Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doubling of Stockholm murder rate attributed immigration

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Sweden is currently not feeling too good:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Quite surprising that the Journal reported on this at all and even more surprising that they actually presented an objective and factual account.

But as you can see in the comments there are many who will still engage in complete denial because their ideological position (pro immigration) trumps all other concerns be it rape, murder, shootings or bombings.

I guess it has become impossible to hide the truth now as Sweden has been having serious problems with Migrant crime for a good while now which has been widely reported ( and widely denied by 'liberals' ) but the truth always comes out in the end.

This does not bode well for Ireland either as the same pattern of migrant criminality emerges in almost every country but maybe (as everyone seems to believe) 'Ireland is different' ...Yeah right

Want to agree with this. I am very surprised the journal reported this story.
    I don't see them as a reliable impartial news source at all. Odd they reported this.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭chuchuchu

This is why you don't want a feminist government in power

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Rechuchote wrote: »
    Just not true. Here's a graph of murders in Sweden from 1970 to 2018. As you'll see, there were more murders in the 1970s:

Yes exactly society has become more civilized. It's not the Swedes that are doing the modern day murdering. It's their guests. As per the article

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NSAman

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Yes exactly society has become more civilized. It's not the Swedes that are doing the modern day murdering. It's their guests. As per the article

You cannot say things like that!

It turns you into a bigot, a fascist, a racist instantly.

Open borders Is the new world order. Anyone who thinks people don’t need passports or visas is small minded. It’s funny, but when you go to various countries You have to have both.

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote:
    I don't know why I bother with this ****e. As ever, Boards.ie seems to be a home for all the fascists, bigots and racist **** in the country.

I assume you mean that when you log onto boards, you see that not everyone is in your little bubble.

I am not a fascist.

I am not a bigot.

I certainly am not a racist either.

I can see there is a problem with mass/illegal immigration.

What is your point?

Would you be willing to accept undocumented immigrants into your home? If not, why not?

NSAman wrote: »
    You cannot say things like that!

It turns you into a bigot, a fascist, a racist instantly.

Open borders Is the new world order. Anyone who thinks people don’t need passports or visas is small minded. It’s funny, but when you go to various countries You have to have both.

I'm only going on the information in the article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Stockholm has dropped out of the top 20 in an annual quality of life index (compiled by Mercer) for both 2018 & 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

4 murders in the past 3 months in D15, a woman randomly attacked with a sharp object in a Blanchardstown restaurant last Monday, kids come across a loaded gun used in gangland crime and a shooting inside a Lidl supermarket all in the same area. Every single one of these crimes were commited by white Irish males. No 'fodeigners' or immigrants or Muslims involved in these crimes.

Sorry but i just don't get what logic you guys use to come to these nonsensical conclusions that a tiny fraction of the population pose such danger. Do you sit around your computers all day peeking out the window to see if the <SNIP> are charging over the hills yet? Good Lord

This scaremongering has frightening similarities to the German 1930s era propaganda machine about another faith group, "history repeats itself" - a phrase everyone knows how to say but few actually cop when it occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

1123heavy wrote: »
    Do you sit around your computers all day peeking out the window to see if the <SNIP> are charging over the hills yet? Good Lord

<SNIP>

People are being so reasonable on the thread that you have to pretend you're conversing with 18th century British soldiers to make your 'point'...

That should win hearts and minds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Liberta Per Gli Ultra

Hobosan wrote: »
    Muzzies?

People are being so reasonable on the thread that you have to pretend you're conversing with 18th century British soldiers to make your 'point'...

That should win hearts and minds.

Was just thinking the same thing, no need to drag down the tone of the thread like that. It's like when someone ignores the content of a post because they can't argue with the substance of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Was just thinking the same thing, no need to drag down the tone of the thread like that. It's like when someone ignores the content of a post because they can't argue with the substance of it.

That's the crux of the issue. Content without substance.

Substance on important issues is like gold dust on Boards. Someone will inevitably come along to remind people with substantive knowledge that they're immune to such wisdom.

In all honesty, arguing the content of a post is usually a waste of time. Forums are completely worthless for dialogue on political topics.

All the same, using derogatory terms is obviously not allowed on boards, but using derogatory terms in the name of people you disagree with, like 'muzzies' above is a sneaky way of employing the worst kind of insult one can dish out, without any recourse.

The poster is implying that previous commenters that have reservations about immigration are in league with the KKK. It's a common tactic to derail discussion. So common that the poster probably didn't realise they were doing it.

In time, the methods for labelling people racist are going to get even more creative and simultaneously more absurd, I can promise you that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

davedanon wrote: »
    "But when you have EU and non-EU welfare tourists arriving in large numbers"

Is that what is happening? Would you emigrate to another country just to go on the dole?
    Would I emigrate to another country for the dole?
    I certainly would not. I was brought up to believe in working for a living and not to be a burden on society even when the economy is bad.
    Also, many countries around the world would not allow me to emigrate to their countries without the skills and financial backing to support myself. For example, I could not emigrate to Australia or the United States and expect welfare or to be housed as soon as I arrive ............. which leads to your first question: "Is that what is happening?"

Of course it is happening in Ireland. When you receive relatively high welfare payments, free healthcare (medical cards), and free accomodation if you declare yourself homeless as soon as you arrive, it is no wonder that we have such a large influx of welfare tourists. That, and the promise of a forever home with the billions currently being allocated for social housing in the next few years.

Let's take Africans for example. Almost 60% of Africans in Ireland are on welfare. This is an abhorrent percentage. And I would bet that Roma Gypies numbers are even higher. The point is that we (the people paying for them to be on welfare) can see that it is not sustainable to continue accepting people into the country who have no means to support themselves. We can only afford so much, and when the next recession hits in a year or two, services to our families, friends, and neighbours will be cut in order to continue paying for the welfare benefits of these new arrivals. It is self-destruction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

1123heavy wrote: »
    4 murders in the past 3 months in D15, a woman randomly attacked with a sharp object in a Blanchardstown restaurant last Monday, kids come across a loaded gun used in gangland crime and a shooting inside a Lidl supermarket all in the same area. Every single one of these crimes were commited by white Irish males. No 'fodeigners' or immigrants or Muslims involved in these crimes.

Sorry but i just don't get what logic you guys use to come to these nonsensical conclusions that a tiny fraction of the population pose such danger. Do you sit around your computers all day peeking out the window to see if the <SNIP> are charging over the hills yet? Good Lord

This scaremongering has frightening similarities to the German 1930s era propaganda machine about another faith group, "history repeats itself" - a phrase everyone knows how to say but few actually cop when it occurs.

Racist term <SNIP> reported

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

No racial or religious slurs please

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 40,871 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

chuchuchu wrote: »
    This is why you don't want a feminist government in power

I do. Im delighted we have strong feminists like Zappone in government.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I do. Im delighted we have strong feminists like Zappone in government.

Joey and his jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 40,871 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Joey and his jokes

Not joking. A feminist government in power would be great.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Maria Bailey for Taoiseach!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Blueshoe infracted for personal jibes.

dudara

• Advertisement

Joey and his jokes
    Yeah, Zappone wanted to take all the bearded economic migrant children in Calais back with her to Ireland when she visited the illegal camp.
    She actually said that when she was there; she wanted to bring them all back. The 200 or so that she organised to bring to Ireland are going to cost us (tax payers) €100 Million to €110 Million in the coming years.

Don't think we can afford to have Zappone in government for very much longer. She needs to return to Seattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why? What need is there? What rights do Women currently need that they don't have?

Kivaro wrote: »
    Yeah, Zappone wanted to take all the bearded economic migrant children in Calais back with her to Ireland when she visited the illegal camp.
    She actually said that when she was there; she wanted to bring them all back. The 200 or so that she organised to bring to Ireland are going to cost us (tax payers) €100 Million to €110 Million in the coming years.

Don't think we can afford to have Zappone in government for very much longer. She needs to return to Seattle.

Luckily we have the money. Budget is only around the corner. Slap a few extra percent on here and there. Taxpayers got it covered

Luckily we have the money. Budget is only around the corner. Slap a few extra percent on here and there. Taxpayers got it covered
    Actually no. This money was taken from Zappone's own department of children and youth services budget, as the minister of finance at the time (Noonan) said that the €100 Million to €110 Million required for this "project" was not available. So when you hear about the lack of funding for children mental services and scoliosis operations for Irish children, you can wonder about the sizeable amount of money that Zappone is spending on the Calais migrants.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Actually no. This money was taken from Zappone's own department of children and youth services budget, as the minister of finance at the time (Noonan) said that the €100 Million to €110 Million required for this "project" was not available. So when you hear about the lack of funding for children mental services and scoliosis operations for Irish children, you can wonder about the sizeable amount of money that Zappone is spending on the Calais migrants.

Sounds about right. Take away from our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Augme wrote: »
    A country that has one of the lowest murder rates in the world is lost.
    Out of 230 countries - intentional homicide victims per 100,000 inhabitants.
    El Salvador #1 country to get murdered in
    Finland 165
    Sweden 180
    Denmark 185
    Norway 209
    Monaco, Lichtenstein 230 zero murders

March 2019 was the first month in more than three years without a shooting reported in the city of Malmö,

The histogram below shows the number of shootings in Malmö per month (thin dark blue bars) and year (wide blue bars) from 1 January 2000 to 31 December 2018.
    https://swedometer.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Shootings_vs_time_20181231-1024x384.png
    https://swedometer.com/malmo-shootings-from-2000-onwards/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It would be an utter farce and that's saying something given the history of the governments of the Irish state. Feminism is a busted flush of a philosophy and an even more risible politic. Mired down in victimhood and identity politics and nonsense. Demonstrably so. Allied with an increasingly moronic "left" progressiveness itself mired down with the same nonsense and we'd be witness to even more dilution of European culture in the face of more barbarism, a barbarism that such useful idiots were for a nice change right to fight against in the past. The irony.

And yes European culture, the West is worth fighting for. The self hating types don't get that. Which culture is the one that others flee to and/or try to mimic? Asian? Middle Eastern? African?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why? What need is there? What rights do Women currently need that they don't have?
    It has been my experience down the years that there exists a certain type of personality, common to both genders, but more common among Women™, a personality that is never and will never be satisfied. "Feminism" is a magnet for such types. Their appetite will never be sated, they will never be happy, no matter how many extra "rights", usually without attendant responsibilities, that they call for and get. So in effect O, your question is a pointless one, for there is no answer.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I couldn't care less who lives anywhere but I really think certain people absolutely love news like this. If immigrant crime becomes an issue in Ireland they'll be absolutely loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

The conclusion I came to is that Ireland should be more like Sweden because murder rate in Ireland is about 6 times higher.

And just by the by plenty of crime would be committed by Eastern and Southern European crime gangs who tend to be white.

Advertisement