Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭magicray

I finally won a case of flipz last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

magicray wrote: »
    I finally won a case of flipz last night :D

Very good. I’m still trying lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,265 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm still waiting for my flipz to arrive - over 3 weeks since I won

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ladymary

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there a reply?

I didn't get one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there a reply?

I got a reply straight away too

• Advertisement

Just won the wireless headphones with Flipz

Got my flipz - I wouldn't be buying them, weird taste like sweet chocolately to start then you get the salty kick

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Abridgett

I just go a nice picnic hamper from the recent Kerrygold and Dunne’s Stores competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

Public Service Announcement.

I finally have the Firestone tyres on my car thanks to the garage getting on to them!

Only took 16 months from the win. [no wonder the code was valid 2 years]

Won an Aldi voucher on Instagram.

Gormal wrote: »
    Public Service Announcement.

I finally have the Firestone tyres on my car thanks to the garage getting on to them!

Only took 16 months from the win. [no wonder the code was valid 2 years]

Won an Aldi voucher on Instagram.

Delighted you finally got sorted, it is terrible it took so long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just won a prize from Coca Cola, got a text. Haven't a clue what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

Mc Love wrote: »
    Just won a prize from Coca Cola, got a text. Haven't a clue what it is

Yep my husband got one there also - intriguing! (prob a free bottle of coke)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 shinto29

I got one as well. I remember mindlessly entering it when I was in Tesco. I think it's a football.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,375 ✭✭✭irishgeo

shinto29 wrote: »
    I got one as well. I remember mindlessly entering it when I was in Tesco. I think it's a football.

me too think it's a football too.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Deirdre5

fritzelly wrote: »
    Got my flipz - I wouldn't be buying them, weird taste like sweet chocolately to start then you get the salty kick

how many packets in it?

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    how many packets in it?

6 - and largish packets, couldn't finish a packet tho ::sick emoji::

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117525754&postcount=2441

Who are these people, seems a bit sus, brand new website, no online prescence bar a few news pieces years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭macguru

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117525754&postcount=2441

Who are these people, seems a bit sus, brand new website, no online prescence bar a few news pieces years ago

This is very suspect, no Garda permit for the raffle, no charity number, no contact details on the website whatsoever (not even an email address), no T&Cs, the privacy policy also has no contact or DPO details (GDPR breach on its own). No details about payment processing. No domain details (all withheld).

The group name itself seems to exist/has existed, but there's no way to verify it's associated with the website.

Personally, I wouldn't trust it.

M

macguru wrote: »
    No domain details (all withheld).

That's standard in the EU due to GDPR

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭macguru

That's standard in the EU due to GDPR

Sort of, you can choose to declare and most would leave a generic admin email address or an abuse address.

M

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Every time I try to enter Examiner competitions where there's a multiple choice question, the form asks me to tick every single box, even the wrong answers to the question. For example, in this one, I can't submit it unless I tick June 13-26 and June 15-28 along with the correct answer.
    Anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Every time I try to enter Examiner competitions where there's a multiple choice question, the form asks me to tick every single box, even the wrong answers to the question. For example, in this one, I can't submit it unless I tick June 13-26 and June 15-28 along with the correct answer.

Just tried it. Ticked the right answer and all choices were highlighted. But I could submit the entry with just one answer ticked (Chrome on an Android phone).

Someone doesn't understand the difference between a checkbox and a radio button

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Funny, on the phone I could submit no problem. But on the computer (regardless of browser) it wouldn't work.

Funny, on the phone I could submit no problem. But on the computer (regardless of browser) it wouldn't work.

Have you got add ons that might be blocking it? That is usually my issue

jesuisros wrote: »
    I saw this on Facebook and thought it might be of interest (Mods, feel free to move if it's in the wrong place).
    Elphin S.O.S. (Support To Overcome Suicide) provides free counselling service to adults who have been affected by suicide. They rely on fundraising to keep the service running and on Saturday July 24th they're raffling a PS5, two controllers and Spider-Man Miles Morales (Ultimate Edition).
    Tickets are €10 each or 3 for €20 and are available at https://elphinsos.link/product/win-ps5/

Bit dodgy with no details, T&Cs etc The website is in breach of Ecommerce laws regulation 7

Today was the final day of the Flipz competition. Finally won something, a box of flipz. Anyone that won how long does it take to come and is by An Post or courier. Did they let you know when it was coming. I hate waiting in trying to meet the courier. Thanks

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Today was the final day of the Flipz competition. Finally won something, a box of flipz. Anyone that won how long does it take to come and is by An Post or courier. Did they let you know when it was coming. I hate waiting in trying to meet the courier. Thanks

Just over 2 weeks, by courier and no notification or tracking etc

Just over 2 weeks, by courier and no notification or tracking etc

Thanks for letting me know. Is there many in it. Hopefully they are nice

• Advertisement

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me know. Is there many in it. Hopefully they are nice

Six bags - about 80g each and horrible. I've been giving them to kids I don't like

Advertisement