Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Id be surprised if that was the starting 26 let alone the starting 15

Conlon can't get cleared until tomorrow at the earliest, o Donnell and David McInerney will have to go through some sort of fitness tests on the morning of the game

They have trained but how much we don't know, Conor cleary is anyone's guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Every time I see Shanagher listed on the bench, I always wonder should we not just throw him in there

If I was the opposition, would I want to see Shanagher starting? Probably not

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Could Shanaher play full back.. prob lacks pace but ability in the air would be an asset.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Huw Lawlor really had Duggan's number last year (in fairness he dominates most forwards), he has no issues with Duggan's physicality.

The other KK backs aren't giants by any means, but Shanagher could get joy off them. Anyways, we'll see. I'm sure we'll see him at some stage of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ch20

Ticketmaster has released more tickets for the game on Sunday. Hogan and upper Cusack tickets now available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

What injury does David McInerney have, can't remember if it was ever said what kept him out of Dublin game?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought you had to name the squad in advance do I don't think McCarthy will be available on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Recurring back spasms I believe but I'm open to correction on that

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

I think you are allowed up to 4 replacements on the match day squad if a doctor certifys that someone on match day squad cannot play.

In Munster final, Cian nolan was not on the 26, and replaced cleary that morning

Quad injury , as in leg injury not falling off a bike like a mate of mine taught last week

It's a soft tissue injury that takes longer to respond after games because he had surgery on a broken leg 2 years ago

McCarthy is probably fine to start Sunday but because of the split season and nature of injury its unlikely he will finish the game given its only 4 weeks since the Limerick game

I reckon he will be clearys replacement on the panel with Morey starting ahead of cleary

• Advertisement

I think the 4 players are McCarthy, Conroy, paddy Donnellan and John coneely on standby

I would be shocked if Adrian Mullen plays Sunday, if he does and has the same impact as last year he is something else with the injury he is carrying,

Walter will probably start for kilkenny too

You have to name a 26 man Panel with 4 players in reserve incase anything happens anyone on the 26

Liam sheady became Liam shady in Cusack pk in April when decided to name a rugby like 26 man Panel without the positioning

He may have won the day but he didn't win the war🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Jizique

Liam Cahill.

I think Galway footballers messed up v Armagh this year with 2 of their players.

Liam Cahill became Liam cagey I obviously ment to say , all them tipp lads look the same ,🙈 especially on willy Clancy week 😂😂

and then there were 3 !!

only 5 counties other then cork have won the all ireland since jimmy cooney and offaly teamed up together in 1998 😉 . that stat wont change this year but if we want our name engraved in two weeks from sunday we will have to reach top gear early shortly after 4pm tomorrow and drive on from there , no fear from here on out up the banner !!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Lohan made a balls of that. That's two days running.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Why didn't Clare run the ball for a while? They couldn't win a high ball for love nor money. It looked unlikely with ten mins left that they'd win enough dirty ball to score even 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Jizique

Has to go on Lohan, that is two semis he has blown - plus the munster final with his selection to mark Gillane

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Completely lost on the sideline, playing a sweeper when Cleary was back but not against Limerick and bringing Reidy on he's miles off the pace. Today was lost on the sideline not on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭tomo75

Was Shanagher carrying a knock? Only introduced in injury time?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,189 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

(BTW I'm not in the camp of Lohan out, but if there was to be a man to replace him.....)

Edit: and it's not Bertie either 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Just back and devastated. When I saw the team news, I was delighted cleary made it and then thought it was a bit of a curve ball playing morey in the forwards.. as soon as I copped we were playing a sweeper (I'm so naive) I was shocked.. can't comment of the ref until I see it back but they have a hard enough job. What I can say is that it's been a great 2 seasons and we just need that something extra to get us over the line in this real big games. TK prob needs a break. Refresh and reset. Maybe evaluate his game and adapt because he is going to be tailed like that in every game now.

Blood the younger guys during league and find a genuine top class free taker

my taughts exactly , lyons is a really good refferee but looked in a bit of bother early in the second half , what seemed to really rile the clare following was the yellow cards he gave us and didnt give kilkenny , but like you said i would need to watch it back ,

i do also belive there is a bit of a show made at times by our supporters when maybe there should not be towards the referee , its no wonder they used to call the park the "ali sami yen " galatassarey's old stadium

its been two excellent years going up and down the country , the future is bright no need for any rash decision making just yet , today was a cracker , had peter duggan hit the net we could just as easily be facing limerick again in two weeks time, fine margins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Seadin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

The biggest problem Clare have now, no matter who comes in as manager, is the age of Conlon. He's picking up a lot of injuries. Malone has been around a long time now too in a very taxing position. If those guys start to slide backwards...

Lohan should be given one more year at least anyway. IMO, it's too late for some of the very important players to start again with someone else.

Seriously, what manager is out there that can lead a team to an all-Ireland in year one? This Clare team can only think in trophies now and it should've happened this year. Munster at least.

I think a lot of Clare players are getting better and the team is getting better. But, there's definitely a belief issue there that surfaces in front of goal when it's time to be calm and ruthless - eg. frees and shot selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Twenty years since he first managed Clare? Must be ten years since he managed an inter-county team? Probably better off looking at the under managers coming through?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭17togo

I'm sure there will be talk of 'lohan out'. Met a couple of people coming out of the game saying exactly that. But I'd be hoping he stays. The players obviously play for him, and the camp is a tight as it's ever been.

But he does need someone with him that has a good tactical brain. Like kinnerk is for limerick and was for us. That's what's lacking, been able to change the game on the run.

Daly mentioned above, but it's been a while since he managed at intercounty level and the game has changed so much. Does he have that tactical brain? Genuine question. Brilliant motivator obviously. When he managed Dublin and Clare previously the success was more passion and fighting. Man on man style hurling.

he has a nice cosey number on tv amd a popular podcast , hes probably better off at that now , nice lad what you see on tv is what you get in every day life but not worth it

stick with lohan until next year and his 5 years are up , review it then , terrance fahey will probably be the front runner then he has some job done with the u20s and tulla before them

• Advertisement

he didnt have any great impact when he came on either , no one knows anything behind the secerns , i was talking to a family member of one of the 26 today last friday and she couldnt tell me what was going on at training , lohan deserves credit for that ,even if he dose get tactics wrong at times

Advertisement