Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you blame him or not, MP manhandles woman protester

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Whatever you say darling, ;-)

I'm trying to be nice to you. :o

Can't we just get on and express our opinions but still be friends or at least civil??

Anyhow back to the topic.

The protestor has suggested Mark Fields needs anger management. I wonder would she admit her own behavior contributed to the situation at all?

Boris Johnson said he deserved a knighthood. Although i think mentioned that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

jo branddid not encourage anyone to throw acid at or over anyone. she was very clear in what she said and that she did not condone such actions.

When asked about Brexit causing a divide in the country, Brand said: ‘I would say that but that is because certain unpleasant characters are being thrown to the fore.

‘And they are very very easy to hate. I am kind of thinking, why bother with a milkshake, when you could get some battery acid? That’s just me, sorry.[/quote]

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/13/jo-brand-say-milkshake-throwing-nigel-farage-responded-9932582/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

She had been through metal detectors police had the opportunity to ask her for ID they didn't. They knew she was unarmed.

If she had been a threat he would have peed his pants.
    A ceramic knife doesn't set off a metal detector.

This is how C4 is reporting it.
    'Are you back to being the nasty party?'

Janet Barker the victim giving her response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Danzy wrote: »
    She isn't going to press charges because she knows she hasn't a leg to stand on and if they charged her it would be a clear conviction.

Does the UK have a concept of an individual 'pressing charges?

That not a CPS responsibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

If she had of been found to be carrying a weapon of some sort he would be a hero.
    If she had injured someone or even killed, people would be asking why did no one try and stop her.
    He was totally correct in his actions, if you want to be an activist you have to expect a bit of rough and tumble.
    I'm sure she will be rewarded handsomely.

Now THIS is REALLY interesting

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17721780.mark-field-row-letter-from-mp-surfaces-calling-for-much-firmer-grip-on-climate-protests/

Guys can anyone say if this has been mentioned here before?
    Mark Field row: Letter from MP surfaces calling for ‘much firmer grip’ on climate protests

He wrote a letter two months ago to the head of the Metropolitan Police urging her to ‘take a much firmer grip’ on climate protesters:

Here is the letter.

2UWFp.png

Whatever his thoughts on the moment. He certainly had been thinking of getting tough on genuine peaceful protesters long before this. This letter was written in April.

Maybe he was egged on by businesses donations residents etc.

He certainly makes NO reference to weapons or security concerns in the letter.

Interesting to get an insight into his head and how he was thinking about climate protestors in the months leading up this attack on a climate protestor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Why you notice me over several threads I don't know.

Hard not to, you're ubiquitous in AH.

Seen it happen before, you'll burn yourself out after a while & that'll be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

There is something different going on with Irish mothers and boys in the last ten yrs. Too much molly coddling.

Someone actually wants to have no prize for the winner at school sports day. She wants all of the kids to be winners. Some kids get upset that they d win at sports. Too much molly codling for sure

• Advertisement

So clueless basically, ie making up crap.

May I suggest you look the meaning of words up in the dictionary before you accuse someone of making stuff up that they didn't actually say? You won't look as foolish that way

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Someone actually wants to have no prize for the winner at school sports day. She wants all of the kids to be winners. Some kids get upset that they d win at sports. Too much molly codling for sure
    That's the type alright. Can't stand those people.

Afraid to say boo to their kid if they throw tantrums.

Afraid to say boo to their kid if they throw tantrums.

What about the kids that don't do well in exams? (I was one of these kids) Should we give all children an A in all exams so no one gets upset?

It is nonsense. Kids have to figure out that they are good at some things and not so g at others.

What about the kids that don't do well in exams? (I was one of these kids) Should we give all children an A in all exams so no one gets upset?

It is nonsense. Kids have to figure out that they are good at some things and not so g at others.

No of course not.

Not in a nasty way of course.

But we have prepare kids to be able to accept evaluation and for it not to affect their self esteem. 'Hey you got an F BUT if you work harder you will do better next time'

If they have a small fail later they will think they will always be terrible at it.

Also they will never learn to accept correct evaluation.

I catch myself doing this all the time though. :o

Like I see people performing stuff and I do yeah that's great.

I can't help it it's in my nature!

Everyone says if I ever have kids my partner will have to be really strict or they will be spoiled.
    Mini rant.
    Years ago when i started riding ....only first three in a show got rosettes. Now everyone gets them. When I did **** i knew I sucked. I didn't mind not getting a prize I still had fun. And when i did better I knew i was progressing and i learnt HOW to get better not that i ever became brilliant. But i learnt to evaluate myself better etc.

Mini rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

It seems clear enough to me that he did not fear the woman was armed or had a bomb.

Surely he would have tackled her to the ground and held her there to prevent her taking out her machine gun and spraying the room.

Imo the red mist descended because some lefty, job shy protesting type was trying to ruin his nice function.

Someone? A real person or an internet anecdote?

lawred2 wrote:

I don't know her name. She's been on talk radio over the last few weeks. On Newstalk Ciara Kelly early this week or late last week. Ciara covered it on & off throughout her show. I still don't know her name but it is a real person. It's been covered on other radio shows but I can't remember what shows

She wants sports days not to have a winner or looser. Personally I'm not sure it can be called a sports day without winners or looser. What is the point in running down the track if it makes no difference if you get there first or last. Obviously her kid isn't good at sports & she doesn't want to see him upset. This is what we have coming up behind us. It's scary

Humans are naturally competitive so you needn't be 'scared'... And so are kids. It's instinctive. So I wouldn't be too concerned. Even if they all get something for taking part the kids will still know who the fastest was.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Sadly it's a real thing.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/why-meddle-with-school-sports-day-1.672702

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I don't know her name. She's been on talk radio over the last few weeks. On Newstalk Ciara Kelly early this week or late last week. Ciara covered it on & off throughout her show. I still don't know her name but it is a real person. It's been covered on other radio shows but I can't remember what shows

She wants sports days not to have a winner or looser. Personally I'm not sure it can be called a sports day without winners or looser. What is the point in running down the track if it makes no difference if you get there first or last. Obviously her kid isn't good at sports & she doesn't want to see him upset. This is what we have coming up behind us. It's scary

Fùck sports day thats just a yearly fun thing, I'd rather see schools upping the standards of teaching so we stop seeing the constant misuse of words in basic everyday conversation.

• Advertisement

That's a keep fit class. I mean there ARE places for non competitive people already.

That's a keep fit class.

Which is exactly what should be encouraged young children.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

It should be pointed out that the whole area of primary school education has been taken over and run by women. Many boys never have a male teacher during their primary school years. Imagine the uproar if it was the other way around.

This "medals for all" nonsense is just one of the consequences of this situation. Maybe that's OK for girls but boys are a completely different kettle of fish. Sadly, with all this female-led "gender" nonsense going on at the same time, things will only get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's a extension of the gold star nonsense some teachers routinely abuse. Sports day is a microcosm of real life and the lesson is in participating. I'm assuming the school/parents would have to foot the bill for this. Kids, in my experience, are far more resilient than some so-called adults imagine but they do need disappointments to get over.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭boetstark

joe40 wrote: »
    He wasn't employed as security, he had no right to do it.

Oh yeah. You and your type would walk past if somebody was being robbed or assaulted on the street. Yellow.

dubdaymo wrote: »
    It should be pointed out that the whole area of primary school education has been taken over and run by women.

Men don't want to do it. Not enough pay.

boetstark wrote: »
    Oh yeah. You and your type would walk past if somebody was being robbed or assaulted on the street. Yellow.
    I would walk past a protest on the street or on a politicians yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

boetstark wrote: »

Thats just a stupid comment. Nobody was been robbed or assaulted, and the MP involved obviously knew there was no actual threat.
    Just acting the big man, pushing a woman around, and all the idiots think he's great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

dubdaymo wrote: »
    It should be pointed out that the whole area of primary school education has been taken over and run by women. Many boys never have a male teacher during their primary school years. Imagine the uproar if it was the other way around.

This "medals for all" nonsense is just one of the consequences of this situation. Maybe that's OK for girls but boys are a completely different kettle of fish. Sadly, with all this female-led "gender" nonsense going on at the same time, things will only get worse.

So why did you not become a primary school teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

there was no acting like a terrorist. simply breaking past security and trying to get to someone in power is not of itself an act of terrorism. the manner in which one may do it along with other evidence is what will likely determine as to whether there maybe a serious incident requiring the required actions, so in this case, someone who wasn't behaving like a terrorist wouldn't be treated as such.
    the fact the actions can be determined to be nonviolent after the event, in fact, during the event in this case, is very very relevant. otherwise for example, protesters would be shot on a regular basis on the uk mainland.

Try asking Jean Charles da Silva e de Menezes.

Advertisement