Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/couple-in-ad-campaign-decide-to-leave-ireland-after-online-abuse-1.4041612

Disgusting they have been driven out by this psycho.

Surely Twitter must take action?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Agreed. Drivel and Bunkum.

The racism is there for all to see. Its really really shameful that some people are trying to make up all sorts of crazed conspiracies to pretend the racist hate speech and death threats didn't happen and that Ms Ryan and Her Partner were merely making all this up.

Of course they're not making it up-I'm sure they can reproduce the offending messages.

They are however making a mountain out of a molehill for their own benefit (I feel this is being driven exclusively by her).

Just my interpretation of the situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

9 A’s in her junior cert. 9. Love living in a country that gives all kids opportunities to excel and achieve. As hard work goes this kid wins. More of this please and we’ll see Gemma and her gemmaroids fade into the nothing they belong

https://twitter.com/ebunjoseph1/status/1180489703759462401?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Of course they're not making it up-I'm sure they can reproduce the offending messages.

They are however making a mountain out of a molehill for their own benefit (I feel this is being driven exclusively by her).

Just my interpretation of the situation.

Mountain out of a molehill?

Actual death threats are a molehill in your world, really? They've young kids, ffs. There have already been arson attacks on DP centres after the alt-****e attacked them on twitter and youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

9 A’s in her junior cert. 9. Love living in a country that gives all kids opportunities to excel and achieve. As hard work goes this kid wins. More of this please and we’ll see Gemma and her gemmaroids fade into the nothing they belong

She’ll be a highly educated taxi driver.

IM JOKING.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Epic. This has been one huge conspiracy to get an acting job. The mental gymnastics of Gemma supporters never cease to amaze me.

I'm not a gemma supporter. Couldn't give a toss about her. Don't even know what her beliefs are or what she's saying. Just giving my own opinion.

People get racially abused everyday in ireland but the actor is the one who get an appearance on the late late? Very suspect!
    “They are talking about harming and death to my partner and my child so I am not going to stay in a country [where] this is allowed.”

What are the odds they'll be back in Ireland before long....back in the media with something like this "you know, we thought about it and we decided we're not going to let them win! So we're back! And we want a change in law!!"
    “They are talking about harming and death to my partner and my child so I am not going to stay in a country [where] this is allowed.”

I can't be the only one to see the irony of them moving to the UK for safety when they are leaving the EU because of immigration. lol

An actor and a personal trainer...oh no...nothing to gain at alllll from their names being in the media :rolleyes: 2 martyrs.

So you want to police ads so only white people appear on them AND police what we can or cant laugh at? Jaysis

I'm not going to entertain someone who puts words in my mouth :)

Of all the racist things that go on in Ireland the 2 looking to profit off it gets the airtime.

professional stickers down in Killarney? No.

Jean Kleyn being told he's not irish? No.

Taxi driver attacked for being black? No.

Egotistical couple trying to make a name for themselves and make money? Yes.

Agreed. Drivel and Bunkum.

The racism is there for all to see. Its really really shameful that some people are trying to make up all sorts of crazed conspiracies to pretend the racist hate speech and death threats didn't happen and that Ms Ryan and Her Partner were merely making all this up.

Oh it did happen just like countless number of racist incidents in ireland all during the week.

Let's just say ryan will be getting more acting gigs now and mathis will be getting more personal trainign business out of all this.

Sure weren't there a load of complaints about a muslim person being used on the anti racism campaign on public transport? How come she wasn't on the late late??

They'll be out of the country for a week and then they'll be back claiming they can't let the racists win. So easy to see this.

Nigerian descent has what relevance exactly? A bit racist isn't it?

Mountain out of a molehill?

Actual death threats are a molehill in your world, really? They've young kids, ffs. There have already been arson attacks on DP centres after the alt-****e attacked them on twitter and youtube.

So they're going to a country who voted to leave the EU because of immigration and has a knife crime epidemic?

I give it a month tops before they're back. Don't they have jobs?

• Advertisement

And I just have to say...if you just got death threats and were worried for your safety...why would you go on national tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

lleti wrote: »
    And I just have to say...if you just got death threats and were worried for your safety...why would you go on national tv?

You're really really REALLY trying way too hard by spamming threads with your ridiculous notions. Maybe sit back and watch how the more seasoned ones do it and maybe try be a bit more subtle on your next account :rolleyes:

OSI wrote: »
    I’d imagine that being targeted by a high profile political and presidential candidate that’s been in and out of the news for months garners a bit of public intrigue. I was gonna ask if you’re actually too dense to see the difference but we both know you’re not. You know the difference, it just suits your beliefs to belittle them.

Gemma has been targeting people for years now. It's not like this is something new.

This isn't the last of these 2 in the media.

You can tell who wears the trousers in that relationship anyways. He doesn't want to be there at all, even says racism is normal for him and he's used to it. So if it's normal for him he's not going to make a big deal out of it in the media is he.

Gemma has been targeting people for years now. It's not like this is something new.

You can tell who wears the trousers in that relationship anyways. He doesn't want to be there at all, even says racism is normal for him and he's used to it. So if it's normal for him he's not going to make a big deal out of it in the media is he.
    I'm not a gemma supporter. Couldn't give a toss about her. Don't even know what her beliefs are or what she's saying. Just giving my own opinion.

As i said, you really need to try harder, totally contradicting yourself there kiddo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Suttree

I'd really hate to think what happened in your life yo make you so bitter and angry - it seems common with people on boards who have this "unPC"" agenda, and Gemma supporters on Twitter - there doesn't appear to be any joy in their lives, just grievances and hatred. It must be a horrible way to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,017 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Suttree wrote: »
    I'd really hate to think what happened in your life yo make you so bitter and angry - it seems common with people on boards who have this "unPC"" agenda, and Gemma supporters on Twitter - there doesn't appear to be any joy in their lives, just grievances and hatred. It must be a horrible way to live.

I know right.

It's like their new target of hatred is Ms Ryan and Mr Mathis because they dared to actually speak out.

See the way this one is spewing hatred their way.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Suttree wrote: »

Edgelords. That's what I think most of them are.

Taking the contrary or most extreme view just to offend people for the "lulz".

Generally they seem to do it because they have little else going on in their lives. Some are probably NEETs (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) too.

Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭OU812

Nigerian descent has what relevance exactly? A bit racist isn't it?

They probably wanted to make sure people knew she wasn't from Leitrim (although I'm not 100% convinced Leitrim isn't a made up place, I've never actually met anyone who claims to be from there)

Edgelords. That's what I think most of them all.

Generally they seem to do it because they have little else going on in their lives. Some are probably NEETs (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) too.

Sad.

Ah they probanly make money from youtube. Thats why we often get them pedalling their videos around here.

Pretty scummy isnt it. Making money out of how much hate you can spew.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

"Friends of Gemma" should be the name of her fellow travellers.

• Advertisement

Edgelords. That's what I think most of them all.

Sad.

In short sad sacks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

So they're going to a country who voted to leave the EU because of immigration and has a knife crime epidemic?

I give it a month tops before they're back. Don't they have jobs?

Actress (currently "resting" I suspect) and fitness trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Anyone who goes on a lidl/aldi advert has a massive ego. That is a fact.

Supplementing their savings? Come on....you wanted your face on tv and now this whole racism thing is a way to get their faces and names all over the media so they can advance their career.

It's the same thing with Emma Murphy years ago when she was on about getting battered with the crocodile tears. She had some ****ty multi level marketing "business" on fb and she got several hundred thousand likes from those videos. She's now a radio host and doing great out of the whole thing.

People mock the whole "wake up sheeple!!1!" but people are so gullible and people like the ryans are probably laughing at night thinking how easy it is.

Like a fcuking late late show appearance? I'll be watching this space for where the actor goes from here....bet there'll be some connections made!!!
    sk8erboii wrote: »
    Epic. This has been one huge conspiracy to get an acting job. The mental gymnastics of Gemma supporters never cease to amaze me.

Not just conspiracy theorising - it is classic victim blaming - blaming the person for having the temerity to stick their head above the parapet. Lleti likes his black people working hard behind the counter and his gays back in the closet. He's the kind of guy who asks what the girl was wearing when he hears about a rape, so he can cast aspersions on the victim.

And a little tinge of emasculation there too.
    She’ll be a highly educated taxi driver.

IM JOKING.
    Or maybe an accountant perhaps;

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2019/0308/1035085-iwd-how-one-woman-went-from-homeless-to-launching-a-charity/

IM JOKING, IM JOKING [That's how it works, right?]

Because standing up to bullying is important, even if you prefer people to tug their forelock and say Yes Sir, No Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Yes indeed, I've lost count of the number of actors who have started their careers in LIDL adverts.

I mean,how do you even have a discussion with people who know what they are saying is absolute horsesh!t and just don't care?

osarusan wrote: »
    Yes indeed, I've lost count of the number of actors who have started their careers in LIDL adverts.

I mean,how do you even have a discussion with people who know what they are saying is absolute horsesh!t and just don't care?

You don't, you just laugh at their stupidity and let them ramble on until they get the banhammer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Acosta

Couple go out and try to make a bit of money to go towards a mortgage and are racially abused for it and threatened online. They complain to the police and get nowhere so they rightfully accept media invitations to highlight why the laws in this area need to be amended asap. And they're getting abuse for it? Jesus. There's some seriously deranged views on this thread.

I don't blame them one bit for wanting out of here either. If i was one of them I wouldn't want to bring my child up in a kip that allowed such blatant racism and threats go unpunished

Gemma and her fellow racist assholes may not be large in numbers but if the law and social network sites are not prepared to properly punish this sort of behaviour when it happens then it only takes one, worked up to a frenzy by the usual suspects, to commit a serious act that could result in someone being seriously hurt or worse.

Acosta wrote: »
    Couple go out and try to make a bit of money to go towards a mortgage and are racially abused for it and threatened online. They complain to the police and get nowhere so they rightfully accept media invitations to highlight why the laws in this area need to be amended asap. And they're getting abuse for it? Jesus. There's some seriously deranged views on this thread.

I don't blame them one bit for wanting out of here either. If i was one of them I wouldn't want to bring my child up in a kip that allowed such blatant racism and threats go unpunished

Gemma and her fellow racist assholes may not be large in numbers but if the law and social network sites are not prepared to properly punish this sort of behaviour when it happens then it only takes one, worked up to a frenzy by the usual suspects, to commit a serious act that could result in someone being seriously hurt or worse.

Exactly.

And we have seen the result of that in Utoya, Christchurch and Batley and Spen. Gemma and her deranged supporters are highly dangerous people that are a threat to society.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The time has come to write a song called 'Gemma O'Doherty'

Oh Gemma, you came and you slurred without thinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I wonder will Gemma even apologise to these ppl. At a bare minimum she should

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I wonder will Gemma even apologise to these ppl. At a bare minimum she should

She’s suing everyone that even mentions her name on twitter. I don’t believe apologies are on her agenda.

Still curious as to where she’s getting the money for all this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement