Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot Day 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

BumperD wrote: »
    You only bet small so emptying an already empty clip doesn’t amount to much :)

Ture, the clip has been empty for a while. I won a few quid on that Fanaar yesterday and stuck the lot on japan (for me a big bet).

Had a few quid on that yank speedball in the first as well, (paddy power shop near the office).

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

If you take an opinion on something. Dont change it because the bookies priced up some special. A lot of the time it is just the traders taking a stand.
    The correct way to play it is to check the Betfair odds which is 2.06x2.42. Which is just under 4/1 with no commision. There is value there.

That being said it is still a 4/1 shot so it only happens 20% of the time. The problem is people expect these things to be 50:50 chances and when they lose there is a conspiracy that the bookies knew something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Went with Exclusivity e/w at 25s in the first, neck second to Good Vibes when giving 4lbs seems like a good marker considering the money down for Galadriel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

14:30 Chili Petin 32.00
    I can't watch it without a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Almost too late!
    Galadriel, Private Secretary, Khaadem, Castle lady, Layaleena, Collide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

aidankkk wrote: »
    Ture, the clip has been empty for a while. I won a few quid on that Fanaar yesterday and stuck the lot on japan (for me a big bet).

Had a few quid on that yank speedball in the first as well, (paddy power shop near the office).

I may prove wrong in time (usually do) but I suspect the derby form will fall apart in time with the exception of the winner who had plenty left at the finish , they finished in a heap behind which is not a good sign. I only just looked at the 3.05 jack Yeats 33/1 the outsider of O Briens thought that would be your pick :).

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bludcrazetiger

backed the fave here in Daahyeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,683 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Moon of Love
    one I LIKE in first.

That's a good win off of it's previous win. TO win in such a large field like that is a huge positive, could be a star in the making.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Aroha each way for me in the first.

• Advertisement

Jesus those Ward yokes have stunk the place out all week. I dont know is it the jockeys or the way the horses are trained. But they literally just run the guts out of them for 4 furlongs and they are dead on their feet for the last furlong or 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Jesus those Ward yokes have stunk the place out all week. I dont know is it the jockeys or the way the horses are trained. But they literally just run the guts out of them for 4 furlongs and they are dead on their feet for the last furlong or 2.

Your spot on. They are essentially 4f sprinters. They have them broken in and on the gallops a good 4 -5 months before here. They whip the **** out of them, very few become 3 yr olds.

Humanitarian for me EW here.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Your spot on. They are essentially 4f sprinters. They have them broken in and on the gallops a good 4 -5 months before here. They whip the **** out of them, very few become 3 yr olds.

Ya i dont bet them. Mainly as i dont really buy into the hype and i definitely dont know anything about them. But id be fairly miffed if i had backed one of them and the jockeys literally had the gun to the head from the minute they left the stalls.

I guess you know what you are getting if you do follow one.

Japan a class apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bludcrazetiger

pissed up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Pretty awful ride from Moore, the horse got him out of trouble there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

That's the last time I ever let someone else's opinion change mine. Had a big double (by my standard) on Japan and Hermosa but cashed out after reading the racing post this morning. A fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Was hoping he'd be running next week instead of today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Pretty awful ride from Moore, the horse got him out of trouble there.

The ride was standard from Moore this week; settle at the back and hope the cards fall right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

He kept the horse wide out of trouble and won well. Not sure what the problem was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

He kept the horse wide out of trouble and won well. Not sure what the problem was.

I'm not saying that specific ride was a bad one but it was the same one I've seen all week regardless of the horse. He's been riding strangely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

Get Moore of those horses two stinkers in a row

Get Moore of those horses, two absolute shockers in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What did he do wrong there? Horse wasn’t good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Well that's my Moore treble gone :(

Johner wrote: »
    What did he do wrong there? Horse wasn’t good enough.

Absolute crap, finding trouble in everything he rides and switching in an out the whole time looking for room

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

He did nothing wrong there. If the horse was good enough he gave it every chance to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

If you're blaming Moore for that on Ten Sovereigns then you can only be talking from your pocket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HurlyBurly

As much as everyone loves to blame Moore, he's only doing exactly what O'Brien tells him. Would probably be better off if O'Brien stayed away and let the jockeys race as they see it. Better coach than game day manager.
    Or get the likes of Dettori who would just ignore whatever O'Brien says and go do his own thing.

Advertisement