Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Delighted to see Josh Barnett vs Moxley announced for Bloodsport III after Mox was forced to pull out last time due to an infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Wouldn't be for me, but of all things to have a go at Tessa at this week, this is an odd one. Who cares what she did if this lad wanted it and she was happy to?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

leggo wrote: »
    Wouldn't be for me, but of all things to have a go at Tessa at this week, this is an odd one. Who cares what she did if this lad wanted it and she was happy to?

I gave her a fiver to fart in a zip-lock bag. True story. Pass it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Oh come on now Leggo :pac:
    Selling the audio of someone taking a sh*t. We all know wrestlers are workers (that being great for working people for money) but this is mad :pac:

It’s weird like, but people are into mad ****. I dunno maybe I’m immunised because I’ve worked in an adult store so nothing really shocks me and I wouldn’t judge people who are both happy to go along with something. Plus it’s been a big week for ‘Bash Tessa’ stories that to focus on one thing that harmed nobody is a bit random when there’s plenty she’s done that actually has harmed people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭ThePott

How would this even be provable as Tessa?
    Seems kinda like people just taking an opportunity to dump on her :pac:

I'd bet money this is some nonsense pushed by 4chan

• Registered Users Posts: 60,459 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Major League Wrestling Signs With ICM Partners As It Eyes New TV/Streaming Deals & Launches Studio
    EXCLUSIVE: ICM Partners has signed Major League Wrestling with an eye toward negotiating new broadcast and streaming deals for the professional wrestling league whose TV rights become available this spring. ICM Partners will also represent MLW’s newly launched MLW Studios, a multi-platform media studio focusing on original scripted and non-scripted programming.

Founded in 2002 by former WWE writer Court Bauer, MLW was dormant between 2004 and 2017. The league has been on the rise since the April 2018 launch of MLW Fusion, a weekly television show on BeIN Sports. At that time, MLW also started a working relationship with Mexican promotion Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide.

The MLW agency signing comes amid growing appetite for live sports — and wrestling in particular — among traditional and streaming networks. It comes on the heels of rich rights deals the WWE signed with USA Network (for Raw) and Fox Entertainment (for SmackDown) and the big pact AEW signed with WarnerMedia

MLW, which relies on realistic storytelling and targets millennial and Latino audiences, currently airs weekly on beIN Sports in English and in Spanish. The league showed growth of over 43% in total viewers from 2018 to 2019, and their weekly hourlong Fusion series reaches over 2.5 million viewers on beIN Sports.

Based in New York, MLW produces live events and original shoulder programming for television, OTT and digital platforms in English and English and is currently distributed in 14 countries and counting.

“As the only free agent in the wrestling space in 2020, MLW is in a unique position in the television landscape,” said Bauer, creator and CEO, Major League Wrestling. “MLW provides an extraordinary entertainment experience, showcasing some of the sport’s most storied and iconic families, embracing the Mexican lucha libre culture and presenting original content in a 360 manner.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/major-league-wrestling-signs-icm-partners-eyes-new-tv-streaming-deals-launches-studio-1202829877/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ok this is fecking disgusting... but people are saying there that there is audio of Tessa Blanchard taking a crap for a fan who has some dirty kinky fetish. Like selling him the audio. The same as crap (pun intended) that another female nxt wrestler was doing. But I guess this guy wants to hear and not just see lol!

... fu*k off.... that's mental.

It was played on the Jim cornette drive thru last night and it was some of the most weird audio I'd heard on any wrestling. Well cornette was clear(several times) that the Audio is alleged to be of tessa Blanchard but they weren't saying it was. I mean I wasn't surprised that a question about tessa Blanchard would be asked and Jim answered it well and also touched on tully and his dad. I never say the audio coming.

It is insane alright.
    Like, wrestlers sell their gimmicks and we all understand that. Tshirts, Autographs, etc. But this?! :pac: Didn't she realise it would come out? and what would people think when it did? Seeing as how that NXT wrestler was accused of doing the same this very well might be a thing women wrestlers do :eek:

It’s mad how someone offered another human money for audio of them taking a ****, and for some reason they’re not the ones being portrayed as the weirdo here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,459 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone watch the David Benoit interview with Chris Van Vliet?

Reading reports Van Vilet did a great job interviewing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

If the aim of the interview was to produce some really unsettling quotes from a man who might urgently need psychological help then I'd say the interview was a big hit.

To be fair, he seems to have a better handle of it than most fans. The majority of fans just want to forget Benoit and pretend he never happened, or you get the minority flip side who think they’re gas saying stuff like ‘Benoit for HOF’ for shock value and attention. David looks at it like his dad was his hero, suffered from CTE and did something insane and totally out of character as a result (which is proven and undisputed at this stage), and he still is his hero because he identifies that that wasn’t his Dad and instead a guy with the brain of an 80yo Alzheimer’s patient. That’s about as well as you could expect someone who has to deal with this firsthand.

Now the dude also clearly isn’t all there and has no real intention of becoming a wrestler (even if he thinks he does). He seems to be on the spectrum and not good at realising how people will feel about his decisions. But that’s more of a learning disability than the sign of a guy in need of psychological help. If I was his family, I’d be trying to have a chat and impress this stuff upon him. But tbh they’re probably just happy he’s in a somewhat good place with it, you don’t mess with how someone grieves over stuff like dead parents etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,783 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Was a decent interview when you consider the lad isn't a wrestler or involved in the business apart from Chris Benoit being his father and clearly isn't comfortable talking in front of a camera. Van Vilet does a good job interviewing him.

Bit mad that they actually got the police to look into Kevin Sullivan's potential involvement in what happened. Guessing it's standard enough procedure but still a shock to the Taskmaster I'm sure!

Bit mad that they actually got the police to look into Kevin Sullivan's potential involvement in what happened. Guessing it's standard enough procedure but still a shock to the Taskmaster I'm sure!

Wait wasn't that just something that was online about Kevin Sullivan's involvement ? He lives/lived miles away from Atlanta(he lived on an island last I heard) and he had no kids with Nancy so why would he have any connection with this case ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wait wasn't that just something that was online about Kevin Sullivan's involvement ? He lives/lived miles away from Atlanta(he lived on an island last I heard) and he had no kids with Nancy so why would he have any connection with this case ?

Benoit said in the interview that the police investigated the possibility of Sullivan being involved.

It’s mad how someone offered another human money for audio of them taking a ****, and for some reason they’re not the ones being portrayed as the weirdo here.

Hes a freak.
    She'd clearly do anything for a dollar. If you're willing to record that audio then you've already crossed a lot of thresholds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Benoit said in the interview that the police investigated the possibility of Sullivan being involved.

I have several spare grains of salt if anyone needs one... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Hes a freak.
    She'd clearly do anything for a dollar. If you're willing to record that audio then you've already crossed a lot of thresholds.

Agree. It's well known there are a lot of freaks on the internet generally, doesn't mean you should encourage them. Makes Sunny's online activities seem normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

From Dave Meltzer on Twitter, Rocky Johnson has passed away.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1217572990528835584
    What horrible news, Rocky Johnson passed away, Dwayne's father. Our best to Dwayne, Ricky, Ata and the entire family.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,674 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

akk3qw1jd7b41.jpg

I hope it's fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Has to be fake. I base that on the fact that Cole seems unable to just say "Kane", "Bray Wyatt" or "The Fiend". It's always "The Demon Kane" and "The Fiend Bray Wyatt"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Should Bray have the other title belt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

sky88 wrote: »

yeah I'm sure he wants to honour his dad but someone close to him needs to explain to him why Owen hart has a better chance of being inducted into the hall of fame than Benoit has.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

yeah I'm sure he wants to honour his dad but someone close to him needs to explain to him why Owen hart has a better chance of being inducted into the hall of fame than Benoit has.

I would be of the opinion that someone in WWE needs to firmly dash those hopes. Fobbing off doesn't work on something like this.

I would be of the opinion that someone in WWE needs to firmly dash those hopes. Fobbing off doesn't work on something like this.

WWE shouldn't have to dash those hopes firmly or otherwise. It's blindly obvious why wwe will never induct chris Benoit into their HOF or in general acknowledge him ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

WWE shouldn't have to dash those hopes firmly or otherwise. It's blindly obvious why wwe will never induct chris Benoit into their HOF or in general acknowledge him ever again.

Aye, but Daniel believing there's a chance is due to them. He's a traumatised young lad who they've always given time to for PR reasons without actually trying to help him.

Advertisement