Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Friends

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Do you think the SK would have killed people off who had cleared them? As opposed to people calling them out.

I would have assumed that they'd try to stay under the radar and have as little conflict as possible.

Having said that, much as Holly is wrecking my head today, she hasn't done that.

I want to hear why Conor thins Eva was framed...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Sorry guys, my meeting got pulled up

My huge reveal (that I did mention may be nothing) is orla's reveal of her character:
    Orla WW wrote: »

I'm phoebe's boyfriend/husband - mike. I think we all have names though.

Every SINGLE person who has revealed a side character has given just the full name and reveal, with no explanation or indication of who they were. Orla gives 'Mike', no second name, and preempts it with reasoning that he's phoebe's lover.

I believe she looked at my request and Angus' request for reveal and did some digging to come up with a theory of who she should pick to keep her safe.
    Hmmm. I may have to eat my words. I've just put together all the confirmed and claimed names, and I have a theory.

All the good names so far were partners/family members/recurring characters. Wolves were animals.

Babs is the obvious outlier here.

It may be nothing, but i've nothing else to go on, and Orla, you did say you'd sacrifice yourself for the village, so....

My vote has been on you since I declared I changed.

I wanted to get Isla and Eva to share their roles so that it would emphasise my point, but alas.

oh ffs.

Holly - i remember he character. I haven't got back in to copy their info!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I think so yes, if there’s a duck surely there’s a chick. My thinking on it anyway.

That's my point - if there's a chick then there's a duck. So the name wouldn't be safe to claim. Someone else would have it.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

On mobile so can't quote easily but...

In one of Eva's posts about me being SK she had Derry down as the vig.

I, the real vig, had bullets left at that point. Remember if the SK killed me, they got any bullets I had.

The next morning Derry died.

Then Eva comes onto thread and doesn't actually go for me, she suggests she'll vote Gabriel (I had shot Gabs at that point). Nice way of implying they arent up to date, a similar strategy to Derry.

Eva only doubles down on me as SK when I pushed for Ewan lynch BUT as Gertie said in her last post, that's not really accurate. I was on the wait and see train until Gertie questioned it and THEN I ran the numbers.
    Eva pushed hard to both prevent a Ewan lynch and paint me as SK.

So that's why.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I would have assumed that they'd try to stay under the radar and have as little conflict as possible.

Having said that, much as Holly is wrecking my head today, she hasn't done that.

I want to hear why Conor thins Eva was framed...

I thought about this too, it would make sense for them to be a big player. As was said they’re essentially wolf hunting too at the start so they fit in with the rest of the village. Get wolves lynched and gain the trust of the others so it’s harder for people to then suspect you when it comes to it. I think that’s how I would play it but of course it’s down to the individual. It could be Eva did it as a smokescreen or its someone else who has been staying out of things. I think only Des left in that category really but I feel like he’s gotten into with a few people too

Right, Holly, that idea is daft. If you need me to I'll log out and check what the PM said, but it's Mike.

I'm on Isla right now. I am willing to change to Eva if Conor can tell me why Eva was framed.

Right, Holly, that idea is daft. If you need me to I'll log out and check what the PM said, but it's Mike.

I'm on Isla right now. I am willing to change to Eva if Conor can tell me why Eva was framed.

well i can be daft if i want. and it makes sense to me

Holly WW wrote: »
    well i can be daft if i want. and it makes sense to me

Sigh. It says:

"Mike Hannigan - NRV"

Are we missing anyone else's partners? No? I could be SK with that on a list, but then I'd still have it on a list and be able to copy, I wouldn't be googling and making something up.

If I was making something up, would i come out so early today and risk other people counter-claiming?

No. I wouldn't. I'd be pulling a Isla/Eva.

• Advertisement

No one is making anything up. That's the whole point.

The duck was in the game. Everyone would naturally assume that the chick was then in the game. The only ways the wolves could be confident in claiming that one of them was the chick was if they had a list of character names in the game or they were given a list of names they could claim if they want.

Being a serial killer makes it hard to win by itself. There's no way wolves would have gotten a list and the serial killers would not have. So there clearly won't be any counter claiming of any of these NRV names.

No. I wouldn't. I'd be pulling a Isla/Eva.

Pulling an Isla? By refusing to try to blend into the village? The SK would definitely be trying to blend in.

Isla WW wrote: »
    Pulling an Isla? By refusing to try to blend into the village? The SK would definitely be trying to blend in.

by refusing to give a name - you knew what i meant

Things are too quiet. I'm going back on to des

by refusing to give a name - you knew what i meant

Giving a name would be trying to blend into the village.

Ok. I'm trying to see what the value could be of holding out and I can only see one Isla.

You're SK and you are planning on leaving one of the 'knowns' unmunched in order to counter-claim.

Giving a name would be trying to blend into the village.

I was making the point that if i needed to make something up i'd just refuse to give a name.

This conversation is pointless. I'm trying to decide if Conor's theory is stronger than my tunnelling on you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Things are too quiet. I'm going back on to des

giphy-downsized.gif

Conor WW wrote: »
    Ok. I'm trying to see what the value could be of holding out and I can only see one Isla.

You're SK and you are planning on leaving one of the 'knowns' unmunched in order to counter-claim.

The value of holding out is to true to prove to you that I'm a villager.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    giphy-downsized.gif

GENIE

• Advertisement

I'm not sure that's working.

I was making the point that if i needed to make something up i'd just refuse to give a name.

This conversation is pointless. I'm trying to decide if Conor's theory is stronger than my tunnelling on you.

But no one needs to make anything up. There's a list of names given to the wolves, and therefore almost certainly the SK. No one needs to make anything up. You pick a name off the list and you're good to go. That's my point. This is worth arguing about, because an SK wants to blend in. I'm going to get lynched over this and I'll accept that but maybe it will make you all consider that the SK wants to blend in.

That is through lynch votes and this name thing. They don't want to stand out.

I hate this part of the game! Everyone is a bloody baddie.

I'm not sure that's working.

I understand that, but what good is giving a name now. I've already told you they're all meaningless.

Vote Des!

To me particularly? Coz I'm most likely dead in just over an hour.

Maybe I am truly dense but while I agree that there is nothing to be gained by the village knowing your name, there is potentially something for an SK to gain.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

My gut is telling me it’s Holly AND Isla, the numbers don’t add up aghh :(

But no one needs to make anything up. There's a list of names given to the wolves, and therefore almost certainly the SK. No one needs to make anything up. You pick a name off the list and you're good to go. That's my point. This is worth arguing about, because an SK wants to blend in. I'm going to get lynched over this and I'll accept that but maybe it will make you all consider that the SK wants to blend in.

That is through lynch votes and this name thing. They don't want to stand out.

Exactly - hence I said to Holly that her reveal was silly as if I was SK and had a list, i'd copy from it.

Anyway, standing out today for the point of standing out isn't maing me feel village.

Conor - if i'm wiling to get on board with Eva, can we lynch Isla afterwards?

Not me Angy

• Advertisement

And Eva. Let's lynch everyone.

Advertisement