Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot Day 4

Options
  • 20-06-2019 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭

Japan day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bludcrazetiger

Japan day.

trebled up with Ten sov and Hermosa at 10s, mugs bet but sure why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Japan day.

Bangkok for me. de Sousa to get off the mark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I see the Blackrock Racing Club are going for Ascot glory in the last. These lads are "Pure Ledges"

https://twitter.com/BlackrockRacing

The owners and trainers enclosure will want to be well stocked up with schoops of Hino for Arthurian Flame tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Rugby ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Slattsy wrote: »
    Rugby ****

Class discrimination works both ways it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

No, it doesn’t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Statement of fact

I started panicking there for the poor staff at Ascot tomorrow. Seemingly you can't get pints of Hino on site. There is going to be killings for sure.

I reckon the Peroni is going to take a serious hiding. I hope they have enough left on Saturday.

Looking forward to the Rock gits picking up Matt Chapman and giving him a wedgey, live on ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Been listening a few judges saying Galadriel in the 2.30 and i can see it was getting backed. Was pitched into a listed race at York on it’s debut and made eyecatching headway into 4th behind the winner Good Vibes. 14/1 ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,131 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

It's a good job the owners/connections of Arthurian fame and the owners/connections of Labaik are unlikely to ever be in the same enclosure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I see the Blackrock Racing Club are going for Ascot glory in the last. These lads are "Pure Ledges"

https://twitter.com/BlackrockRacing

The owners and trainers enclosure will want to be well stocked up with schoops of Hino for Arthurian Flame tomorrow.

I don't think I've ever wanted a horse beat more in my life.

Great to see Frankie doing the business, what a dude, fair play to him. He has only 5 runnners today. I did a 50c ew x accum at 59796 / 1 ew. If it wins I am flying to Vegas and putting it all on black.

I am going ew against all the favourites today. The fillies can be fussier than the punters some times.

2.30 Nayibeth - is drifting but was hot with all podcasts and previews for the past month. Supposed to be the quickest thing since lady Aurelia etc etc. Also small ew on Sheila Lavery's filly .
    3.05 Pablo Escobar - Haggas is in great form. Small ew on Jack Yeats.
    3.40 Ew on Konchek. I can't get over the price and the entry to be honest. But Clive Cox is great with sprinters and he would have had other options with this horse. 66/1 is too big even if he turns out to be not good enough.
    4.20 Ew's on Frankie and on Happen.
    5.00 Magnetic Charm - Could arguably have run in the Coronation stakes given her beating of Twist n Shake at York. It looks thrown in for the Queen.
    5.40 Lethal Steps - For the King of Cullentra.

And of course Arthurian Flame has to get a tenner. I realised in the middle of the night, that in this life, you have to sometimes a pick a side. After some severe hyperventilation and cold sweating, I realised that every man, that has ever existed, is either a self entitled rugby supporting dickhead from south Dublin ….. or he is not... there is no middle ground here , you either are or you aren't, to be or not to be... that is the question.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Galadriel 16s in the opener who ran well pitched in the deep end first time out. Step up in trip to suit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

14.30 Galadriel 11/1

15.05 Pondus 9/2

15.40 Advertise 7/1

16.20 Hermosa 10/11

17.00 Lady Maddison 14/1

17.35 Johnny Drama 11/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Galadriel 16s in the opener who ran well pitched in the deep end first time out. Step up in trip to suit

Not sure where you are getting 16/1 as he has been backed.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

We go again.

Albany: Exclusively @25/1(1 point win), Jm Jackson @12/1(1point win)
    King Edward + Commonwealth: Japan @11/8 + Ten Sovereigns @5/4(2 points win Double)
    Coronation Stakes: Castle Lady @7/1(1.5 points e/w)
    Sandringham: Im Available @16/1(1 point e/w 1/5 6 places), Hotsy Totsy @13/2(1point e/w 1/5 6 places)
    Duke of Edinburgh: Byron Flyer @28/1(0.5 points e/w 1/5 5 places)

Staked: 12 points

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

11/8 Japan, seems like finding money in the road. I thought he would be backed into 4/6. Ive emptied the clip, and ladbrokes even boosted half of it to a bit bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

aidankkk wrote: »
    11/8 Japan, seems like finding money in the road. I thought he would be backed into 4/6. Ive emptied the clip, and ladbrokes even boosted half of it to a bit bigger.

I dont think the form of O Brien favourites this week has been particularly strong. So maybe that is factored into the price here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Mon the Flame

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Scoundrel wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever wanted a horse beat more in my life.

Wasn't aware of who the connections were until I saw it flagged up here and I echo your sentiments. Had a small bet on it last night but will cash out now as I couldn't bring myself to cheer it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Just looking at the record of placed horses at Epsom in the King Edward and it isn't great - 45063U5000. Add in the fact O'Briens terrible record in the race and I'm starting to sway away from Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

PP 9/2 on Japan hermosa double.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,131 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

sdoc13 wrote: »

You're probably on a winner there but purely for value I'm going Private secretary 5/1 & pretty Pollyanna 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Looks a solid double.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I cant have Japan at all. O'Briens Derby runners have a horrendous record in this race. Hard to peak twice in 20 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

My darts for today:
    2.30: Back To Brussels/Moon Of Love
    3.05: Pablo Escobarr (NAP)
    3.40: Hello Youmzain
    4.20: Happen (NB)
    5.00: Nonchalence
    5.35: Sevenna Star/Downdraft

Was on Japan in Derby but happy enough to take him on at prices today, will need them to go a good clip in front and likely to be caught out if it turns any way tactical. Happen looks a cracking bet in Coronation too, have bet her EW with and without FAV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

madmoose wrote: »
    Not sure where you are getting 16/1 as he has been backed.

Last night

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ascot 2:30 - Best long shot bet of the festival has to be Moon Of Love at 33/1 with Betfred paying 5 places. Ran for the first time 3 weeks ago in a hot class 2 race at Beverley and should have won but was badly hampered twice.

Close up on inner, challenging and every chance when badly hampered over 1f out, soon ridden and chasing leading pair when edged left and hampered again inside final furlong, kept on same pace after (op 9/2)

1st and 2nd place horses from that race have both been declared for Ascot. The winner Liberty Beach ran a very good race in the Queen Mary finishing 4th. The second place horse runs in the Chesham tomorrow. Clearly three very decent animals and the overall form line of their last race reads a lot better than many I see lined up for the 2:30 today.

The way this horse finished, and its breeding would suggest to me that a step up in trip to 6f should be ok, but I am a little concerned if there is too much juice in the ground, we are into much more unproven territory.

Still, if you accept that this horse should have a 1 next to its name, then this is clear value, and should be trading in single digit figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

aidankkk wrote: »

You only bet small so emptying an already empty clip doesn’t amount to much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 SeamusQuack

I like this but unfortunately the bookies dont tend to lose money on double specials. Was going to back both of those until I saw the pp special. Good luck with it, I hope they got it wrong. Going for a place double on those 2 with Dettori instead

Advertisement