Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I am not a feminist and don't believe in 'equality'.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

joe40 wrote: »
    Well first of all thank you, I'm not sure if I'm a good parent but like most people I do my best.
    We are exposed to much more media now, 24 hour news so things are amplified. I don't know the exact statistic but I'm not sure if Ireland is any more dangerous now than before.
    As for levels of aggression I was talking to a publican about this and his feeling was there was more fighting 20 or 30 years ago than now. This was in relation to a large motor sports event this weekend in the town I live in.
    Maybe the statistic will prove me wrong but for example I feel my own kids experiences in school for example are much more benign than I'm my day.

Year's ago you could have a good punch up or haymaker brawl at an event and you'd get either hammered or come out a winner.

Maybe just maybe you'll get thrown in a cell for the night to cool off.

Guy's wouldn't press charges or sue.

Nowadays it's a whole different Ball game.

You could get 6 months for hitting someone a slap now....
    Fined loose your livelihood and have a criminal record.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I was talking about LIFE. Not on here.

It's coming across to me that you are being rather personal. I don't like it.

You are definitely making personal attacks.

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

ZilkyG wrote: »
    And you have very little knowledge about what feminism has become, which is why people are turning away from it. It's unbelievable that you think it's a one size fits all label.
    Hedgelayer wrote: »
    Ok I'm open to be educated.

In a few sentences can you explain in laypersons terms, what's a femminist ?

@Dial Hard summed it up quite eloquently, I think.
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    Allow me to explain it to you: feminism is the belief that women should be treated equally to men. No better, no worse. It really is that simple.

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    Year's ago you could have a good punch up or haymaker brawl at an event and you'd get either hammered or come out a winner.

Maybe just maybe you'll get thrown in a cell for the night to cool off.

Guy's wouldn't press charges or sue.

Nowadays it's a whole different Ball game.

You could get 6 months for hitting someone a slap now....
    Fined loose your livelihood and have a criminal record.....

And you see a problem with people being motivated to avoid the consequences of their actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

It's not easy reasoning with someone who is drinking kool aid...

I don't understand, what does that have to do with the unfair observation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

You need a therapist, seriously.... you are all over the shop...

Please stop making personal attacks. I asked you not to engage with me here on boards.

You don't need to post in my thread.

I am a lovely person. I try to be nice on here to people. If that is not possible then I can't engage with them any longer.

Please don't post at me again. I am not enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Epistemology is a key subject in philosophy. :rolleyes:

Well you could try looking at the world from an masculine standpoint becase judging from what your posting the feminist bit was not covered very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭This is it

I think you should put more things in BOLD, OP. We'll understand it better then.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    @Dial Hard summed it up quite eloquently, I think.
    I don't believe that is all feminism is nor what it has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I don't believe that is all feminism is nor what it has become.

I don't believe feminism has anything to do with being kind, gentle and meek but hey ho.

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »
    I think you should put more things in BOLD, OP. We'll understand it better then.

Well that WAS the idea. No need to be sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Nonsense. Allow me to explain it to you: feminism is the belief that women should be treated equally to men. No better, no worse. It really is that simple.

Really that simple? Well then...

These feminists will be all up in arms at the 'thick man/clever woman' radio ads. Won't they on principle?

Feminism nowadays isn't really the 'sauce for the goose/sauce for the gander' thing it claims to be. It is a power struggle that aims to exploit a perceived victimhood - most naked in things like gender quotas. Anyone with the most basic sense of fair play knows that the answer to discrimination isn't more in the opposing direction.

Well you could try looking at the world from an masculine standpoint becase judging from what your posting the feminist bit was not covered very well.

Feminism does look at the world from a masculine standpoint imo.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I don't believe feminism has anything to do with being kind, gentle and meek but hey ho.

Yes. It doesn't. It kind of looks down on those qualities because it is from a masculine standpoint. Its for masculine women to bully other women and say 'you're welcome'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭victor8600

I wish I was MORE feminine. I wish i was more loving more patient. I wish i was LESS ARGUMENTATIVE and less competitive.

You have to join my movement, it is called "femininism". Here are the guiding principles:
    1) Don't argue.
    2) Be less competitive. If you see someone trying to compete with you, lose as soon as possible.
    3) Be feminine, wear makeup and bright pretty dresses during the day and frilly nighties at night.

(Unfortunately I have not time to run this movement!)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

victor8600 wrote: »
    3) Be feminine, wear makeup and bright pretty dresses during the day and frilly nighties at night.

18-mad-men-nightgowns.w536.h536.2x.jpg

Am I doing it right?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

I like John stuart mill. :)

Ultimate Happiness AWESOME!

If you like him you should investigate the WAAF, WRVS, WRNS, ATS, WI, MU, TG, Land Army, Land Girls, Primrose League , NAAFI, FANY, WAAC, QAINS, VAD the list goes on .
    I love that history of womens efforts in both world wars, Ive a bookshelfs crammed with accounts of what they did, sacrifices they made, brave deeds, organisations they created which still live to this day it other forms.

One of my faveourite anecdote is how women made the best ack-ack/flak gun operators, proving superior to men at shooting a moving target German bomber travelling at 400mph 2000ft up at nightime under intense pressure keeping steadfast as they calculated the trajectory and pattern to inflict maximum damage and divert the payload from populated areas.
    Couldnt have beaten those pesky Germans without the women, its the secret army H*tler forgot about.

Now who mentioned feminism...

You have to join my movement, it is called "femininism". Here are the guiding principles:
    1) Don't argue.
    2) Be less competitive. If you see someone trying to compete with you, lose as soon as possible.

What about being genuine for a moment?

You are in After Hours. This is naive in the extreme.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    If you like him you should investigate the WAAF, WRVS, WRNS, ATS, WI, MU, TG, Land Army, Land Girls, Primrose League , NAAFI, FANY, WAAC, QAINS, VAD the list goes on .
    I love that history of womens efforts in both world wars, Ive a bookshelfs crammed with accounts of what they did, sacrifices they made, brave deeds, organisations they created which still live to this day it other forms.

One of my faveourite anecdote is how women made the best ack-ack/flak gun operators, proving superior to men at shooting a moving target German bomber travelling at 400mph 2000ft up at nightime under intense pressure keeping steadfast as they calculated the trajectory and pattern to inflict maximum damage and divert the payload from populated areas.
    Couldnt have beaten those pesky Germans without the women, its the secret army H*tler forgot about.

I was talking about his philosophy.Utilitarianism etc.

I know he wrote about women's rights etc. I've read that too :)

• Advertisement

Calina wrote: »
    You are in After Hours. This is naive in the extreme.

Point taken. But i have made my bed now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Feminism does look at the world from a masculine standpoint imo.

Whoosh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

RIGOLO wrote: »

That's very interesting. I didn't know that about the anti flak operators. Any good books to recommend?

1) Don't argue.

You think that is femininity right? Feminism is saving us from that??

The handmaid's tale is just around the corner right??

Whoosh!
    I kind of remember why i don't like feminists.

Really?

That is how you are coming off to me yes. But then i don't know how i come off to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

of course you're being honest dear. now back to work or whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭victor8600

I am being genuine, honestly! I just need some time and willing followers. As soon as I retire, if I am still alive, can I count on you to be my left hand in the movement?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

No one is forcing you to post. It is a choice and decision on your part. Self control is a useful skill to develop.

you can read between the lines here ..

They dont really mean 'self control'

what they mean is change your viewpoint and then you can post here and not be harranged ..

Its the new indoctrination program.
    They believe in FREE speech as long as its the Feminist Reactionary Executive Extreme approved speech

• Advertisement

Simone De Beauvoir slept with Sartre who was in real life ...terrible to women.

Advertisement