Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange order attempts to reignite drumcree crisis

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

ya a lot of the major figures of Irish republicanism we're Protestants/Presbyterian's: Wolfe Tone, Thomas Russell, Henry Joy McCracken, William Orr, Napper Tandy, Robert Emmet to name a few..

The Orange Order was created by the British as a means to seperate the Catholic and Protestant community to basically divide and conquer and it worked brilliantly as it's still going today..

Exactly!

I dread the prospect of further troubles fueled by Brexit. I always hated the descriptive; "Troubles", which to me was a meek appellation meant to downplay the British powers that be's responsibility in bringing them about.

Ireland was the First country barring the United States to get out from under British rule and every bit the Irish republicans got on the road to Independence from the Brits was fought for tooth and nail.

What I find amazing about Ireland is how resourceful the people were in overcoming all the BS that were hurled at them for centuries, really, and in recent years, make the country bloom into successful territory. Another reason to dread the potential crap on the radar, adding insult to a serious prolonged injury.

Advertisement