Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doubling of Stockholm murder rate attributed immigration

Options

Comments

Stockholm is in Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved from AH to CA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

I’m sure Merkel and the elite will be safe either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

dudara wrote: »
    Moved from AH to CA

Sorry if I posted in wrong place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Stockholm is in Sweden.

I'm sure he's pointing out the correlation between the two countries, but well done on your fine thanks whoring contribution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Interesting stats on how Stockholm crime has soared.

https://www.thejournal.ie/sweden-shootings-gangs-increase-4711474-Jul2019/

No real political slant on it for once.

Makes one fear for Germany's future 10 years from now.

Quite surprising that the Journal reported on this at all and even more surprising that they actually presented an objective and factual account.

But as you can see in the comments there are many who will still engage in complete denial because their ideological position (pro immigration) trumps all other concerns be it rape, murder, shootings or bombings.

I guess it has become impossible to hide the truth now as Sweden has been having serious problems with Migrant crime for a good while now which has been widely reported ( and widely denied by 'liberals' ) but the truth always comes out in the end.

This does not bode well for Ireland either as the same pattern of migrant criminality emerges in almost every country but maybe (as everyone seems to believe) 'Ireland is different' ...Yeah right

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

these statistics are hate facts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I must have gotten the wrong link. I didn't see where it said the murder rate increase was attributed to immigration. I did see a much more nuanced statement about the various causes of a complex problem, but not as your thread title has it. It's a well-known fact that immigrants generally, be they white, black or any colour in between, are LESS likely to get involved in crime, or be 'a burden on the state' generally.

It's almost as though you were deliberately trying to distort what the piece said, in order to make some point of your own. Almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Sweden was the last place I would have expected to turn out like this. Such a shame.

I spent a few weeks in Kista, Stockholm earlier this year for work.

Lots of tech companies full of white swedes during the day, then they all head home. Go to the galleria in the evening and 80% plus are ‘new’ swedes. Surreal.

• Advertisement

these statistics are hate facts

And must be suppressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

I spent a few weeks in Kista, Stockholm earlier this year for work.

Lots of tech companies full of white swedes during the day, then they all head home. Go to the galleria in the evening and 80% plus are ‘new’ swedes. Surreal.

Why is it surreal?

d15ude wrote: »
    Why is it surreal?

A suburb / area of a Northern European capital city where whites are in the small minority is not surreal to you? Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

davedanon wrote: »
    I must have gotten the wrong link. I didn't see where it said the murder rate increase was attributed to immigration. I did see a much more nuanced statement about the various causes of a complex problem, but not as your thread title has it. It's a well-known fact that immigrants generally, be they white, black or any colour in between, are LESS likely to get involved in crime, or be 'a burden on the state' generally.

It's almost as though you were deliberately trying to distort what the piece said, in order to make some point of your own. Almost.

It might be a bit premature to accuse the OP of distortion on the issue,particularly as The Journal article merely references a single year.

For whatever reason,the rise in Swedish homicide rates took a bit of a sudden lep in 2014/2015,a trend which has continued since....87 Homicides in 2014....112 homicides in 2015.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/533917/sweden-number-of-homicides/

It may well have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with events in the Mediterranian,and sub-Saharan Africa around the same time-frame,but then again,the time correlation is also a fact....the question,I suppose,is should we ignore such facts during any meaningful investigation of the complexities you mention ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis

I don't know if there is an answer to any of these complex issues,but I do believe that recognising their existence has to be a prereqisite to any meaningful solution.

Tiptoeing around,or shying away from,such things,particularly in the developmental stages rarely results in any acceptable or permanent solution.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35285086

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

The sooner this happens here the better. I'm one of those people want to watch the world burn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It's a well-known fact that immigrants generally, be they white, black or any colour in between, are LESS likely to get involved in crime, or be 'a burden on the state' generally.
    There is one word missing from your sentence above.
    "Working" immigrants .......
    But when you have EU and non-EU welfare tourists arriving in large numbers, then they are most likely to be a burden on the state and involved in criminality.
    AlekSmart wrote: »
    I don't know if there is an answer to any of these complex issues,but I do believe that recognising their existence has to be a prereqisite to any meaningful solution.

Tiptoeing around,or shying away from,such things,particularly in the developmental stages rarely results in any acceptable or permanent solution.
    And that's it in a nutshell.
    To ignore it is to repeat the colossal mistakes of our European neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Close this thread immediately as the facts don't fit the leftie liberal agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭PMBC

Im 'neutral' on the immigration issue but please remember correlation is not causation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

A suburb / area of a Northern European capital city where whites are in the small minority is not surreal to you? Bizarre.

Poster is doing their best to achieve wokedom by pretending it isn't surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sweden is lost.
    But the citizenry voted for this to happen.
    Hope they're happy with their new society.

You import Middle East, you get Middle East.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You won't see this story on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

This has been reported on non mainstream news sources for years.

Must be really bad to see reports appearing on more mainstream channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

“This violence is tearing apart society as we know it and the country we want Sweden to be,” conservative MP Johan Forssell said during a recent debate on gangs in parliament.
    Don't trust these guys, they are just as bad as the Social Democrats for messing up the country.

"But when you have EU and non-EU welfare tourists arriving in large numbers"

Is that what is happening? Would you emigrate to another country just to go on the dole?

I don't know why I bother with this ****e. As ever, Boards.ie seems to be a home for all the fascists, bigots and racist **** in the country.

**** you all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I don't know why I bother with this ****e. As ever, Boards.ie seems to be a home for all the fascists, bigots and racist **** in the country.

**** you all.

Hey pal. We didn't write the article or make up the quotes. This is reality.

You can bury your head if you like but don't expect everyone else to follow.

Keep your nasty comments to yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Is this what it will take for the Irish to finally start voting for nationalist parties with a common sense approach to immigration? Hungary, Czechia and Poland are dead right no mass immigration and no desire for it into those countries all perfectly safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Just not true. Here's a graph of murders in Sweden from 1970 to 2018. As you'll see, there were more murders in the 1970s:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Augme

biko wrote: »
    Sweden is lost.

A country that has one of the lowest murder rates in the world is lost.

What does that make America?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

This thread is funny, it's like a circle jerk for assholes

Advertisement