Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

Trump this morning said that he "has no thoughts on the election" and "wouldn't take the NHS on a silver platter".

If anyone believes this, I've a bridge you might be interested in buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I think Cuomo can be too easy on people a lot of the time to avoid the tar of being unfair to them but I fully understand why he has these people on, they need to be brought away from fox now and then and have their arguments tested and pulled apart. You are not doing this for the trump base, but for the middle ground people. The independents are very important obviously.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Trump just got embarassed in front of the world by Macron and it was glorious

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The complexity of the Trump doctrine in full flow

https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/1201891678593986561

Oh I’m sure President Xi is feeling quite the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

kilns wrote: »

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Trump was asked did he support the protesters in Iran earlier. He first said he had no comment to make on that and that's fair enough(if I bit annoying) but his next sentence was "but the answer is no" and then said he's not making any comment.

You can't say no comment and then make a comment saying you don't support the protesters in Iran. He really isn't well as he can say what he said about Iran coupled with the prince Andrew comments earlier about not knowing him yet there is photographic evidence of him with prince Andrew from years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Kamala Harris has dropped out of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I mean gulianni and nunes could have been ringing each other to talk about the weather on the day in question. I mean my explanation is as about likely as that of Torquay United wining the Europa league but still possible.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I mean gulianni and nunes could have been ringing each other to talk about the weather on the day in question. I mean my explanation is as about likely as that of Torquay United wining the Europa league but still possible.

But wait, there's more.

I guess this was the day after some Satanic orgy between Parnas, Giuliani, Nunes, Toensing, Sekulow, an unidentified person (cough.. trump.. cough) and John Solomon. That's a bit of a disgusting orgy, in all honestly.

EK46eW2WsAU2C6V?format=jpg&name=small

Forgot to mention that this was also the day that Yovonavich was told to return to Washington.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,565 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Nunes is in some pretty serious dodo. Calls to Lev Parnas as well. How is that for impartial?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Nunes is in some pretty serious dodo. Calls to Lev Parnas as well. How is that for impartial?

By right he should have recused himself prior to the start of this whole thing.

Leroy42 wrote: »

Whatever about impartiality, this is starting to look like active participation in a criminal conspiracy that's already under criminal investigation where one member of the conspiracy is singing like a bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭abff

There's an impeachment report out:

Summary https://intelligence.house.gov/report/

That makes for pretty damning reading. I presume it's all being dismissed by Trump and his acolytes as a witch hunt and fake news.

I see the so called press secretary of the White House is calling this report a complete load of rubbish more or less. Devin nunes is up to the eyes in this going on the call records.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Penn wrote: »
    It's a smart enough move from Corbyn if he does meet him. If Corbyn says he told Trump that if he becomes PM the NHS will never be part of any trade deal, and Trump starts tweeting in support of Boris, Corbyn can use that to show that Trump wants Boris as PM because he wants to go for the NHS.

Unless Trump gets coked up I reckon there is little chance of him weighing in with a tweet on the UK election. He has been primed not to, after all it is to his benefit to stay quiet.

He'll carve up the NHS once all the drone voters high on the 'Get Brexit Done' message have given their first preference to the Tories.

I've only read the opening statement from Adam Schiff and it's already looking bad and I'm only 11 pages in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,585 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Victoria Toensing seems to be on the warpath against the NYT on twitter, accusing it of lying. She tweeted on 23 Nov that Rudy never went to Ukraine because DOS staff and US Ambassador Y told President Z staff not to work with him.

https://twitter.com/victoensing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Looks like a whole lot of nothing. Is this all they have on the President?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Looks like a whole lot of nothing. Is this all they have on the President?

Bribery and obstruction of justice.

Totes nothing.

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    That makes for pretty damning reading. I presume it's all being dismissed by Trump and his acolytes as a witch hunt and fake news.

And they will point at articles by John Solomon and statements from Nunes as proof.

As I keep saying, they know their audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

abff wrote: »

They already released their "pre-buttal" in which Trump was TOTALLY EXONERATED and it was all just a DEM WITCH HUNT and it was UKRAINE who hacked the election.

They had to ignore the findings of both Republican and non-partisan reports that say the opposite, and curiously say all this without actually providing any.... you know, evidence.

It would be hilarious only they seem to be dead serious about it.

For example, on the quid pro call which Sondland says was Sept 9, the report states it was Sept 7 and presents all evidence to support this. All the WH had to do was release the call data that supported *their* Sept 9 call ( middle of the night!) but simply have not. Astonishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fair play to macron

No fan of macron but he ran rings around trump.

In saying that it’s not a fair fight really. Trump presents as a below average old folks home resident. Useless

• Registered Users Posts: 11,585 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Fair play to macron

No fan of macron but he ran rings around trump.

In saying that it’s not a fair fight really. Trump presents as a below average old folks home resident. Useless
    #
    It was a very telling comment, good that Don understood its content.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I still find it absolutely amazing that barely a single Republican has come out and said that what Trump did was even remotely wrong. It's like the entire party is either brainwashed or afraid. Defending this is basically opening the door for future POTUS's to act like kings. The "3 co-equal branches of government" concept is now totally gone out the window for future generations - I've never seen a political system so divided in my life. It's truly shocking stuff what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So I see that trump is claiming to not know prince Andrew. Am I wrong or was it the same Prince Andrew who when trump had the state visit it was Prince Andrew who showed the president and First Lady around Westminster abbey amongst other places ?

And some in the media at the time were wondering who 'the stranger' was with Trump at Westminster! :D

Also, wasn't Trump at the party in Epstein's mansion at which Andrew was guest of honour, shortly after Epstein completed his sentence in Florida?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Yes, that was a joy to watch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭abff

Watching Trump today, I was struck yet again by how childish and unstatesmanlike he is in both his language and demeanour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

So which is it then? Or why has he changed his mind?

KcQ0yUL.png

• Advertisement

The White House will say this but with the call records which show the connections between giulianni and the White House and OMB that they can't deny that it was a solo run by Rudy. The next thing is whether anyone on either end of these calls recorded them. If there are recordings then it's watergate level stuff. The recordings were the tipping point in watergate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement