Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B Complaint

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I pack underwear like I cook rice. Enough for anywhere between 1 and 20.

There’s no way of knowing beforehand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

No contingency pairs? Just in case? :)

Of course I bring them in a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,796 ✭✭✭893bet

After the first member of staff walked in you didn’t think to lock door? Or the second?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

893bet wrote: »
    After the first member of staff walked in you didn’t think to lock door? Or the second?

3rd times the charm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

893bet wrote: »

Not many B and Bs have more than 2 house keepers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Tbh.. I wouldn't make a big thing if I found 1 stray hair in a shower.
    These things happen.
    Just pick it up with a toilet roll piece and flush down the toilet.
    Now if the plug hole was choked up with hairs or a ball of them sitting in the shower, then that's another story.
    But would you really get riled up on a night away by one hair?
    And why were you waiting for someone to tell you to lock the door?
    That's a given.. You're in a strange environment with guests and staff free to open your door if it's not locked. That's just common sense.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Can't wait to watch this episode on "4 In a bed"

A hair in the shower...... No self locking doors!!!!

Anyone got a link to the TripAdvisor review?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anyone got a link to the TripAdvisor review?

No

L1011 wrote:
    No

Thanks. Perhaps better to close the thread than give snippy answers when someone asks to see both sides of the story before giving their opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Brego888 wrote: »
    3rd times the charm

I think the op may be a bit of an exhibitionist

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

i booked a b&b over the weekend and checked in about 3:30pm.

i locked the door and went on my way. I came back at about 8:30pm to find my room door wide open (my car keys, wallet, laptop, clothes were all in my room)

i noticed the curtains were pulled so the owner clearly let herself in to my room after I’d locked it to pull the curtains and then left my room unlocked.

surely this is intrusive and against b&b laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,446 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Whatever about intrusive it left you open to having all your gear stolen.

Were there other guests in the house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,738 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes it's intrusive.

But there are no special laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ancient thread, but I'd love to know what special "B&B laws" the resurrectionist thinks are on the statute book 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

There were other guests.

i’m just looking to know if there’s a b&b regulator in the country.

We didn’t stay of course. Just packed our stuff and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭SharkMX

I found hairs in showers lots of times. I survived though. Maybe i am just resistant to hair disease.

Usually i just wash it down the drain along with my own.

Another time we were getting jiggy before we left one morning and the owner walked in with towels. I think it bothered her more than it bothered her tbh. Our fault for leaving the door unlocked.

What your issue ? Letting themselves in or leaving it unlocked?

even in 5 star hotels staff will allow themselves in to make the bed, do a turn down service etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,142 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Both, obviously.

The op wasn’t staying in a hotel, and any hotel I’ve stayed in either informed you about the turn down service/offered it.

Owners letting themselves into your room once you’ve occupied it, and leaving the door unlocked simply isn’t on.

Op, complain to Bord Failte and any local tourist office, let them know what happened, hopefully they won’t recommend the B&B to anyone who enquires.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,446 ✭✭✭✭elperello

They left the door of the posters room wide open.

I think anyone would have an issue with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Drifter100

I think some posters here need to realise a B&B is not a hotel. Usually, not always, it is the Bean an Ti that will be the reception, housekeeper, cook, chamber maid and house owner

Clean it must me but not surgical standard. Just relax and take in the holiday / break that you are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Of course. A local B&B here has at least 5 staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,738 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes really.

Increasingly BnBs are run by staff, and are not in family homes.

I think some posters here need to broaden their horizons and realise there is a world outside Dublin and the bigger towns in this country. Yes some larger B&B`s will have staff, but the whole point of a B&B is somewhere clean and comfortable to lay your head while appreciating the hospitality of someone sharing their home with you albeit on a temporary basis

I thought you were paying for private use of a room, with breakfast the following morning. I’m sharing my money with the owner, not my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Madd002

I stayed in a b&b in clare 3wks ago but no breakfast, had to go looking for some in the village next morning.

Done review on booking.com said place was lovely etc. negatives were no breakfast and being woken up at 8am by her toddlers in room next door and to advise it was a family home just in case you were a couple going away without kids for a quiet weekend that it might not be for them.

I got 3 long angry texts from her after the review, I actually called her and told her that she was very unprofessional doing so and that it wasn't a bad review. Well she ranted and raved for about 10mins telling me I didn't understand how hard it was for b&b's, if I could report her anywhere I would of..!! My review below.

Someone else's review below god wonder did she txt and rant at them also🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Wow extremely unprofessional on her behalf, ranting at you.

Yes I would like the comments you put, if I was looking at this B&B.

Living the life

• Advertisement

Read it again, it’s the Bean an ti doing all 5 jobs ;)

Advertisement