Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Philly Antifa leader Thomas Keenan charge with racist hate crime.

...recently? Or are you coming across the 2018 news piece

None of them are named Thomas Keenan so that’s a no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Overheal wrote: »
    None of them are named Thomas Keenan so that’s a no.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1287530776104325120?s=20

Peaceful protest.
    Although as you can see from the picture of her on the right she will probably stay home next weekend. If she makes bail of course

Peaceful protest.
    Although as you can see from the picture of her on the right she will probably stay home next weekend. If she makes bail of course

Andy Ngo is a bonafide grifter who refuses to report on the right wing - you’ve made many posts attacking others for biased sources so it’s notable when you use very slanted sources of your own. Does that media bias website you frequent say anything about Ngo?

And yes, these protests are by and large peaceful despite amplifying attention of the handful of cases of violence.

Andy Ngo is a bonafide grifter who refuses to report on the right wing - you’ve made many posts attacking others for biased sources so it’s notable when you use very slanted sources of your own. Does that media bias website you frequent say anything about Ngo?

And yes, these protests are by and large peaceful despite amplifying attention of the handful of cases of violence.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1288179351272341504?s=20

They are all going to jail.

• Advertisement

I see that you have no genuine rebuttal. Are we to sit here and watch Ngo’s entire twitter feed carbon copied to the thread without comment?

I see that you have no genuine rebuttal. Are we to sit here and watch Ngo’s entire twitter feed carbon copied to the thread without comment?

It isn't possible to reply properly to you

It isn't possible to reply properly to you

Of course it is, you just choose not to.

No one you spammed about just now is Thomas Keenan so I’m not sure the reason for all of it, what was it someone else said earlier: ‘don’t believe everything you read on Twitter’

Of course it is, you just choose not to.

No one you spammed about just now is Thomas Keenan so I’m not sure the reason for all of it, what was it someone else said earlier: ‘don’t believe everything you read on Twitter’

I have no interest in a back and forth with you. Twice mods have said to cut it out . One even deleted posts. Stop trying to antagonize me. I do not consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Peaceful protest.

Given that many of the arrests of those attacking the Courthouse are by Federal Officers they are treated as Federal offenses.

The muppet with the hammer is looking at 20 years, with a minimum of 10 years.

I don't know if the video of him swinging it off an officer is here.

• Advertisement

I have no interest in a back and forth with you. Twice mods have said to cut it out . One even deleted posts. Stop trying to antagonize me. I do not consent.

I’m not antagonizing you I’m responding to your contributions, several of which are directly addressed/in reply to me. You even came into a forum I mod the other week, largely just to stir nonsense about how you didn’t like the moderation in this forum in regard to me, and have made unsolicited comments about me in feedback, and numerous other times in this forum since, many of which as you said have had to be deleted. So, your consent/victimhood argument doesn’t wash. You simply don’t like being challenged on this hypocritical consumption of Ngo’s tweets after you’ve been highly critical for others for their sources and virtue signaled about media bias - which is rich, when the reason you were Threadbanned from the trump election thread was trolling users to provide sources you proudly admitted to doing just to waste their time. Even here, you’ve made sniping remarks about me as ‘the protected one’ etc. - If you really want reprieve the problem isn’t me. The idea that suddenly now you don’t consent is farcical but sure if you want to stop stalking me around the forums finally I’ll accept your apology if you want to give it.

Danzy wrote: »
    Given that many of the arrests of those attacking the Courthouse are by Federal Officers they are treated as Federal offenses.

The muppet with the hammer is looking at 20 years, with a minimum of 10 years.

I don't know if the video of him swinging it off an officer is here.

I don’t think it is. Here’s the article and a photo of the hammer. I’m not readily seeing the video on search due to there being prior news reports about unrelated older armed robberies etc. involving a sledgehammer if you have it

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/protests/police-arrest-made-after-hammer-attack-on-federal-officer/283-fc8cd0fa-951b-4c57-ad85-af37f7a61346

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

As far as I am concerned Antifa and BLM rioters are one in the same, There are a lot of people who are scared for their businesses, hoping Antifa/BLM rioters will not smash their windows, seeing the riots outside their homes every night and wondering why the media are ignoring it or lying about it saying "peaceful protesters" or even the laughable line of "antifa do not exist", these same people would have voted Democrats in the past but I am sure they will go out of their ways to vote for Trump this time around.
    521379.jpg

https://medium.com/@mtracey/two-months-since-the-riots-and-still-no-national-conversation-12a7e3e4e006

• Registered Users Posts: 11,034 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

They are all going to jail.

So apparently is this 14 year old girl. Obviously a serious threat that needed multiple 'tough' Eugene cops to take down :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/pcbrynn/status/1287745837393641473?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Foxtrol wrote: »
    So apparently is this 14 year old girl. Obviously a serious threat that needed multiple 'tough' Eugene cops to take down :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/pcbrynn/status/1287745837393641473?s=20

Unnecessary of course but what the feck is a 14 year old doing out at these protests especially when some of them have become violent, bit of cop on from the parents is needed IMO.

Cops in NY taking on the same unmarked van and officer tactics to snatch a girl off the street in the middle of a protest march.

It is like they are trying to incite a riot and even though they failed they still come out and blatantly lie and claim they were attacked (even though it would have been fully deserved if they were). Multiple angles show no 'rocks & bottles' were thrown. How many times will they get away with blatantly lying about incidents?

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1288290384771256321?s=20

https://twitter.com/NYPDnews/status/1288270680614739968?s=20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Cops in NY taking on the same unmarked van and officer tactics to snatch a girl off the street in the middle of a protest march.

It is like they are trying to incite a riot and even though they failed they still come out and blatantly lie and claim they were attacked (even though it would have been fully deserved if they were). Multiple angles show no 'rocks & bottles' were thrown. How many times will they get away with blatantly lying about incidents?

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1288290384771256321?s=20

https://twitter.com/NYPDnews/status/1288270680614739968?s=20

Edited video from ACLU , hardly a reliable and honest source now is it ?

obviously these people are being arrested for something that they did prior to videos . this is why the police video protests when arrest on scene is impossible due to being out numbered and crowd hostility, for later identification and arrest , these arrests are what you are not seeing .

same tactic was being used in the UK against football hooligans in England since the 80s , nothing new

mynamejeff wrote: »

obviously these people are being arrested for something that they did prior to videos . this is why the police video protests when arrest on scene is impossible due to being out numbered and crowd hostility, for later identification and arrest , these arrests are what you are not seeing .

same tactic was being used in the UK against football hooligans in England since the 80s , nothing new

Do you have evidence ACLU edited it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

that's all you can argue about ? ?

do you have evidence they didn't ?

why doesn't it start before the cops arrive , there are multiple people there with camera phones gopros and even what looks like a news crew all they post is 41 second showing the arrest not what happens before

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

At the least we know that they are talking nonsense.

• Advertisement

why doesn't it start before the cops arrive , there are multiple people there with camera phones gopros and even what looks like a news crew all they post is 41 second showing the arrest not what happens before

I didn’t make the allegation, you did. So, it’s you who is arguing about it, don’t be upset when someone calls you out on it.

I see no evidence that ACLU edited the footage. You act like they were the ones who filmed it.

Danzy wrote: »
    At the least we know that they are talking nonsense.

How’s that?

Police made a statement they were pelted with rocks and bottles during this arrest; video online doesn’t support this that I’ve seen. So who is really talking nonsense? Me I’m guessing it’s the NYPD having already tried to gloss over their deliberate ramming of protesters this summer with SUVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if the arresting officers were pelted with rocks and bottles prior to filming started why are there no rocks or bottles on the ground near them or their vehicle?

Arrested for apparently damaging police cameras weeks ago, a non violent crime so there is no need for unmarked car/cops to effectively kidnap her.

Your point on the hooligan approach makes no sense. The cops didn't choose to do it at a safer point, they did it in the middle of a protest march.

Take off the tinfoil hat. Here is the original video. Only the first unmarked man had gotten to the victim at that point, her skateboard was still rolling away, and you can see the others unmarked men jumping out of the van and running to help. There is clearly no time for rocks and bottles to be thrown and definitely no time to throw them and clean up all evidence.

The cops lied, just like they lied about the George Floyd incident and nearly every situation that made them look bad right since then.

https://twitter.com/MichelleLhooq/status/1288253381883113475?s=20

No sense in such an arrest for something that happened weeks ago. Just get a warrant/indictment and collect her at home any old time.

No sense in such an arrest for something that happened weeks ago. Just get a warrant/indictment and collect her at home any old time.

Warrant put for her arrest. Police have enough to do. When the opportunity arose they took it.
    One less criminal on the streets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Arrested for apparently damaging police cameras weeks ago, a non violent crime so there is no need for unmarked car/cops to effectively kidnap her.

Your point on the hooligan approach makes no sense. The cops didn't choose to do it at a safer point, they did it in the middle of a protest march.

Take off the tinfoil hat. Here is the original video. Only the first unmarked man had gotten to the victim at that point, her skateboard was still rolling away, and you can see the others unmarked men jumping out of the van and running to help. There is clearly no time for rocks and bottles to be thrown and definitely no time to throw them and clean up all evidence.

The cops lied, just like they lied about the George Floyd incident and nearly every situation that made them look bad right since then.

https://twitter.com/MichelleLhooq/status/1288253381883113475?s=20

What is closer to the truth: your "a woman was kidnapped for committing a non-violent crime" or my "a man was arrested for violent crime against property?"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

sabat wrote: »
    What is closer to the truth: your "a woman was kidnapped for committing a non-violent crime" or my "a man was arrested for violent crime against property?"

what about damaging police cameras constitutes violence?

Warrant put for her arrest. Police have enough to do. When the opportunity arose they took it.
    One less criminal on the streets

Police ‘have enough to do’ - so they use what, a dozen or more cops to arrest her by dragging her kicking and screaming into an unmarked van? Ridiculous excuse and entirely counterproductive

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

what about damaging police cameras constitutes violence?

violence
    /ˈvʌɪəl(ə)ns/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement