boy

Moxley asks for Dave's opinion with the current situation WWE's ratings going down "If things don't change (VKM/booking/stories) is it possible AEW could overtake WWE as the most watched show in five years?" Dave believes short term AEW could beat Smackdown's 18-49 demographics (but not viewers) if they moved to Friday and prove to be more valuable to FOX, If WWE continue to go down this same route, the numbers will decrease whilst AEW's will increase, WWE will have to make changes quicker inside of five years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I guess we'll just have to pretend that these two weren't in a house together as friends a week ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CENfUXPp2W5/
    Tomorrow will be my first time competing at #Summerslam. I gave Sonya one last chance to forget about all of this and realize what we had is far more important. BUT clearly her selfishness and display of cowardice took over and instead she had to “up the anti.” Hmm... smells like a whole lot of BS to me. See ya tomorrow bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

I would watch that underground fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,021 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I would watch that underground fight.

Coked out Shane o mac would ruin it with his shouting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

How anyone can hate Otis is beyond me. He's just too likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jealousy because he eats what he wants and got Mandy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

One of the very few times I can stomach a Bully Ray tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,125 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mox number 1 on the PWI 500.

2) Adam Cole

3) Jericho

4) Drew

5) Naito

6) Okada

7) Cody

8) Seth

9) Kofi

10) AJ Styles

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It sucks to see wrestlers fighting with fans over Twitter. Like, you didn't "show him", you told him that you value his opinion enough to broadcast it to the world. You didn't win mate, by addressing it you automatically lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Bully Ray is Ben Stiller in extras when he is talking about kissing cameron diaz and smacking jennifer anniston on the arse.

sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

bullet bob has passed away

only really seen him in TNA with his son but always seems so respected by the older wrestlers

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1299185097229377536?s=20

If you get a chance watch You Can't Kill David Arquette, It is a fantastic, strange and sad documentary looking at how his life and career went on a downward spiral thanks to getting involved in wrestling really.

So just finding out today that Dewey Foley is the lead writer for 205 Live with Adam Pearce as writer/Agent when did this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,125 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

WWE must have confirmed a Saudi show behind the scenes...

https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/1300121953097994245

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Have the Saudis settled the last bill?

Renee shoots on the WWE on Sports Illustrated about them not caring about her contracting Covid and we more pissed that she made public.

Renee shoots on the WWE on Sports Illustrated about them not caring about her contracting Covid and we more pissed that she made public.

Nothing we didnt already know from Mox.

Bad for PR or something :rolleyes:, diabolical state of that company, more concerned about their image than an employe independent contractors well being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Akam and Reza both released. Feels like they hardly scratched the surface with them.

Advertisement