Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus

Options

Comments

I had a brief look at this earlier and am very interested in entering but I'm not that into music. I just like what I like and my taste is no doubt terrible. But for all the questions bar one a song immediately came into my head.

Like best intro.. I just instantly thought of a particular intro that gives me goosebumps when I hear it because I love the song so much. And for a non English I straight away thought of a song that I don't even know how I found almost a decade ago but have listened to consistently since, when I just need to relax and unwind. (That ones a weird choice though so I don't think I'd do well)

What qualifies as a summer song? Does it have to mention summer or be released in summer or can it just be a song that I like to listen to in summer and makes me think of summer for no real reason??

The biggest problem is I'm terrible with current music so I'm not sure about 2019 and my song for pre 2010 is rap so that's out. Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I had a brief look at this earlier and am very interested in entering but I'm not that into music. I just like what I like and my taste is no doubt terrible. But for all the questions bar one a song immediately came into my head.

Like best intro.. I just instantly thought of a particular intro that gives me goosebumps when I hear it because I love the song so much. And for a non English I straight away thought of a song that I don't even know how I found almost a decade ago but have listened to consistently since, when I just need to relax and unwind. (That ones a weird choice though so I don't think I'd do well)

What qualifies as a summer song? Does it have to mention summer or be released in summer or can it just be a song that I like to listen to in summer and makes me think of summer for no real reason??

The biggest problem is I'm terrible with current music so I'm not sure about 2019 and my song for pre 2010 is rap so that's out. Hmmm...

1. enter - its fun :)

2. I really want to hear your intro song and your foreign language song now :D

3. Every single one of the things you listed would match the category for summer :) if you were at a gay pride festival in munich in winter during a soccer riot and you met a girl called Summer - then that would match the category if you included that reasoning with your submission ;)

4. google your musical taste + 2019 and see what comes up! This is not just about me finding new music, but its also about you finding new music, its about everyone finding new music

5. Submit it - who knows, I might love it :D

if I dont like your submission, thats no big deal. Someone else reading the thread might love it and they'll be like : "thank you so much Builebeag for submitting that, thats my new favourite song and you have opened me up to a genre i never knew existed!"

Walrus is for everyone!

Thanks Rikand! That's very reassuring! I'll pm you later! I don't think any of mine are unique. All except the foreign song would be well enough known. But it's nice to be reminded of good songs too! I'll try to find something new to me for 2019! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Are we there yet?

Can't wait for this reveal

Green&Red wrote: »
    Are we there yet?

Can't wait for this reveal

Reveals for walrus tend to take a few days/weeks/months/years due to their nature of songs having to be listened to and then ranked in order of preference.

would expect this reveal to take a couple of weeks and start a few days after signups close :)

• Advertisement

*checks when sign-ups close

I lie, I knew when they were closing, I’ve been marking it off on my calendar since sign-ups opened

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Will get a list in later today!

Entered!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭tritium

Sure went for a last minute entry

You have until midnight tonight to get your entries in.

Really enjoying listening to some of these so far and some I'm wondering whether I put myself through the pain of listening to them a second or third time lol

That's the beauty of walrus :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rikand wrote:
    Really enjoying listening to some of these so far and some I'm wondering whether I put myself through the pain of listening to them a second or third time lol

My foreign one is a thing of beauty or horror depending on what your taste is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I wonder if there's been any duplicate entries?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I wonder if there's been any duplicate entries?

That would be an ecumenical matter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Rikand wrote: »
    That would be an ecumenical matter :)

Wow, that sounds like a yes. Wouldn't have expected that!

I’m pretty sure someone else will have my foreign song

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure someone else will have my foreign song

The suspense is killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Entry in just in time. Spent ages listening to stuff researching :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

fixxxer wrote: »
    Entry in just in time. Spent ages listening to stuff researching :D

I probably should have done that. My choices are weirdly bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭tritium

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    I probably should have done that. My choices are weirdly bizarre.

Oh thank god it’s not just mine so

lol

Entries closed :D

15 entrants in - No idea when I'll do the first category, but hopefully before the end of the week. I'll give at least 24 hours notice on this thread of when I do it and then I'll create a new thread in the Other Forum Games forum :D

(p.s. If someone turbos in an entry tonight before 9 am tomorrow morning when I actually start listening properly, they will be accepted :) )

• Advertisement

Need some spoilers :P

I'm really looking forward to the reveal, can't wait to hear all the different music.

Cheers for running, I've definitely heard things I would would never had without this

This category taking a bit longer to listen to than anticipated because I'm also listening to the originals to get a feel for whether the submitted versions are better than the real thing and if the covers are 'made their own'.

Provisionally hoping to reveal on Thursday evening around 9-10 pm depending on how engrossed I am with Love Island :D

Necro wrote: »
    My foreign one is a thing of beauty or horror depending on what your taste is ;)

I decided to take a break from the covers and put your entry on.

I have no shame in saying its going to take something very special to beat it. Beat it into first or last though.... ;)

Plan to reveal round 1 tonight. Almost have everything in order. Just need to put together my justifications :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

1am? Or is that a typo? :)

Haha that’s what I thought then read again

Round one will be tonight.

Not, around one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Ah right, I see it now. Was thinking he must really love Love Island

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I was contemplating cycling through the reveal to all the fantastic music choices, depending on the time it's on. (Stationery bike :P to thin out this Walrus :o)

Pretzill wrote: »
    I was contemplating cycling through the reveal to all the fantastic music choices, depending on the time it's on. (Stationery bike :P to thin out this Walrus :o)

Some of the choices aren't very fantastic ;)

• Advertisement

*hangs head in shame*

Advertisement