Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 9 Austria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

It's under investigation, could you imagine the carnage if they gave him a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

**** off stewards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

It was a love tap for god sake, and I'm pro Leclerc. Stewards need to leave that alone

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Everyone saying Max is entitled to the corner, LeClerc is also entitled to the space on the outside.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Max loses the win, and he can have no complaints. Him punting LeClerc off ruined a great battle.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If he gets a penalty I'm truly done with this motorsport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Cool_CM wrote: »
    It's under investigation, could you imagine the carnage if they gave him a penalty.

Get the helicopter ready, it'll be the only way the stewards will get out of there if there's a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Grats to Honda winning and mclaren having a great race too

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Cool_CM wrote: »

That would be a highly controversial decision 2 races in a row.
    I can’t see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Assume they need to make a quick call on this one?

Quare drive by Max though. F1 needs that every week, an actual race at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Max could be in trouble there, he did turn into LeClerc when he didn't need to, I hope not, but would not be surprised.

• Advertisement

Very hard to argue against Verstappen being in the absolute top tier of drivers. Fantastic performance all through the weekend, makes a mistake and he does that to come back. Honestly reminds me of a video game race coming from the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

It's Verstappen, he won't be penalized guys...cash cow and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

First race I've watched in ages. WHat a cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Inquitus wrote: »
    Max could be in trouble there, he did turn into LeClerc when he didn't need to, I hope not, but would not be surprised.

Yeah he seemed to straighten up after the first contact alright then made contact again.

Charles is quite rightly pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Reckon it will be a penalty

It will be a concert of boos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

flazio wrote: »
    Another stupid move from Ferrari. Giving up track position to Hamilton. Meaning even though he has fast tyres. He'll have to overtake Hamilton on track and he's not been very good at that.

Well done Vettel.

Rossi IRL wrote: »

I tend to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Yeah, I'll hold my hand up and admit I'm wrong about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Great racing. Hope the stewards don't rob Max.

• Advertisement

Great racing. Hope the stewards don't rob Max.

Max shouldn't punt others off the track to be honest.

If he loses the win he has nobody to blame but himself.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Rossi IRL wrote: »

I disagree, but we will know either way in a few minutes.

Nope, it is a sea of orange.

Personally I would have preferred Charles to win.

That race was tremendous, great racing, exciting finish, and oddly despite the temperatures very little talk of managing components, tyres etc;

Max was excellent especially considering his bad start. Dissapointed for Leclerc, but his day will come. Good race from Norris, solid points finish today and well deserved. Serious questions will be asked about Gasly's future, that Hulk to Red Bull rumour is starting to seem less out there with each passing weekend. And shout out to Giovinazzi for his first F1 point, kept it clean and brought it home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Ridiculous if the result changes after the podium. Podium should be delayed in a situation like this, I know that will impact TV schedules but looks ridiculous if VER handed the winners trophy while then minutes later the result changes.

skipper_G wrote: »
    That race was tremendous, great racing, exciting finish, and oddly despite the temperatures very little talk of managing components, tyres etc;

Max was excellent especially considering his bad start. Dissapointed for Leclerc, but his day will come. Good race from Norris, solid points finish today and well deserved. Serious questions will be asked about Gasly's future, that Hulk to Red Bull rumour is starting to seem less out there with each passing weekend. And shout out to Giovinazzi for his first F1 point, kept it clean and brought it home.

How on earth did Gasly get lapped by his teammate?

Nice touch from Red Bull sending up the Honda guy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Hulk is dominated by Ricciardo who was dominated by verstappen who dominates gasly. Makes no sense to swap him in.
    Ocon, sainz, Norris or Russell sound like far better alternatives

Charles is fuming here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

It's shocking really; Kvyat was essentially on the pace of Ricciardo and was fired for a couple of incidents. Just saying. Red Bull is doing a lot for young drivers, but it's also chewing and spitting out a lot of them - Vergne comes to mind, not to mention Alguersuari.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Disappointed for leclerc and hope he gets the position back. But Ferrari don't deserve the win, so many blunders. They deserve a wake up call like this.

Advertisement