Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Figerty

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

..and it was the same after the 1st round. Not really acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I've looked back at the unofficial ones posted here which are ripped from the streams and the official ones, they are exactly the same... very sloppy now that I am paying attention to them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

I think I am getting sent on edited ones that they are not going to use themselves anyway not sure

A mate of mine sends them on to me , he gets them from one of the lads that are on the team of editing and recording

I see no difference from any of them, they sometimes show highlights of basically nothing within the game

I am not sure waiting until Tuesday to put them up online is a good idea when the same highlights appear here on Saturday or Sunday evening, maybe it's because they want lads to still buy the games , other counties like Tipperary or cork nearly have highlights up straight away after games

Only thing I would say is the streaming has been a blessing several times over the last few years when I have been away or caught for work and couldn't make the games themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya it’s still nice to have highlights to some extent to be fair.

But fecking Vimeo. Can’t even put it on the TV. Just do YouTube like everyone else

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

YouTube have locked down a lot of features now and is making it a lot more difficult for content creators so a lot of video people are moving to Vimeo.

Haha that narrows down his source .. we give out because we care really, I suppose we could always just reply and ask on twitter for improvements

Post edited by Sterling Archer on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pandering_Peter

Hello Boards.

Some big games this weekend for the big ball lads, should be a good weekend of games.

I can't comment on the streaming as I bought the season pass and have been making the best of use out of it, but I have only see foudy and corry at games, haven't seen either colm or lohans camera guys at games, I think they were involved last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭funnyname

Malone and Fitz only came on for Ennistymon at HT last night, I wonder is that because their hurling clubs only allow them to play 30 mins of football?

Ennistymon must have had 5 or 6 missing from the starting team last year , with 3 teams coming out of the group they are almost guaranteed a place in the playoffs at worst

I don't think any inagh player started last night but a number came on as subs , I think they underestimated lissycasey more so then anything else

• Advertisement

I only came across these links over the last year or so, the Clare football link was a new one on me altogether, apparently a few clubs like cratloe had links up on their Facebook page for clare games that were not televised

I have also heard a number of pubs in west Clare were showing a number of league and championship games from them links

The quality is poor but a serious thing to have all the same, Jody o Connor I think was the camera man for them this year I think

Also If I remember right, back when Clare gaa started out streaming during COVID the had a far higher picture quality, but apparently not everyone had internet across the county to good enough to stream it, then again I heard the same with people watching gaa go this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Gael85

Clare will be down a few players next year. Eoin Cleary and Pearse Lillis taking a year out. Cian O'Dea travelling and possibly Jame Malone might be gone too.

i think you can add keelan sexton who is working in america for a year next year and ciaran russell is supposed to be calling it a day too , we have options to replace them but they are big losses if it happens , on a positive note , you have the likes of emmet mcmahon who was excellent this weekend , his club mate diarmuid o donnell also , philip talty from eire og is promising , brian mcnamara was voted u20 footballer of the year this year , cian mahoney miltown , daragh burns all young lads that could be seen as options to look at next year in division 3 , consolidation would be the minimum i imagine

the most controversial part of the week , the crap highlights segment 😂

excellent win for kildysart over cratloe , emmet mcmahon was top class just back from the states ,

fine win for lissycasey friday night in the rain over ennistymon

townies are still the team to beat after their win over miltown

two injury time points keep clondegad in the mix

Clare GAA Twitter highlights came out last night, strange to see vimeo say the video was uploaded monday morning

There was always going to be a mass loss of lads when Collins went, so many lads were staying there just for him and loyal to him... and I wouldn't fault or stop anyone from taking a break or calling time on an intercounty career... It's not everything

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Treble double

The likes of Donaghy won't touch the Clare job when they see the amount of established players not available next season, I don't think that is any harm, rumour is that only Aiden Moloney interested within the county.

Tough task for anyone who takes it on, the next generation are going to have to be blooded and that will lead to a couple of seasons of transition. Staying in Div 3 will be a major achievement in 24 and the Tailteann Cup will be a big competition for Clare for the next few seasons.

What a great appointment "Mulcahy appointed as Clare GAA’s first performance lead"

https://www.clareecho.ie/mulcahy-appointed-as-clare-gaas-first-performance-lead/

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭supernova5

Another fine mess in the Clare senior hurling championship coming just 12 months after that balls-up which led to the relegation controversy last year, jasus you couldn't make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭opinionated3

What's happening? SMB lost this evening but still got into the quarter finals via score difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Treble double

What mess? A team got knocked out, the rules are there in black and white, if people don't know about them they should educate themselves. Nothing to see here, but there is an element in Clare hurling circles that craves drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

Yes, I don't think there is any mess as it's in the rules on how teams are separated when they finish level in points. It just looks like a lot of people/clubs weren't aware of it.

Looks like Crusheen are into quarter finals and Sixmilebridge go to senior B

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭supernova5

where exactly did you hear that SMB are into the quarters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭opinionated3

It was on their own Twitter account. I've seen the clarification since from Keiran Keating so no drama really

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sands81

I would agree that Crusheen go to quarter finals but looking at the rules and my interpretation would see Sixmilebride in relagation and the Mills into Senior B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭funnyname

Your mixing two different rules to come up with that hypothesis, very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Hope nobody minds an interloper from Wexford here :)

Read about the Sixmilebridge thing elsewhere, and popped in here to see what people might be saying about it. It looks black and white to me too. There's a different rule this year, and just because they maybe weren't aware of it, or don't like what it means for them, doesn't give them justifiable cause for appeal.

But just wondering if your County Board made any efforts to make sure people were in fact aware of it? For instance, the same rule applied in Wexford for the first time this year. In the week leading up to the final group games of our championships, all clubs got a detailed email about it, setting out exactly how it would apply.

An explanation was also included in a post on the Wexford GAA website (https://wexfordgaa.ie/club-hurling-championship-standings/), and this post was shared on Facebook and Twitter for the whole world to see, so that club supporters would know about it too.

In fairness to our crowd here, they're normally fairly good at this sort of thing. Did Clare do anything similar?

The rule change was communicated to clubs and if there is any club in Clare that know the rules it'd be Crusheen .. I don't believe there was any public communication or announcements...

The decision as far as I can see has been taken at face value by most Sixmilebridge people, there are still the few die hards throwing the toys out of the pram and as we have 3 weeks until the next round the belief (I'm told, possibly all pub talk tho) is that Sixmilebridge will probably lodge so kind of appeal based purely on principle.

Listening to clare fm.. Peter Duggan was Sick Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and even during the game... that unbelievable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭gaa goes

Looks like we might have an imminent announcement re who will become Colm Collins' successor as the next Clare senior football manager. Rumours flying that Aiden "Horse" Moloney has got the gig, although there's been no official word on any official media channels. Other suggestions that I'm hearing also of either Kieren Donaghy or Mark Fitzgerald.

Post edited by gaa goes on

Advertisement