Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Random one but Elvery's are selling a new production of the 1995 AI winning jerseys. Saw them on their website, €55 I think. May be of interest to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Random one but Elvery's are selling a new production of the 1995 AI winning jerseys. Saw them on their website, €55 I think. May be of interest to some.

Nice looking, missing the gaa logo and the centre start, but a nice idea regardless

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That looks all wrong, the blue on the sleves is too narrow, the font is completely wrong, the collar is missing the saffron, the GAA logo is missing and the O'Neills logo is completely wrong. The yellow also looks too bright

image.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Vs
    C1-000000000001115027-636Wx636H?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3wxMDMwNDV8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xpbWFnZXMvaDc3L2gyMi8xMDM3MDU1NjA2Nzg3MC5qcGd8MTFhMmJkYjBiYThhMTk3ODgwY2NlYzkzZDNlYTdmNjFlZDE4YWMzN2ZjN2NhMjg4ZDY2OWMwMzc4NjIwMmVhYg

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Clareman wrote: »
    That looks all wrong, the blue on the sleves is too narrow, the font is completely wrong, the collar is missing the saffron, the GAA logo is missing and the O'Neills logo is completely wrong. The yellow also looks too bright

well its sold as "inspired by" rather then exact replica.

Why its not a more exact replica, i dunno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Better looking imo than all the fades and swirls we're getting on inter-county jerseys currently! :P

I'd probably buy it over the current Jersey

I'd probably buy it over the current Jersey

Ah those new jerseys are no good, they are cutting corners in the sizes, sure a large 95 jersey used to be falling off me these new XXL ones are skin tight, only reason for it is the jerseys are getting smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Figerty

Clareman wrote: »
    Ah those new jerseys are no good, they are cutting corners in the sizes, sure a large 95 jersey used to be falling off me these new XXL ones are skin tight, only reason for it is the jerseys are getting smaller

Of course.. that's the only reason.. The new platic jerseys will burn the T*** of you!

The ladies footballers have gotten Leitrim and Fermanagh in their championship group draw

The training Jersey goes on sale tomorrow too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Clare GAA have stood down two members of Clare's panel for the Laois game. They were identified as close contacts of the two Wexford players who tested positive for Covid-19 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭caddy16

formerlyET wrote: »
    Clare GAA have stood down two members of Clare's panel for the Laois game. They were identified as close contacts of the two Wexford players who tested positive for Covid-19 this week.

And no Wexford players were close contacts.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

caddy16 wrote: »

Strange one. Maybe, they're sharing a house? Or they all went to Davy's house for miwadi afterwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Have personal experience,to be deemed a close contact you have to spent 15 mins or more within 2 metres of a positive case, I'm guessing whoever marked the player must fall under that category. Although i taught indoor and outdoor would be treated differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Surprising.
    I thought that especially in the second half, the Clare backs socially distanced very well from the Wexford forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

caddy16 wrote: »

Doesn’t make much sense does it. Wexford team stayed at same hotel together, in the same dressing room, huddle before and after the game but none of the other players are close contacts.

Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Feenie

Surprising.
    I thought that especially in the second half, the Clare backs socially distanced very well from the Wexford forwards

other than Liam Corry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

With Aaron fitz starting for the hurlers today he will have played both senior inter county hurling and football for Clare.

Anybody know how many others would have done this??

Sean and podge Collins anyway. Liam markham and Colin lynch

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

Frank Lohan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭letowski

Goal SOD. Good one. Ryan playing excellent again.

• Advertisement

Diarmuid Ryan has been by quite a considerable distance, our best player this year.

I don't understand why Lohan has Aidan McCarthy back in the full forward line again.

Clare's shooting is awful. 9 wides 22 minutes gone.

Clare are dreadful here.

0-11 to 1-12 to Clare at HT. Got the last two scores after Laois hit two terrible wides before HT. Clare I'd say have abot 10 wides themselves, mostly taking on low percentage shots. Clare's touch and striking is very poor, albeit its a terrible afternoon weatherwise.

Hard really to pick out any players, given how defensive Laois are. I suppose Ryan, O'Donnell and Malone are the best I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭caddy16

Great win for the footballers. With Brennan retiring and Fitz going with the hurlers 2 wins out of 2 is really positive and a small bit surprising.

Rodgers with a tap in goal after another great run by SOD. SOD has been our best player today.

2-18 to 0-13. Clare much better in the 2nd, running with the ball well. Laois are terrible though and their over-defensive tactics are ridiculous.

Colm Galvin back out there for Clare. Good to see.

Mark Rodgers has been sharp since coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Gael85

With Aaron fitz starting for the hurlers today he will have played both senior inter county hurling and football for Clare.

Anybody know how many others would have done this??

Sean and podge Collins anyway. Liam markham and Colin lynch

Conor Ryan
    Cathal McInerney
    Davy O'Halloran
    Kevin Dilleen
    Conor Cleary
    Cathal Lafferty
    Joe Considine

1-17 to 2-27 for Clare. Not much to take from the game. On to Dublin next round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Feenie

letowski wrote: »
    1-17 to 2-27 for Clare. Not much to take from the game. On to Dublin next round.

Not much to take? we showed huge improvements in my opinion. Very happy with that win.

Advertisement