Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians wanted for good old jam sessions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mac456

Yeah, I'd be interested. Maybe PM me and let me know when the next jam is.

Cheers Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mydingaling

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vof

This looks cool. Are you still doing this?

vof wrote: »
    This looks cool. Are you still doing this?
    Yep, we play everyThursday. What instrument do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vof

Yep, we play everyThursday. What instrument do you play?

Guitar, bit of harmonica, bit of ukulele. Happy enough with most of the set list you posted previously.

• Advertisement

vof wrote: »
    Guitar, bit of harmonica, bit of ukulele. Happy enough with most of the set list you posted previously.

Good stuff. Well come along on Thursday and give it a go. We meet at 7pm at Camelot Studios

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Interesting - I think I jammed there with you about 6 years ago? Alas, kids have gotten in the way of me playing live music.

Still doing this every week? What's the turn out like?

Keyzer wrote: »
    Interesting - I think I jammed there with you about 6 years ago? Alas, kids have gotten in the way of me playing live music.

Still doing this every week? What's the turn out like?

We meet every Thursday at 7pm. We usually get between 4 and 5 lads each week. What instrument do you play?

We meet every Thursday at 7pm. We usually get between 4 and 5 lads each week. What instrument do you play?

Geetar... Aint got no amp at the moment though - assume there are amps there?

Geetar... Aint got no amp at the moment though - assume there are amps there?

Yes, there are amp there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 marylinmercury

Hiya, have you any interest in a singer? I'm giving vocals a go and looking to jam/practice, into everything and love 70s rock/folk

Planning on joining up with you guys soon for a jam - busy at the moment but will try to make it down next week.

Planning on joining up with you guys soon for a jam - busy at the moment but will try to make it down next week.

Good stuff, were playing this week at 7pm

Hiya, have you any interest in a singer? I'm giving vocals a go and looking to jam/practice, into everything and love 70s rock/folk
    Yeah, sure! Come up this Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 41 basshead

Hi there! Looks like fun, Camelot's a cool spot too.
    Let me know if you if need a bass player! Cheers :)

basshead wrote: »
    Hi there! Looks like fun, Camelot's a cool spot too.
    Let me know if you if need a bass player! Cheers :)
    We have a bass player but two would be fine because we cant all make it every week.

How's the jam sessions going? Still getting a good turnout?

Will try to make it this week, won' make it up till around 7:30 though.

How's the jam sessions going? Still getting a good turnout?

Will try to make it this week, won' make it up till around 7:30 though.

Sorry for the late reply, that's no problem, it's all starting to come together now. We're improving every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pryaner815

Hi, I play the drums but haven't played in a band in years. Would love to give it a go if you ever need a stand in drummer. Live in Dublin 15.

Thanks
    Paul

I do plan to attend these sessions - just mental in work at the moment.

• Advertisement

Pryaner815 wrote: »
    Hi, I play the drums but haven't played in a band in years. Would love to give it a go if you ever need a stand in drummer. Live in Dublin 15.

Thanks
    Paul

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get, or missed the notification. We have a drummer at the moment but will certainly keep you in mind if he needs a night off.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Anasue

Hi There I'm a singer I would be interested
    Regards
    Sue

Hi sorry I didn't realise your post was from 6 months ago hope it's all going well

Anasue wrote: »
    Hi sorry I didn't realise your post was from 6 months ago hope it's all going well

Hi Sue, you are more than welcome to come up and belt out a few. It's very relaxed and good craic. We're playing again next Thursday 13rh December.

Any bass players looking for regular, relaxed jam sessions? We play every Thursday evening in Camelot Studios, Dublin 15.

Hiya that sounds good will you pm me details

Cheers
    Sue

Anasue wrote: »
    Hiya that sounds good will you pm me details

Cheers
    Sue

Pm'd you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Any bass players looking for regular, relaxed jam sessions? We play every Thursday evening in Camelot Studios, Dublin 15.

I'm just getting back into it after not having played with anyone in....20 years or so? that'll date me, i'd need a setlist as I'm from the pre-internet pick it up as you go along era, trying to learn again properly now! - Can't make this thur but am around the rest of the month no hassle.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I'm just getting back into it after not having played with anyone in....20 years or so? that'll date me, i'd need a setlist as I'm from the pre-internet pick it up as you go along era, trying to learn again properly now! - Can't make this thur but am around the rest of the month no hassle.
    Great stuff. I'll let you know when we are playing again after this Thursday.

• Advertisement

Interested in getting into this in the new year - let me know when getting going again.

Advertisement