Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange order attempts to reignite drumcree crisis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

*Sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

With the DUP proping up Theresa May and Brexit on the horizon the march could very much go ahead, hopefully not.

Drumcree march is usually on a Sunday is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

With the DUP proping up Theresa May and Brexit on the horizon the march could very much go ahead, hopefully not.

Drumcree march is usually on a Sunday is it not?

Idk.....but the 12th falls on friday this year

I cant believe the orangemen are attempting to look for trouble here and hand dissidents a moral.victory after the (rightful) kicking theyve got killing that young wan

They brought north to brink of civil war before over this....the sight of nationlists protesters been tore off the street by the psni will make people inevitably smpateheic to dissident attacks on them

Theres no good to come.from what they.are trying.to do here....every nationlist protest/paradea comission decision can be run roughshod over by word in boris johnsons ear is what it will boil.down to

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This is always a tense time of the year, obviously.

But this is a very worrying development.

This is what happens when there is a political vacuum. Politicians should be ashamed of themselves. The province has gone back a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,045 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

NIMAN wrote: »
    This is always a tense time of the year, obviously.

But this is a very worrying development.

This is what happens when there is a political vacuum. Politicians should be ashamed of themselves. The province has gone back a decade.

It isn't the political vacuum that is to blame here, it is the sense of empowerment May's crooked foolhardy alliance has given the DUP.

• Advertisement
    M

Every time I would see it back in the 80's/90's I'd wish I was there at the petrol bombing, utter disgrace, like KKK walking through a main street of Alabama.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Due to pass through Portadown tomorrow, must rethink the route and avoids it.
    Last Sunday we passed through the Feckin flags and the size of the stack of pallets for the bonfire was bigger than ever.

M

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    :D

Classic and not bullet proof glass neither :D

M

_Brian wrote: »
    Due to pass through Portadown tomorrow, must rethink the route and avoids it.
    Last Sunday we passed through the Feckin flags and the size of the stack of pallets for the bonfire was bigger than ever.

Once not late in the evening when there's can's aboard you should be fine, most of them are grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

It’s a pity they didn’t pull him out of van and have a discussion with him....clown

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

_blaaz wrote: »

I cant believe the orangemen are attempting to look for trouble here and hand dissidents a moral.victory after the (rightful) kicking theyve got killing that young wan

I think they are. Its more about building up their own extremists and dissidents.

A lot of unionists are dismayed and disillusioned with brexit. They see the practicalities. The DUP is totally out of touch with these people.

They need to find a reason for their existence right now. But their existence on their terms as an ultra right party.

Sectarianism has always done this in the past for them so why not try it again now?

That's all this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

<SNIP>

Aside from that is not in Norn Iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It’s a pity they didn’t pull him out of van and have a discussion with him....clown
    they didnt have the minerals. Init

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

timthumbni wrote: »
    Aside from that is not in Norn Iron.

Scottish folk......

NIMAN wrote: »
    Scottish folk......

Yah.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

<SNIP>

Awwww man, had me howling at the laptop screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

My friend is adamant about travelling up to Killough, Co Down on the 12th for the Killough festival to meet friends. Killough is a catholic area and the festival itsself is not related to the orange 12th July events. Its my opinion that the violence this year could be worse than we have seen in a long time. Does anyone know if the route there will be safe?

As is, I'm advising her against it. I think for someone not familiar with the north is would not be a great idea to drive up there on that day in a southern registration car.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    My friend is adamant about travelling up to Killough, Co Down on the 12th for the Killough festival to meet friends. Killough is a catholic area and the festival itsself is not related to the orange 12th July events. Its my opinion that the violence this year could be worse than we have seen in a long time. Does anyone know if the route there will be safe?

As is, I'm advising her against it. I think for someone not familiar with the north is would not be a great idea to drive up there on that day in a southern registration car.

Totally safe. Stop watching horror movies. Maybe traffic slow depending on her route and time she travels but that’s it. Republic plates aren’t exactly unknown here ffs. Enjoy.

Your friend would be grand, if they're gonna hijack and burn a car, they'll just as quickly burn a northern registered one as a southern one.

My personal opinion.

• Advertisement

Your friend would be grand, if they're gonna hijack and burn a car, they'll just as quickly burn a northern registered one as a southern one.

My personal opinion.

No issues. Now if she was travelling through republican areas of Londonderry then I would advise caution. Love a murder do those wans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

No issues. Now if she was travelling through republican areas of Londonderry then I would advise caution. Love a murder do those wans.

Don’t think there are any republican areas of Londonderry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Drumcree will never get the go ahead why would the PC rule against Ardoyne then open a bigger can of worms.

No issues. Now if she was travelling through republican areas of derry then I would advise caution. Love a murder do those wans.

FYP, nobody loves murder

• Registered Users Posts: 67,045 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Tell your friend to excercise caution, as evidenced by a certain poster here, these people will lash out at anyone they see as a threat to their triumphalist jamboree.

I would advise caution using the term "Londonderry" in Republcan areas of Derry, might get a few funny looks, but I don't know what anyone driving a southern reg car would have to fear driving through parts of the maiden city, loyalist or republcan.

I would advise caution using the term "Londonderry" in Republcan areas of Derry, might get a few funny looks, but I don't know what anyone driving a southern reg car would have to fear driving through parts of the maiden city, loyalist or republcan.

Have you ever drove into the Fountain or Irish street In Derry hahah

Have you ever drove into the Fountain or Irish street In Derry hahah

Not overly familiar with either tbh, cowboy and Indian territory?

Not overly familiar with either tbh, cowboy and Indian territory?

Let's just say rent a car if your on southern plates before entering hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

_blaaz wrote: »
    Wait till there's a united Ireland and they're demanding to march past the GPO every July.

Advertisement