Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 9 Austria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Infoanon wrote: »
    Not a great circuit for passing unfortunately. .....

It is if they've lopped off their front wing at turn 10 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Unlucky for Vettel but with the issues again but if he gets a good start and himself and Hamilton duel it out with cars in front of them it will be interesting.

Norris again shining too. He's really clicking with it at the moment.

Verstappen v Leclerc is a battle I'm looking forward too! Two young exciting drivers. Let's just hope we get some entertainment and aren't let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,567 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Excellent piece on the C4 highlights about Red Bull. Will catch it now on the +1 if anyone is interested.
    Its on in about 3 minutes.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

what happened with vettle

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Exciting grid. Short circuit with a lot of congestion. Mixed tyre strategies. High temperatures.

Yup, shouldn’t be a snore fest like last weekend! Well I hope anyway.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

what happened with vettle

Problem with the air pressure line to the engine, they didn't have enough time to repair it and get him out during Q3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

FFS , F1 rules are insane , Hamilton penalty three places but he starts fourth ....

Just read that on autosport .

Joeface wrote: »
    FFS , F1 rules are insane , Hamilton penalty three places but he starts fourth ....

Just read that on autosport .

Knew it was too good to be true that Lewis would actually be treated like a normal driver. Thats more like it.

Poor Norris and McLaren badly fúcked. Also to make Browns blood boil completly Sainz has ended up behind Albon in this "new" grid having originally been ahead of Albon due to Albon taking more new parts than Sainz has.

Priority given to the driver with the faster time. Because KMag had an engine penalty Norris moving up means Hamiltons penalty for dangerous driving decision is technical reduced. What a load of horse powered crap .

These rules are stupid , penalty is a penalty one driver moves up the other should move down

Another way of looking at it is they applied Hamiltons penalty before KMags even though KMags was known before qual started and Hamiltons was decided an hour after it finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Priority given to the driver with the faster time. Because KMag had an engine penalty Norris moving up means Hamiltons penalty for dangerous driving decision is technical reduced. What a load of horse powered crap .

These rules are stupid , penalty is a penalty one driver moves up the other should move down

Another way of looking at it is they applied Hamiltons penalty before KMags even though KMags was known before qual started and Hamiltons was decided an hour after it finished

Very stupid. I agree, it should be in order of when they were incurred, not in order of preference of faster driver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Them the rules though for the past few years.... Not like they just made them up now to suit Hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Them the rules though for the past few years.... Not like they just made them up now to suit Hamilton.

By the thread this race could be good.
    I might fix my cable to satellite to watch later on C4.
    If its on C4 now.

I dont remember anything this daft happening before. Aside from was it Monza 3 years ago? Nearly the whole grid basically got so many penalties Perez (who had like a 5 place drop himself ended up moving UP two places). That might actually be where McLaren got the 65 place grid penalty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,567 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Jeff2 wrote: »
    By the thread this race could be good.
    I might fix my cable to satellite to watch later on C4.
    If its on C4 now.

Its not live n C4 anymore. The highlights of the race will be on it tomorrow/today from 7pm.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

First time I've been excited for a race in a while. That qualifying was fantastic!

You're probably right, I've never noticed it before.

Even the sky sports guys were going about Norris now finishing 4th and how brilliant it was. Probably another case of the complex FIA rule book.

Bit disappointed as was looking forward to seeing Norris defending against Hamilton at the beginning. Them the rules I suppose.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Bit disappointed as was looking forward to seeing Norris defending against Hamilton at the beginning.

Hamilton can get a slow start and he can be slow when behind cars...... Wouldn't right off a Norris Hamilton battle for a few laps.

Hamilton can get a slow start and he can be slow when behind cars...... Wouldn't right off a Norris Hamilton battle for a few laps.

Would be interesting. The veteran British number 1 driver against the new kid.

Also looking into the rule, it seems Magnussen dropped back first, his spot is left empty and counts as one of Hamilton's dropped spots on the grid, so Hamilton moved to P5 ahead of Norris and no one occupied P4. Then once penalties are applied the empty spot on the grid is removed so Hamilton moved up into P4.

Never really realised that's how it works in this scenario but surely it's happened before and my memory is foggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

AMKC wrote: »
    Its not live n C4 anymore. The highlights of the race will be on it tomorrow/today from 7pm.

If you speak German or just want to see it live for free, adjust the dish to get RTL on Satellit: Astra 19.2° Ost
    Frequenz: 12.188 MHz
    Polarisation: Horizontal
    Symbolrate: 27.500 kSym/

Rossi IRL wrote:

No not made up to suit Hamilton , it has nothing to do with him it's just stupid rules over complicated again in F1 . Same article says the rule is new this year

Autosport "This a result of a new rule that was introduced for 2019, which specifies that priority goes to the driver that sets the quicker qualifying time."

• Advertisement

Autosport "This a result of a new rule that was introduced for 2019, which specifies that priority goes to the driver that sets the quicker qualifying time."

Maybe it is new so

I seen on twitter it was in since Spa 2016 but maybe that was wrong

Maybe it is new so

I seen on twitter it was in since Spa 2016 but maybe that was wrong

Norris and McLaren both stated they were delighted to be in P4. The original starting grid stated he was P4. They didn't appear to know their own rule.

Only Leclerc and Grosjean are starting where they qualified today.

7 years ago this was a the front row in karts

D-PdZTHWkAELxur?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

pjohnson wrote: »
    Norris and McLaren both stated they were delighted to be in P4.

Genuinely happy to see McLaren finally looking like they have turned things around and that the Honda engine in the Red Bull is looking good. At least that's one minor positive for the future (and now)!

Must feel pretty demoralising for George Russell at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well that sucks for Gasly. Halfway through the drivers parade, Verstappen gets off the truck in front of loads of Dutch fans. He then finishes the parade in a ktm X-bow
    Nothing for Gasly, the other Red Bull driver

flazio wrote: »
    Well that sucks for Gasly. Halfway through the drivers parade, Verstappen gets off the truck in front of loads of Dutch fans. He then finishes the parade in a ktm X-bow
    Nothing for Gasly, the other Red Bull driver

He has bigger fish to fry, if his season continues like that he can book a session to be driven around this track next year by himself with all the free time at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Harika wrote: »
    He has bigger fish to fry, if his season continues like that he can book a session to be driven around this track next year by himself with all the free time at hand.

Maybe he can drive the bus?

Don't think Mercs have a chance here with the tyres, unless the front 2 take each other out.

Would rather see Leclerc win than Verstappen

F2 race seems to have been great too. Please don't disappoint

• Advertisement

Harika wrote: »
    F2 race seems to have been great too. Please don't disappoint

You have jinked it now

Advertisement