Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why we need Capital punishment (again)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Just life imprisonment - and I mean life

Keep the scummer in circulation through the courts, legal profession mint the coin. Vested interests come first in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

We need capital punishment only slightly less than we need another capital punishment thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Could have sworn I saw him in the news before. For chatting up young ones or something

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Keep the scummer in circulation through the courts, legal profession mint the coin. Vested interests come first in this country.
    i really dont see any other reasonable explanation for our grossly lenient sentencing of repeat violent offenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

I agree, in cases like above I cannot see the benefit in keeping a degenerate like this in circulation, even in prison, it would do him and the rest of us a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Throw him head first into an industrial wood chipper. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Calltocall wrote: »
    I agree, in cases like above I cannot see the benefit in keeping a degenerate like this in circulation, even in prison, it would do him and the rest of us a favour.

Just to add, it’s sentences like this that make me want to shake the judge and shout wtf is wrong with you!! Two years FFS, that’s attempted murder, if it wasn’t for people intervening she could well be dead, seriously two years on what planet does that seem like a reasonable sentence for almost beating someone to death for absolutely nothing, it’s infuriating, and for good measure we’ll throw in the auld partial suspended sentence. It’s one thing that really gets to me about Ireland the ****ing inconsistent pathetic sentences handed out by our judiciary

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Send him to Van Diemen's Land

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

biko wrote: »
    Send him to Van Diemen's Land

Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I suppose the real burning question is do we need a capital C?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Hopefully he'll get the ****e beaten out of him in prison.

Many inmates don't take to kindly to woman beaters, so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

26 previous convictions against women????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Pkiernan wrote: »

Are you volunteering to be the hangman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

Battle royal on an uninhabited Island off the coast make some good PPV money for the state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Why the f is he not in an institution or under some sort of care scheme? :confused:

Used to have a neighbour who sustained a brain injury in a car accident also - constantly trashing people's cars, yelling abuse, took a crowbar to letterboxes, made obscene gestures to us women... and we were just waiting for him to physically assault someone. His family had washed their hands of him.

HSE couldn't do anything! It's only "used to" because I moved, not him.
    Calltocall wrote: »
    Just to add, it’s sentences like this that make me want to shake the judge and shout wtf is wrong with you!! Two years FFS, that’s attempted murder, if it wasn’t for people intervening she could well be dead, seriously two years on what planet does that seem like a reasonable sentence for almost beating someone to death for absolutely nothing, it’s infuriating, and for good measure we’ll throw in the auld partial suspended sentence. It’s one thing that really gets to me about Ireland the ****ing inconsistent pathetic sentences handed out by our judiciary
    I wonder how much choice the judges have though - I just don't believe that they genuinely think these sentences are sufficient, and that their hands are tied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

There is only one thing worse than a state that leaves scum like that walk the streets and that's a state that kills people.

Totally disagree with capital punishment but this is another example of how our current justice industry needs to be completely reformed. After 3 convictions you should not be permitted things like early release, reduced sentences, bail etc. If you are a repeat offender you serve the maximum sentence for the crime and you don't get the benefit of the doubt that bail represents while awaiting trial. You have proven yourself a danger to society incapable of learning from your mistakes and unworthy of further leniency from society.

This animal should be locked up where he can no longer harm women or generate income for the justice industry.

I wonder how much choice the judges have though - I just don't believe that they genuinely think these sentences are sufficient, and that their hands are tied.

I believe they look at a man with 26 convictions and think chaching chaching chaching. The more often these guys are before the course the more taxpayers money the justice industry hoovers up. And sure judges may no longer be paid by the case but they came up through the ranks being paid by the case and now, most likely as multimillionaires, they are keeping that gravy train running for the lawyers coming up behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

touts wrote: »
    I believe they look at a man with 26 convictions and think chaching chaching chaching.
    I think that about criminal defence solicitors but judges, I dunno... like, a lot of the sentencing is based on existing legislation. I don't think they just pluck arbitrary sentences out of nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

If he has some kind of mental illness that causes him to be so impulsive that he can’t be rehabilitated he needs to be permanently in a secure psychiatric clinic not on revolving door.

The sentencing is atrocious as always.

• Advertisement

I think that about criminal defence solicitors but judges, I dunno... like, a lot of the sentencing is based on existing legislation. I don't think they just pluck arbitrary sentences out of nowhere.

They follow their own precedent. Laws give them a lot of scope but they’ve always gone low on sentencing.

Judges are guided by sentencing guidelines & legislation but are granted far too much discretion to reward the criminal with leniency. A repeat offender has proven they are not worthy of bail or reduced sentences but judges repeatedly grant them in the face of overwhelming evidence that the criminal will just use freedom to commit more crimes. The only logical reason for that repeated leniency towards unreformable animals is that it is designed mainly to keep the criminal on the streets generating money for justice industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

At this point the enemy of the people are not scum like this. At this point it is the garda and the court systems that are supposed to be protecting people but are sitting on their hands allowing stuff like this to happen. They are paid and funded by the public to protect the public. But time and time again they pervade justice in order for what...to be seen as more "humane" toward such scum? So that the government gets a high five from the UN?

People need to get angry and stay angry. And vote and pursue change.

I love the way the judge said he wasn’t getting off when he gave a 2 year sentence.

why, in a country of 4 odd million people, we need a ****er like this breathing, is beyond me

we're not running out of mouths to feed.

put this useless specimen to sleep and put the money into healthcare

touts wrote: »
    I believe they look at a man with 26 convictions and think chaching chaching chaching. The more often these guys are before the course the more taxpayers money the justice industry hoovers up. And sure judges may no longer be paid by the case but they came up through the ranks being paid by the case and now, most likely as multimillionaires, they are keeping that gravy train running for the lawyers coming up behind them.

56 convictions. 26 assaults on women. One of which was sexual assault on a 12 year old. Two cases before the courts yesterday - a vicious assault and a terrifying ordeal for teenagers, one of which was sexually assaulted. One year for that. Two years for the assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

56 convictions. 26 assaults on women. One of which was sexual assault on a 12 year old. Two cases before the courts yesterday - a vicious assault and a terrifying ordeal for teenagers, one of which was sexually assaulted. One year for that. Two years for the assault.

Better than getting a letter from the UN telling you you're not "humane" enough I suppose...

ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

I've been arguing stricter sentencing here for a long time. You'd be very surprised the amount of people who are against it here. We need a petition to get things started and then a repeal style movement to dramatically change our sentencing laws.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Moved from AH > CA

• Advertisement

He got the same amount of time in the end as my brother did for a first offense non-violent drug crime.

Scumbag judge should have his wife put in a locked room with this mongrel in two years time to test his rehabilitation. The guy has total immunity for anything he does in the room. Why the fuk should a judge sentence some other woman to a beating? The effect of his failure at life should be felt closer to home.

Advertisement