Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parts of Tallaght a no go zone for An Post

Options
13»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

AllForIt wrote: »
    Why don't the guards take one of these postal vans, go under cover driving the thing, wait for something to happen, f*ck them into the back of the van when it goes, and special delivery them to the nearest courthouse.

I've an easier solution. Round them up, and offer them a free flight to Australia carrying Heroin via Singapore.

We could even give it a name.

'The Final Solution'.

Smash all Skangers, make Ireland great again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

AllForIt wrote: »
    Why don't the guards take one of these postal vans, go under cover driving the thing, wait for something to happen, f*ck them into the back of the van when it goes, and special delivery them to the nearest courthouse.

where they'll get the stiffest of 18 month suspended sentences handed out to go with their 30 previous convictions and be home by dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Of course they are. How dare An Post stop delivering to a multicultural and diverse estate in Tallaght.

Sorry but in Ireland AnPost has a duty to deliver mail and if they have concerns it's the Garda's responsibility to police the area. Who they may mostly vote for or what ethnicity they may be is neither here nor there. Uf it was Dalky ir D4 it would be sorted today.

Sorry but in Ireland AnPost has a duty to deliver mail and if they jave concerns it's the Garda's responsibility to police the area. Whi they mostly vote for or what ethnicity they may be is neither here nor there. Uf it was Dalky ir D4 it would be sorted today.

If it was dalkey or d4 you wouldnt have the post mman being attacked for doing his job.

Have a look at google maps around the estate in question, its shocking how awful it is.

If it was dalkey or d4 you wouldnt have the post mman being attacked for doing his job.

Have a look at google maps around the estate in question, its shocking how awful it is.

So the state has lost control and they're free to do as they like. How's that right? Wheres the Garda?

• Advertisement

So the state has lost control and they're free to do as they like. How's that right? Wheres the Garda?

A culture of not reporting / talking about incidents to the gardai , education from a young age that the gardai are a negative thing and an inability to effectively punish people on that end of the economic spectrum have culminated in a section of society living surrounding others in the same boat who show no fear of the law and educate their children in similar ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

amcalester wrote: »
    Just across from the Lidl that was looted during the snow.

hehehehe, sounds about right, sh1tsville

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Comanche counrty

El Paso territory

A culture of not reporting / talking about incidents to the gardai , education from a young age that the gardai are a negative thing and an inability to effectively punish people on that end of the economic spectrum have culminated in a section of society living surrounding others in the same boat who show no fear of the law and educate their children in similar ways.

How about anytime it gets rough it's mostly ignored because of that very attitude and then 'no go' because of that attitude, no wonder people come up in such an environment not playing by the rules of others. How about the Gards do their job before we ask PBP or SF to start knocking on doors? Must be a great life for any decent family to try raise kids in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

How about anytime it gets rough it's mostly ignored because of that very attitude and then 'no go' because of that attitude, no wonder people come up in such an environment not playing by the rules of others. How about the Gards do their job before we ask PBP or SF to start knocking on doors? Must be a great life for any decent family to try raise kids in.

unfortunately when it gets rough and the gardai go in heavy and do thier jobs its called fascism and inspires much protest from the SF PBP etc crowd of retards

just look at any of the efforts to combat anti social behavior in the north of ireland by psni

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

dermo888 wrote: »
    I've an easier solution. Round them up, and offer them a free flight to Australia carrying Heroin via Singapore.

We could even give it a name.

'The Final Solution'.

Smash all Skangers, make Ireland great again.

Mod:

It's not a complicated charter. "Do not post threats or state or imply that any individual or group is deserving of harm". A.K.A. Don't be a dick.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    unfortunately when it gets rough and the gardai go in heavy and do thier jobs its called fascism and inspires much protest from the SF PBP etc crowd of retards

just look at any of the efforts to combat anti social behavior in the north of ireland by psni

You are all over the place. Anti social behaviour is on PBP/SF to sort out themselves? You have it in FG/FF dominant areas too. Send young Eoghan down with his sleeves rolled up? What has who they do or don't vote for got to do with the law of the land? Unless the country is closing down and turning into Mad Max times, the responsibility for security is on the Garda not Councillors of any stripe to go knocking on doors. The idea is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

I'm amazed they're up early enough to attack postmen, all the scummers around here are in bed till noon at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

You are all over the place. Anti social behaviour is on PBP/SF to sort out themselves? You have it in FG/FF dominant areas too. Send young Eoghan down with his sleeves rolled up? What has who they do or don't vote for got to do with the law of the land? Unless the country is closing down and turning into Mad Max times, the responsibility for security is on the Garda not Councillors of any stripe to go knocking on doors. The idea is nonsense.

I dont know if you misunderstand my post or its my lack of punctuation as it was late when i posted it

What i mean is that when the gardai do go in and take action in situations like this they are heavy criticized by the likes of SF and PBP and indeed even by the main stream parties on occasion for being heavy handed and targeting innocent young people who have no facilities etc .

its a win win for the scumbagery and the political populists and a lose lose for those tasked with policing the areas

mynamejeff wrote: »
    I dont know if you misunderstand my post or its my lack of punctuation as it was late when i posted it

What i mean is that when the gardai do go in and take action in situations like this they are heavy criticized by the likes of SF and PBP and indeed even by the main stream parties on occasion for being heavy handed and targeting innocent young people who have no facilities etc .

its a win win for the scumbagery and the political populists and a lose lose for those tasked with policing the areas

Believe me it takes just one or two families to terrorise a neighbourhood. The Garda have the responsibility to protect the public. If AnPost feel threatened, it's on the Garda to do something. Any anecdotal SJW tales aside.

I was commenting on this suggestion.
    "Crowe said he has spoken to An Post and gardaí about this development and has called for a meeting with South Dublin County Council, the Gardaí, State Agencies, elected representatives and An Post to find a solution to the problem."

How about speaking to your scumbag constituents that are causing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I worked with a girl from ballyfermot and the takeaway wouldn't deliver to where she lived because they kept on getting robbed

I'd to deal with one as a teenager, who thought it was 'fun' to put bangers through letterboxes. I was 19. Now, I'm a fairly gentle civilised chap, so I look like an easy target. I took his fireworks and broke them. Cue 'crying' from the little brat, followed by (I could'nt resist it) a kick up his bum. Followed by the usual begging for mercy.

Of course its ould wan comes storming around, and I said - 'If you can't control your little ba$tard, someone else will, and he won't be putting bangers through letterboxes, will he'

"I'll press charges"

Smiles - 'Go ahead, please do'

Of course this was in the 1990's when we still had a country where we'd something like common sense.

The majority of people living in these areas are decent, and just want to get on with life like any of us, but they're held back by a small pervasive element which has always existed.

It only needs 5 families to ruin the lives of a community, and they're names are almost always 'known to the Gardai'. But they'll never be dealt with - after all, why would the welfare state, the health system, the (in)justice system, the insurance companies, and (some) politicians write off the need for their existence?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

dermo888 wrote: »
    I'd to deal with one as a teenager, who thought it was 'fun' to put bangers through letterboxes. I was 19. Now, I'm a fairly gentle civilised chap, so I look like an easy target. I took his fireworks and broke them. Cue 'crying' from the little brat, followed by (I could'nt resist it) a kick up his bum. Followed by the usual begging for

A member of An Post or a local scrote?

Collie D wrote: »

A Skanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Collie D wrote: »

Postman Pat and his box of Black Cats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Yeah MacUilliam is pretty rough alright, used to see a lot of electricity meter tampering up that way.

Wouldn't live there if you paid me.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Yeah MacUilliam is pretty rough alright, used to see a lot of electricity meter tampering up that way.

Wouldn't live there if you paid me.

Might be one of the areas the 'entitled' on the housing list turn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Might be one of the areas the 'entitled' on the housing list turn down.

Honestly, wouldn't blame them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Of course they are. How dare An Post stop delivering to a multicultural and diverse estate in Tallaght.

Don't they know that Diversity is our strength and we're stronger together?

Advertisement