Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Iran announced they will execute upto 17 people they believe are part of a CIA spy ring .
    Oddly claimed they detained some of these people in other countries .

I wonder how many different stories we will see

http://news.sky.com/story/iran-sentences-cia-spies-to-death-after-breaking-ring-11768085

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I presume you're quoting me?the US are blatantly interfering in Venezuela,and stranglng the country with sanctions to create the conditions for regime change,if what you say is true,millions would be out on the street supporting the US puppet Guaido.... hint:they aren't

Venezuela's problems entirely stem from a despotic dictator who's a complete moron when it comes to economics. The whole country is being run for the sole benefit of himself and his cronies, which include senior figures in the military to keep them sweet and ensure the guns remained pointed outward. Reminds me of pre revolution France. Maduro is being propped up by the usual suspects, Russia and Cuba. The US may be meddling, but so are those two.

There have been protests and protesters were shot and killed.

Back to Iran acting the prawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

cnocbui wrote: »
    Venezuela's problems entirely stem from a despotic dictator who's a complete moron when it comes to economics. The whole country is being run for the sole benefit of himself and his cronies, which include senior figures in the military to keep them sweet and ensure the guns remained pointed outward. Reminds me of pre revolution France. Maduro is being propped up by the usual suspects, Russia and Cuba. The US may be meddling, but so are those two.

There have been protests and protesters were shot and killed.

Back to Iran acting the prawn.

You have literally just described Donald Trump :D

Mostly agree. He's an appalling human being and an appalling president. The US's version of Nero, perhaps, though I believe Nero may have been smeared. He hasn't gone as far as turning the US military on the populace, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Iran has deployed surface ships to patrol the Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Oman. I hearing three to four frigrates. There very high chance of miscalculation going on right now. US and UK have warships patroling this area also. Next move by either side could result in deaths and injuries. Uk and US are sending messages to tankers if they notice anything unusual or in distress signal them.

HMS Montrose has been broadcasting on Channel 16 in the Strait of Hormuz to inform vessels that they can request assistance if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Iran has deployed surface ships to patrol the Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Oman. I hearing three to four frigrates. There very high chance of miscalculation going on right now. US and UK have warships patroling this area also. Next move by either side could result in deaths and injuries. Uk and US are sending messages to tankers if they notice anything unusual or in distress signal them.

HMS Montrose has been broadcasting on Channel 16 in the Strait of Hormuz to inform vessels that they can request assistance if needed.

Haha the US/UK have opened a can of worms they can't get the lid back on...both lack the introspection required to see they're the cause of all this

smurfjed wrote: »
    So its America's fault and not the fault of the last two governments who are robbing the country and people blind? Go talk to some Venezuelans and you might find that they WANT the USA to invade the country.

The present cost of renewing a Venezuelan passport is $3000, a citizen card for a child $6000, so how can you blame the USA ?

US has already attempted two separate coups since the crisis started. Both failed. One was very public when Guido tried to get the military to switch sides and failed to gain support. Another was an assassination attempt on Maduro and it failed. US has been caught been involved in this behind the scenes.

Haha the US/UK have opened a can of worms they can't get the lid back on...both lack the introspection required to see they're the cause of all this

There just a high risk of miscalculation with so many warships in small water way near the strait of Hormuz.

You have to blame both sides, but the US administration and leader Trump have caused this mess to start off in the first place.

US has already attempted two separate coups since the crisis started. Both failed. One was very public when Guido tried to get the military to switch sides and failed to gain support. Another was an assassination attempt on Maduro and it failed. US has been caught been involved in this behind the scenes.

Oh that's nothing in the grand scheme of things....here we go...regime change/meddling 101

China 1949 to early 1960s
    Albania 1949-53
    East Germany 1950s
    Iran 1953 *
    Guatemala 1954 *
    Costa Rica mid-1950s
    Syria 1956-7
    Egypt 1957
    Indonesia 1957-8
    British Guiana 1953-64 *
    Iraq 1963 *
    North Vietnam 1945-73
    Cambodia 1955-70 *
    Laos 1958 *, 1959 *, 1960 *
    Ecuador 1960-63 *
    Congo 1960 *
    France 1965
    Brazil 1962-64 *
    Dominican Republic 1963 *
    Cuba 1959 to present
    Bolivia 1964 *
    Indonesia 1965 *
    Ghana 1966 *
    Chile 1964-73 *
    Greece 1967 *
    Costa Rica 1970-71
    Bolivia 1971 *
    Australia 1973-75 *
    Angola 1975, 1980s
    Zaire 1975
    Portugal 1974-76 *
    Jamaica 1976-80 *
    Seychelles 1979-81
    Chad 1981-82 *
    Grenada 1983 *
    South Yemen 1982-84
    Suriname 1982-84
    Fiji 1987 *
    Libya 1980s
    Nicaragua 1981-90 *
    Panama 1989 *
    Bulgaria 1990 *
    Albania 1991 *
    Iraq 1991
    Afghanistan 1980s *
    Somalia 1993
    Yugoslavia 1999-2000 *
    Ecuador 2000 *
    Afghanistan 2001 *
    Venezuela 2002 *
    Iraq 2003 *
    Haiti 2004 *
    Somalia 2007 to present
    Libya 2011*
    Syria 2012

We can add Venezuela to that list again...

There just a high risk of miscalculation with some many warships in small water way near the strait of Hormuz.

You have to blame both sides, but the US administration and leader Trump have caused this mess to start of in first place.

They pulled the usual routine,sanctions,a show of force if you don't bend to their will...wrong country this time,there was a man sitting in my kitchen this morning drinking tea,he worked on merchant ships for Years and has been through the strait of Hormuz many times,even he agreed with the Iranians taking the UKs ship

• Advertisement

Mostly agree. He's an appalling human being and an appalling president. The US's version of Nero, perhaps, though I believe Nero may have been smeared. He hasn't gone as far as turning the US military on the populace, though.

That maybe so, yet his only one standing in way of military action against Iran right now. Pence is very dangerous and far worse then Trump. Best you can hope for is Trump loses the election and sensible democrat candidate wins in 2020.

. Another was an assassination attempt on Maduro and it failed. US has been caught been involved in this behind the scenes.

Lol nonsense .

Iran has deployed surface ships to patrol the Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Oman. I hearing three to four frigrates.

Can Iran afford to lose vessels

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I get that other countries don’t want to support the US sanctions against Iran for their own internal reasons and out of fear. But what if the U.S stopped protecting the Strait of Hormuz… for other countries at zero compensation, and just allow the other countries to protect their own ships? Would Iran suddenly become a wonderful world player?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Cheerful Spring2

You really need to talk to some Venezuelan's and ask their opinion. They thought that Maduro was going to be different to Hugo, but alas he just brought a different set of cronies who needed to rape and pillage the country, ask yourself, why did Russia stick their nose in to this affair, what were they trying to achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I wonder how Jeremy Hunt feels now that he was backed into a corner by Bolton and friends and tricked into joining their "coalition". The UK can't afford to get embroiled in yet another clusterfu(k in the middle east .have they fixed the leak in the HMS queen Elizabeth yet or is it still up on blocks in Portsmouth?

I wonder how Jeremy Hunt feels now that he was backed into a corner by Bolton and friends and tricked into joining their "coalition

How so .

notobtuse wrote: »
    I get that other countries don’t want to support the US sanctions against Iran for their own internal reasons and out of fear. But what if the U.S stopped protecting the Strait of Hormuz… for other countries at zero compensation, and just allow the other countries to protect their own ships? Would Iran suddenly become a wonderful world player?

If the US wasn't there there would be no need to protect ships in the area,theses aircraft carriers and gunships only cause tension in the region

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If the US wasn't there there would be no need to protect ships in the area,theses aircraft carriers and gunships only cause tension in the region

How so. Iran were actively looking to capture a US or UK tanker for the past 2 weeks in retalliation for the tanker the UK impounded for smuggling oil.

Iran is playing tit for tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

If you removed the threat of retaliation or use of force, missing oil tankers would be a weekly occurance there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

If you believe that I have a bridge in NYC to sell you. If the US wasn’t there Iran would be doing large scale piracy with everyone they had a beef with... like Saudi Arabia and the UAE. The US knows if supply is disrupted prices go up for everybody in the world. And other countries have been totally happy to free ride on that.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

GooglePlus wrote: »

If you removed the threat of retaliation or use of force, missing oil tankers would be a weekly occurance there.

I love people who believe if you just leave then things will be all right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

I think they have couple of destroyers in Persian gulf. Another one on the way, If they going in militarily, they ask Trump to join it be difficult for him to turn down an ally.

Nope.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/22/uk-must-look-after-its-own-ships-in-the-gulf-says-pompeo?__twitter_impression=true

U.K. on its own says Pompeo.

I read this weekend that trump keeps Bolton around to scare other countries in negotiations but keeps him on a leash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Gatling wrote: »
    How so .

The Spanish government said they received communication from the US urging them to detain the Grace 1 but as it was not in breach of EU sanctions they refused. The UK jumped in feet first like Captain Flashheart, acting first and thinking later. Now they have been roped into the coalition because the Iranians acted in kind .

Since you mention introspection, you could try doing a bit of it yourself. The current state of affairs all stems from Iran's post revolution bad behaviour. Sponsoring terrorism, Pointlessly provoking and railing against Israel and many other forms and examples of utter bloody belligerence since the revolution. They are responsible for ruining a once fantastic country - Lebanon. They also made worse, an already terrible country - yemen. There is so much blood on Iran's hands you would need several oil tankers to hold it all.

Inclusive in that relentlessly sh1theadedness was their blatant quest for acquiring nuclear weapons. That of course lead to justifiable sanctions and efforts to curb their ridiculous nuclear aspirations and then the agreement that Trump has reneged on.

Yes, Trump is a festering sore of a moron - a blight on history - but Iran is now and always has been the culprit. They almost seem to have been begging to be bombed back into the stone age, since the revolution.

Spare me this poor picked on Iran tripe.

Gatling wrote: »

Are you pointing that out as possibly the 367,589th blatant lie Trump has spouted since he set out to become president?

It's the old Boy Who Cried Wolf problem. There is little point in a serial liar ever speaking the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Since you mention introspection, you could try doing a bit of it yourself. The current state of affairs all stems from Iran's post revolution bad behaviour. Sponsoring terrorism, Pointlessly provoking and railing against Israel and many other forms and examples of utter bloody belligerence since the revolution. They are responsible for ruining a once fantastic country - Lebanon. They also made worse, an already terrible country - yemen. There is so much blood on Iran's hands you would need several oil tankers to hold it all.

It’s takes a huge amount of brain washing to see Iran as the bad guys in Yemen or even Lebanon.

Israel and Saudi were main actors there.
    Inclusive in that relentlessly sh1theadedness was their blatant quest for acquiring nuclear weapons. That of course lead to justifiable sanctions and efforts to curb their ridiculous nuclear aspirations and then the agreement that Trump has reneged on.

Israel has nukes.
    Yes, Trump is a festering sore of a moron - a blight on history - but Iran is now and always has been the culprit. They almost seem to have been begging to be bombed back into the stone age, since the revolution.

Spare me this poor picked on Iran tripe.

Saudi Arabia is behind or has influenced most of the international terrorism that has harmed Europe.

Anyway the Brits don’t really have the firepower to do much here.

• Advertisement

The Spanish government said they received communication from the US

But add the on going Gibraltar dispute with Spain they would claim that .

Rather than what actually happened

Advertisement