Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Navi Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

Judging by the lower board power draw on these cards in terms of % increase in performance I wonder what we might see with some overclocks/waterblocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Reviews today, release tomorrow. Some people will probably have their hands on them now through retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Of the reviews I've watched today that was the best.

Key points (for me):

• Raster performance similar to 4080, as expected
    • RTX performance is fine (a little below 4080 but not much) except in Cyberpunk which points to a specific issue with that game (other reviews have generalised that one result out of proportion)
    • Cooling is "acceptable" (=marginal), meaning significant memory temps and fan noise, so prob. wait for AIB cards to fix that.
    • Drivers are...work in progress.

Will be interesting to see what the EU pricing is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Do we have any idea what time these launch at tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I was pleasantly surprised at the RT performance matching or slightly exceeding a stock 3090, it's still not ideal for a high end card and future proofing but better than I thought they would land there. So basically if you don't care about RT or DLSS (and with newer titles also using FSR2.x in many cases in parallel that is less of a factor at least going forward) then the XTX looks like a great choice.

Power draw seems concerning going by Linus video although you'd hope it's a bug. The XTX is a great leap forward from my 6900xt so I'll try land one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

EU pricing is going to be the determining factor for me. I have a 6900XT so I may just sit on it and see what happens.

Rasterization performance is ok, not particularly exciting. I was really hoping it would split the difference between the 4080 and 4090.

Ray tracing is greatly improved but again only matches Nvidia's least gen flagship which really isn't good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Just wondering where is the best place to go for Irish customers? Seems like a mixed bag on Nvidia releases, I presume it’s the same here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Look like great cards, it's a pity they didn't price the xt at a lower point though, it should really be the 7800 xt, wonder how that card will turn out.

The gap is a lot larger than I was expecting. It was probably designed to compete against the 4080 12gb. Should definitely be at least $100 cheaper.

Any sightings yet? Nothing on the AMD direct buy site

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I got in the queue at 2pm, opened at 2.05. Waited 40 mins. XTX was sold out. Price is 1163.38

Just got in there. Price is good but all gone ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

I joined the queue at 2.22 and got a 7900XT at 2.41.

Sorry should qualify. 7900XT is still in stock. Just the XTX is sold out. I'm holding out for it.

Any other places to go for this? It seems like a **** show with UK vendors shipping to Ireland.

Forgot about this, wanted an XTX and seems everyone else does too! XT still in stock. Think they'll need to lower the price if that one it's too close to the XTX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Amazon.co.uk have a merc 310 7900 xtx €1310.92 very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

jesus those xtx prices, right up there with the 4080 in europe so :(

There's a 4080 on there for 50 quid more. Hopefully more reference XTX's are on the way soon. It more than holds its own against the 4080 for 200 less direct from AMD.

Yeah direct from AMD was the only real option for the much of the last generation in Ireland.

Well I guess I'll be seeing a lot of you on Thursdays then (unless they changed the drop day 😂)

XT still freely available. They really messed up the pricing on that card. Most reviewers too not seeing the point of it at all.

€1060 for a card which is completely mislabelled?

It's a 7850 at most, really a 7800

AMD showing that it's not just Nvidia completely gouging consumers

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

The XT is a defective XTX so they don't want demand for it over the XTX unless and until they have to resign themselves to bad yields in the long run.

Whenever they get around to the lower cards they'll probably look at the yields they are achieving at that point to decide how to line up their prices to try and strike the right balance.

It was definitely designed to compete against the now cancelled 4080 12gb, against which it would have looked alright.

But now that card no longer exists it just looks like the terrible value proposition it is. Needs be priced at least €100 lower to make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Jon Doe

I think I'll wait for the 7800/16Gb/700€...

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the time amd usually restock on Thursdays?

Advertisement