Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Asuka now injured, ladies tag titles curse continues

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like Matt Hardy is jumpiing ship back to the WWE now he is a free agent he was at RAW last night and Michael Cole mentioning him on commentary.

How long has Jeff left before he is a free agent and he jumps back to the company he faked being on drugs in a match to get out of.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mania 40 maybe? They'd pop the crowd for that night at least even though it's been done before.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jokes aside though Matt could easily get a cushy agents gig with WWE if he wanted, I'm sure the door is always open there for him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tbh no real interest in the hardys back in wwe and that's coming from a fan growing up. Neither Matt nor Jeff can go anymore (plus Jeff's history) .

Agreed if Matt got an agent job that would be a decent position for him.

• Advertisement

Nic Nemeth vs Alberto for the vacated AAA Mega Championship has been announced for Triplemania XXXII  Monterrey on April 27th.

Vikingo had to vacate due to knee surgery.

El Patron Alberto being a world champion in 2024 would be very strange.

Nemeth will also face Moose for the TNA Championship on April 20th.

Nic Nemeth the belt collector could be happening as he is the current IWGP Gobal Heavyweight Champion in NJPW.

Reports today that the The Motor City Machine Guns will be free agents next month.

That would be a big lose for TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Lots of speculation too that he's going to be at OTT's Scrappermania in August.

Bellator events are going to be streaming live on MAX from Friday. Wonder what this means for a potential AEW/Max deal.

Kinda surprising they went out and got this deal when AEW are already part of the WBD family. Then again UFC/WWE being under Endeavour and Bellator/AEW might be a good pairing in WBD's mind.

Surely, this means that AEW is going on Max in the not too distant future, or once they get another TV deal ironed out.

Fightful are saying MLW are in talks to bring Mauro Ranallo in.

Love hearing Mauro on commentary.

• Advertisement

Goldberg ranting, poor Asuka

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It makes it even better that he is so rattled by it.

Best thing to come out of the whole Tribal Chief run was him squashing Goldberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Unlike Goldberg, all of Asuka's matches actually happened. Since weren't Goldberg's numbers inflated?

And does he think they planned it just to annoy him which would involve multiple months of planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

I was surprised to read today that the return of CM Punk and The Rock hasn’t spiked WWE’s TV rating even in the run up to Wrestlemania the ratings have dropped over the last year and have pretty much flatlined over the last few months. I would have thought the return of both would have brought back lapsed WWE fans.

Regards,

P.

Hi 'P'.

I've seen another poster make this argument before. I'd like you to explain 'pretty much flatlined'.

Because if you look at the ratings, and average for all of 2023, you'd get 1.708 for Raw and 2.22 for Smackdown.

Here's the last month of Raw - 1.738, 1.649. 1.751, 1.687. Two over the average from last year and two below, so sounds about average.

Here's the last month of Smackdown - 2.272, 2.348, 2.439, 2.34. The month before was even higher, but all of these are above the average of last year.

That's before we get into the whole, ratings are down across the board point. I just have to ask if you actually looked at the ratings before you posted or are you being a bit inflammatory? Most people won't respond to this stuff but I find TV ratings interesting cause I'm a movie and tv nerd going back years, so I will. You could make the argument that Punk and Rock haven't 'spiked' their ratings but you'd also have to look at the Raw and Smackdown that happened after their returns and see that they are the highest rated episodes that have happened recently.

If you wanted to ask, why they didn't keep those numbers, you could. Possibly could be that fans realised that the Rock and Punk aren't going to be wrestling and the 'lapsed fans' aren't gonna be brought back by any one wrestler or probably even, at all.

Not attacking you for the record, just your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Petermc83

you could also argue that the views on social media numbers for these returns have skyrocketed aswell.

Not all people can watch the product live... and judging by the views that are up on YouTube where the Rock is involved in segments, its hitting between 2mill-5.7mill views!

I believe Punk's return most highest viewed for WWE for YT social media

• Advertisement

Rhea Ripley has named her Mount Rushmore of female WWE stars:

- Herself

- Bianca

- Becky

- Charlotte

Becky has two months left on her contract. She's obviously going nowhere. She didn't even bother playing the "Maybe I'll leave?" card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Does say nothing has been discussed yet though and that it’s unusual.

Still, I can’t see any world where she jumps ship.

It's possible she might just take a year or two as well and expand the brood. 37 now so may not get that opportunity again.

I reckon this is a case where they've given her assurances and the exact amount of years/money hasn't ben nailed out, so no formal offer has been made.

Mind you, come to think of it, there seems to be a lot of contracts up this year and think that's another reason why WWE aren't chasing 'free agents', they've got some of their own stars they have to nail down first and foremost. Thinking Becky and Drew at the very least.

Endeavour have shown with the UFC they will offer what they offer and if you don’t like it you can leave.

They happily sent there UFC heavyweight champion packing when they couldn’t come to terms on a deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Another championship in the world of overcrowded wrestling championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

WWE must be releasing their own branded version of Amphetamine.

• Advertisement

"Exclusively on X"

So, a Twitter Title? I'd put the 24/7 title above that in terms of prestige.

3 minute matches, appealing to the demographic of people whose attention spans are absolutely fúcked due to Tiktok.

Advertisement